Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MKX is Garbage town online

Options
  • 21-04-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Patches have been Several gig each time. I'll forgive the day one patch. but why the 3 gig week 2 patch?

Wasn't able to get to the online menus several times last night.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no fight request mode.

Why is there Ranked, Player matches and Rooms?
    Just make Rooms have a Size toggle.

Have large problems getting into matches in room lobbies.
    Though sometimes it automatically accepts the invites.

The lag indicator never works.

the lag is shocking. had literal half second delay in one match. and the idiot wanted a rematch. have had no matches that felt close to offline.

The quality delta in players is huge, with poor indication/ranking to show it off.

There's no friendships in the game.

Discuss/tell me why i'm wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Your own fault for not learning XRD tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

why isn't this in the MKX thread, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So normal people read it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

PC online is a bit all over the place but I find the PS4 to be fairly consistent.

It's never going to feel like offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So normal people read it.

Damn

The blow up is too real

Hadn't had too many problems with Online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I decided to let it have it's own thread and I'll merge it into the other thread when it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I agree with everything the OP said and then some. Online is sh1te to the point of broken. The servers are lagging even when looking for a game. The ping bars dont work and the invite system is muck. It's ruining the game for me at the mo as I am not one for the lab or playing against the AI.

I wish they included flags as well as ping bars. Some red connections are perfect and rare full green connections are crap.

It's much worse than Injustice and MK9 for me. It's not so much the net code as when it works it can be ok but everything else.

Also did anyone else notice that sort in rooms does not work. Try sort by rank or ping and it's all over the place. Sort by streak or name seems to be the only ones that works.

It also keeps getting stuck at ****ing the Getting Player Stats page when connecting to online.

Also the regions seem to extend to berkaberkastan and Russia.

BTW I have found that if you ask in chat for UK and Ireland you can get some good connections or go into the UK only room. They are the rare decent games I have. Weird thing is some people on my friends list that I have good connections to them in injustice with full bar connections and in this game it's red.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I don't have this game or a PS4 as of yet (it has come out at a bad time for me), but I'm wondering whether to just get the PS3 version when it comes out with all this talk of the inconsistent netcode on the current gen versions. Crap netcode on the PS3 and 360 version is pretty much a given, but unacceptable with current gen consoles in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Macal wrote: »
    I don't have this game or a PS4 as of yet (it has come out at a bad time for me), but I'm wondering whether to just get the PS3 version when it comes out with all this talk of the inconsistent netcode on the current gen versions. Crap netcode on the PS3 and 360 version is pretty much a given, but unacceptable with current gen consoles in my eyes.

Whatever version you get, don't get the PC one. It's online is a horror story.

Advertisement