Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my xbox?

• 15-02-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Yes, indeed I am selling my xbox.

I have come to the good people of boards.ie to ask what kind of a price I could get for it. I'd go in and ask the 'lovely' people in gamestop, only they're money grabbing bastards and I hate them.

Well the ones I've had to deal with are.

I've got the older version of the xbox 360 with two controllers, a headset, a chatpad and seven games. (Halo 3, halo reach, mass effect 1 and 2, fallout 3 and new Vegas, and ghost recon advanced warfighter.)

Do you think I could get a decent price for this or should I just have some fun with my hammer on it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

sell it on donedeal or adverts.ie

You'll get more selling it yourself than selling it to GAME or Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Berilium2

What kind of a price should I sell it for though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

200 - 250 would be a bargain price sure to sell quick.

HDD Size?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

It's a 20GB HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

120e i reckon...

Old xbox's are quickly fading away

• Advertisement

€120 even with seven games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

€200 seems fair now that I do it up in my head

Xbox - €100 (comes with a pad and headset)
    7 Games - €80
    1 extra pad and chat pad - €20

The new slim models are €250 and most come with one free game.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

have a look on ebay etc. and see what they're selling for..
    hate to disappoint you
    but I got a 360 slim, 250 gig harddrive + 8 games ..for 238 (postage included).

I'd sell for,
    Games ~ 60
    headset & chat pad ...dont know what they're going for ~ 30?
    console ~80 ... (small HD ..that woulda put me off straight away ..bigger harddrive is approx 20 - 30 from ebay )
    total: €170 ...

If you choose to selll some of the games separately. You might be able to get a bit more ..

Really, it depends on the current price of the new model ..and how many people selling an xbox 360.
    If there's alot..expect to get less ...\:..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Berilium2 wrote: »
    €120 even with seven games?

I missed out on the seven games... 120 for the console and added controllers.

What are these games?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

console ~80
    You'd be doing well, I got an arcade brand new for €90 before xmas, the 20gig hard drive is pretty useless and brand new is brand new (viking)

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    What are these games?

They're in the first post, have a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I think you would be lucky to get 130 for the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would sell Reach and Vegas separately, then the console with older games by itself for about 100 euro. Realistically, old 20gb console isn't worth much at all these days.

200 is way off, you'd never get that. Don't forget it has no warranty, and first gen xboxes are notorious for failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I sold my 1st old one for 160 on Donedeal inc 13 games but most of the games can be got for a fiver, I sold my other old one for 120 console , wifi (had broken ethernet port) 2 controllers and three old games. Both 20GB consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Take a look on sites like play or amazon. You could probably get a good price for the games assuming they are in top notch condition. If you have used them as tea cosies and the discs are scratched then the price plummets.

The controller can get a decent price seperatley as well possibly and any other tech. Add it all up and compare to a bundle sale. Bundles are always cheaper and 2nd ones doubly so.

I was going to sell my PS3 60GB with 2 controllers 5 games and 2 BD's and cables and strategy guides for 160. I've decided to split and sold one controller and 2 games only so far for 95.....go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I bought yesterday 250 gb with copcam vc marvel 3 for 269eu. Dont bother bringing 20 gb xbox to gamestop, they dont take them anymore.

So i am kind in a same boat as op, but honestly i really doubt i can get much more then 70eu for it...

For 70eu i better keep it and give it as present to someone i know...

I really do t think it will be eady to sell it m8

Advertisement