Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

darego wrote: »
    stuck here..

kompany + graham or
    zabaleta + defoe

just for the first 3 GWs as i'll use wildcard during the international break. i would go with zab + defoe only if i knew zab would start that QPR game GW 3 but i can't be sure that's why i was going with kompany

thoughts?

I would go with Kompany and Graham personally. I think Graham stands a better chance of making an impact in his side in the short term as Defoe isn't nailed on for a starting position at White Hart Lane. I also believe Kompany will give you those extra points you need each week as he is very solid at the back for City.

So this is my team. :)

8gGt1.png

Unsure of whether including Vidic and Allen is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

jebforever wrote: »
    I would go with Kompany and Graham personally. I think Graham stands a better chance of making an impact in his side in the short term as Defoe isn't nailed on for a starting position at White Hart Lane.

he should be a nailed on starter when fit this season though, with adebayor gone he is their only recognised striker or am i wrong?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    I thought I was getting comfortable with my team for the first 6 weeks but when I look at it I'm just not happy!

Opinions:

£1.5m in the bank with this

team5.jpg

Mata or Hazard? Will Mata play behind Torres and Hazard out wide? If so would I be better going for Mata? The likelihood is that I'll be dropping whichever one I pick around GW3.

Am I over reliant on on West Ham with two players from a promoted side?
    • The intention with this team would be to drop Cole and replace with a united defender.
    • Drop Hazard and replace with whichever of the 8.5m - 9.5m midfielders look the most appealing at the time.
    • Upgrade Torres to Rooney/RVP or Tevez to Aguero. If I have to go with Aguero and Rooney/RVP then it's going to mean switches throughout the team to make up the cash

What would your starting 11 be for GW1 from the team above?

I'd really appreciate your opinions on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate your opinions on this...

I don't think Walters will be as good as last season, and Stoke have tough fixtures to start. I'd have Larsson, N'Zogbia, Song, or even Ireland ahead of him. Although with 1.5 in the bank you could actually do what most people have done and stick Yaya in there.

Otherwise, I like the team.

darego wrote: »
    he should be a nailed on starter when fit this season though, with adebayor gone he is their only recognised striker or am i wrong?

Oh yeah forgot to mention Adebayor there. Well Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that talks are ongoing between Adebayor and Tottenham over a permanent deal. Yeah you're right actually, Defoe is the only senior striker in the Spurs ranks. If they get Adebayor to sign then those two would be competing for 1 striker position I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

token56 wrote: »
    I know RVP messes up Kagawa and his potential positions for Utd but I still have confidence he is going o do well. Anyway here is my current team, would appreciate any opinions. My defence is the part I am least happy with.

teamb.jpg

Very good team in my opinion. I would bring in Steven Taylor or Coloccini of Newcastle for Shawcross as Stoke have very tough opening fixtures and it looks like they will be missing Huth too. Cuellar will also rotate perfectly for the whole season with one of these Newcastle defenders depending on who is home or away.

I would replace Kagawa with Bale if you have the 0.5 to spare as Spurs have nice opening fixtures and this RVP to Man Utd transfer has really made it impossible to predict their starting line up and formation, as if it was not bad enough before.

The one thing that caught my eye about this team was your 3 strikers. The 3 of them are very well priced which lets you improve the rest of your team immensely and on their day can score goals. You would have to think Lamberts style of play will bring out the Best in Bent, if Tevez gets plenty game time at 9.0 he is great value for a Man City striker. I think Spurs will definetly sign another striker before the transfer window shuts but in the meantime Defoe will play up top and with their creative players and AVB's style of play he will get chances to score goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

nbar12 wrote: »
    th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Goalkeepers: De Gea is a solid goalie. He had a shaky start last near but improved as the season went on. He’ll be under pressure to perform with Lindegaard breathing down his neck. I think this will only benefit De Gea and he’ll keep plenty of clean sheets throughout the season.
    I picked Lindegaard as back up because *if* De Gea has been dropped, he will step in and take his place.

Defenders: I picked Ian Harte and Nicky Shorey because they both have valuable premier league experience. These two are both solid defenders and I can’t see Reading conceding many goals this season with these two in their defence. I also did some research and discovered that newly promoted teams get penalties every 3rd game, seeing as Ian Harte is Reading’s penalty and free kick take, I reckon he will score 15+ goals this season. I also think Shorey will chip in with 5+ goals.
    I reckon Phil Jones will have a quality season. He can play in both defence and midfield and he can score goals, especially if he’s been played in midfield. Having him in my team is a no brainer!
    On the bench I have Joey O’Brien who came on and did excellent for Ireland against Serbia last night. Mike Williamson is also on the bench and is a quality defender who will do well when called upon.

Midfielders: James McClean came out of nowhere earlier this year. I think McClean will start almost every match this season and I can see him scoring 15+ goals along with 20+ assists. James McCarthy is the future of Irish football and he will have a big season. This is the season where he will up his price tag. I say he’ll score about 8 goals this season but will have 20+ assists. Chris Brunt is a fantastic midfielder. He is so underrated because he gets you goals and assists. WBA would be relegated without him and he also has valuable international experience with Norn Iron. I picked James Milner for the exact same reason as Brunt. He had a good season last year and I think this season will be his time to shine. Mark my words, Milner will score 10+ goals and will have 30+ assists. I have Anthony Pilkington on my bench because he had a great season last year but I think he might suffer from second season syndrome. Nonetheless, I think he’s a fantastic player to have as back up.

Forwards: Peter Crouch will have a big season, just like his height! I reckon he’ll be the main man to score Stokes goals. If he produces more goals like he did against Man City, I say he’ll score at least 20 goals. Franco Di Santo is in for a big season! He scored two great goals against Arsenal last year and showed everyone his quality. I reckon with McCarthy’s passes, Di Santo will convert 95% of the chances given to him and will score 15+ goals. Andy Carroll is a phenomenal striker, he was unfortunate last season but I expect him to get 30+ goals this year, he is a brilliant technical player that will eventually fit into Brendan Rogers’ system.

Coming from the guy that gave us this made up pile of garbage...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79437144

Man if you actually applied yourself instead of making sh!t up you'd be a semi decent contributor. Of course your messing, but your team is the worst posted so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Thoughts on my 2nd draft please
    Ruddy/Jaaskelainen
    Hangeland/Fabio/Cole A/Zabaleta/Warnock
    Kagawa/VDV/Miyachi/Ireland/Noble
    Rooney/Tevez/Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

razor425 wrote: »
    Thoughts on my 2nd draft please
    Ruddy/Jaaskelainen
    Hangeland/Fabio/Cole A/Zabaleta/Warnock
    Kagawa/VDV/Miyachi/Ireland/Noble
    Rooney/Tevez/Torres

Nice front line!

Obviously the rest of your team suffers a bit as a result. Would have doubts over VDV, Myachi, possibly Ireland, and not having a strong goalie, but you're restricted with not having funds in that sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

qceZn.png

My latest and probably final offering. Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

keano_afc wrote: »
    qceZn.png

My latest and probably final offering. Any opinions?

would you not play noble ahead of pienaar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

manual_man wrote: »
    Would have doubts over VDV,

care to elaborate ?

miller82 wrote: »
    Would have doubts over VDV,

care to elaborate ?

Siggurdson plays the same position as him. General consensus is that the two of them will be fighting for the one position (behind the striker), but we won't know for sure until after a few games. Bale a much safer bet imo if you want a Spurs attacking mid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Last draft and then I'm going to finalise in case I get stung by the website crash again!

Certainly taking a big risk up front. Any opinions appreciated on:

Bale vs Kagawa
    Mata vs Hazard

14d6f61d8262985e6a2cb064dea0065b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Siggurdson plays the same position as him. General consensus is that the two of them will be fighting for the one position (behind the striker), but we won't know for sure until after a few games. Bale a much safer bet imo if you want a Spurs attacking mid

VDV will be the first name on the the spurs team sheet. their best player by a mile. siggurdson will be back up to VDV and may even be stuck on the wing.

Nozebleed wrote: »

VDV will be the first name on the the spurs team sheet. their best player by a mile. siggurdson will be back up to VDV and may even be stuck on the wing.

Are you AVB in disguise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

4puie1.png

Nearly happy with this. Saurez or Cisse?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

Thoughts of my final team.....
    Vorm
    Terry,enRique,lescott
    Allen, lampard, Silva,Walters
    Torres,aguero,Lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

VdV and Ramires
    or Bale and N'Zogbia ?

I'm presuming the second option is the safer one, but then Ramires has the possibility of two game

miller82 wrote: »

VdV and Ramires
    or Bale and N'Zogbia ?

I'm presuming the second option is the safer one, but then Ramires has the possibility of two game

Ramires is a quality player, but Chelsea have so many attacking mid options, that's the worry. I'll be keeping an eye on Nzogbia, could be a goldmine for ff points, but starting out i'm sticking with Pienaar as a safer bet, if the likes of Nzog and other prove good options, i'll get them in... tbh there's more viable options than ever this year, it's tricky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

@unkymo Too much Liverpool. This coming from a Pool fan. Fixtures are rough, I'd lose Reina and Allen and keep Suarez is you fancy him to do well. Lose RVP and get Aguero, Tevez or Torres and use the savings to improve your bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Ok how's this?

ffteam.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I've tweaked the team ever so slightly.

I've ditched Coloccini and replaced him with Clark.

I'm coming to the realisation that there is going to be far too much rotation in the United defence this year. Therefore, I think the best option will be to draft in De Gea as over for the United defence. I won't be doing that until GW3 or so though.

team6n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Friedel, Green

Zabaleta, Rafael, Clyne, Fabio, Cahill

Mata, Toure, Noble, Cazorla, Allen

Torres, Tevez, Defoe

1st picks are bolded, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

OK, so this is it!!! FINAL DRAFT ....i hope:pac:

captureaui.jpg

£3.5mil in the bank to bring in whoever I like over the first couple of weeks, not sold on parting with all that cash on Rooney or RVP at the moment though! Will more then likely upgrade Pog for Podolski, swap Torres for Cisse and if Cazorla isn't doing the business ill change him for whichever midfielder seems to be on form by GW3.

Zabaleta is only temporary as i'm sure he is for most, and will probably change A Cole at some stage but not definitely if Chelsea are playing well!

The only place im really unhappy with is my keepers, something keeps telling me to pick Krul over DDG but I don't think I will!

All opinions and criticism(constructive or otherwise) welcomed!

That's a good team SpaceCowb0y. I like the fact you're utilising the DGW for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Jaaskelainen/Mignolet

Fabio/Rafael/A.Cole/Kompany/Harte

Mata/Toure/Cazorla/Fellaini/Britton

Tevez/Pogrebnyak/Torres(C)

Thats my team at the moment with Mignolet,Fabio and Britton on the bench for GW1. I feel like Felliani may play more advanced more often this year with Cahill gone so thats why Ive gone with him.

Any thoughts???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

My team (2m in bank)
    Federici

Zabaleta A.Cole Santon

Toure Michu Mata (v) Cazorla

Tevez Torres (c) Pog

Bench: DeGea Demel Puncheon Ceullar

Had to drop kagawa for Toure with the news of RVP but will keep an eye on Kagawa as I rate him very highly. Also wanted to fit in Kacaniclic (4.5m) but needed a guranteed starter for GW3 so bottled it and went for puncheon. Will look to do Mata -> Bale and get pogbrenyak out for either graham or some other within budget striker for GW3. Will get rid of Zabaleta in the long run.

Any opinons would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully won't have to do to much more tweaking before Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

0.5m left in the bank just maybe one or two more tweaks would like peoples opinions.

De Gea

Lescott Enrique Heitinga

Bale McClean Ireland Pienaar

Aguero Bent Defoe

Subs. Federici Fabio Larsson Tomkins.

Was thinking maybe bring in Pearce for 4.5 instead of Heitinga and leaving me with 1.5 in the bank. Plus also bringing in Shawcross or Collocini instead of Enrique which would leave me 2.5. This would allow me upgrade Defoe to Torres if Spurs bring in a new striker. Breaks my heart taking out Rooney and Kagawa but just cant see how they are going to play.

• Advertisement

My team

De Gea (Rudd)

Zabaleta A.Cole Jenkinson (Clyne Fabio)

Taarabt Bale Mata Noble (Pienaar)

Torres(C) Tevez Graham

and 3 million in the bank.

What do ye all think?

Advertisement