Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud static coming out of Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset instead of my voice on PC?

• 20-08-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Ok so I use my PS3 headset as my main mic on my PC as well and I have been for the last year. It used to work perfectly. The last day I used it, it ran out of battery so I went off skype and just let it charge.

But today when I try and use it, none of my friends can hear me and instead hear a loud static noise. I used Skype's voice test to see for myself and they're right. My mic won't pick up my voice. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but that doesn't work. I've set it as default communications device as well but that doesn't work. In the Sounds options on my PC the bar next to my mic that usually spikes to the sound of my voice was a full green meaning it was picking up a very loud sound constantly and if I muted it, it went down by 2 bars but still said it was picking up a loudish noise, despite being muted. But since I reinstalled the mic, the bars aren't lit up anymore and stay empty, even when I speak into it. So my mic isn't picking up my voice at all but still has the weird loud static.

I think it might be that my PC somehow thinks my mic is a speaker instead of a mic but it doesn't as i have it as default communications device and I can still hear my friends through the ear piece fine. Also if I click Test in the mics setting, it just tests the ear piece part of the mic by sounding a beep in the ear. But the weird thing is, when it does that, the voice metre rises to the sound of it.

I'm running Win 8 if that helps. Please someone try help me. :)
    Tagged:

Advertisement