Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not til October :mad:

Oops, just realised it's actually "Frankenweenie"!

Frankenweiner sounds a bit obscene :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Have had a rollercoaster of a week last week, been busy, busy, busy so havent been online much. Huge hugs to anybody having a hard time lately.

I have got to go and meet my daughter's teacher this afternoon. My little girl has been hysterical most mornings last week going into school and I asked the teacher on Friday could I meet with her to have a chat. I know my daughter is being bullied in school by another boy in her class and I am going to have to talk to the teacher about it. My nerves are in tatters already. The last time I had to talk to the teacher a couple of months ago the teacher said nothing was going on.....no I have to get her to understand there is something going on!!! I hope she listens......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I didn't full on bawl, I just got a bit misty eyed because I thought it was nice to wake up to a text like that. And I don't tear up every time he sends me a text. I'm a bit weird but I don't think I'm that weird. Maybe I'm taking it all wrong but I feel like I should be apologising for being in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Have had a rollercoaster of a week last week, been busy, busy, busy so havent been online much. Huge hugs to anybody having a hard time lately.

I have got to go and meet my daughter's teacher this afternoon. My little girl has been hysterical most mornings last week going into school and I asked the teacher on Friday could I meet with her to have a chat. I know my daughter is being bullied in school by another boy in her class and I am going to have to talk to the teacher about it. My nerves are in tatters already. The last time I had to talk to the teacher a couple of months ago the teacher said nothing was going on.....no I have to get her to understand there is something going on!!! I hope she listens......
    Good luck Ellieh, I hope it goes well for you this afternoon with your daughters teacher.

Bullying is such a horrible, horrible thing, I really hope the teacher listens and does something to put a stop to it, although I know from personal experience it is extremely hard to put a stop to bullying.

If the teacher won't listen, could you speak to the principal or even someone in the Dept of Education?

I know when I was being bullied I got the school involved, nothing changed, so I then had to get the Dept of Education and police involved, but my bullying was severe to the point I ended up leaving school and now suffer with Depression as a result of it.

Sorry for the ramble, I hope you get somewhere with the school, good luck.

Ellieh1 - Hope everything goes well at your daughter's school. :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I didn't full on bawl, I just got a bit misty eyed because I thought it was nice to wake up to a text like that. And I don't tear up every time he sends me a text. I'm a bit weird but I don't think I'm that weird. Maybe I'm taking it all wrong but I feel like I should be apologising for being in love.

I teared up on the bus to college this morning! I sent my boyfriend a little figurine of Princess Peach and he got it this morning with an I Miss You card and text me to say how much he appreciated it. He said "I got a parcel, it was you in a tiny bubble!" Was just nice to know how much he liked it and the thought :)

I understand Jane, we are saps aswell! Don't apologise!

Awh PrincessPeach that's really cute! :D I only saw my bf yesterday but it's just really nice to know he was thinking about me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I tear up quiet often at my boyfriends texts, only cos he's in a different country though and it can be hard sometimes to deal with being on my own.

Starting a bit of serious research into moving to Canada this morning. Turns out oil refineries over there are crying out for laboratory assistants, yay for me!

My doggie Rusty has gotten fierce protective over me since my boyfriend went back to college, doggie lessons to begin soon then I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

The Lovely Muffin and Jane_LS thanks for the good luck wishes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    ...should be apologising for being in love.
    I'm not in love, so you should be sorry that you're in love when I'm not. :mad:
    ;)

Ah no, why did people mention that Futurama episode- I'm still traumatised after Jurassic Bark. Seriously. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

All caught up :D

Had a hilariously fun time in Manchester with the lads. So much laughing. Didn't get to shop much cause it was me and 5 boys but I definitely want to go back and shop sometime!

The boy was saying that if a girl has glasses it's an extra point and if she plays guitar that's an extra point too. I have glasses and I can play the harp, he agreed that was extra points for me. :D He then told me I'm 10/10. Naw!! :p
    Got a bit cheeky and asked if he didn't know me would he approach me in a bar/club. He said he'd be an idiot if he didn't. He can be quite the sweetheart sometimes :p

It's cloudy now :( The sun and blue sky have gone :(

Hope it doesn't rain as I need to go into town later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Superquinn hot chicken roll +scrubs = =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Why did I just look up the jurassic bark ending on youtube? One should never voluntarily inflict tears on oneself on a Monday lunchtime. Sniffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Think theres a bird stuck in my chimney... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The weirdest thing has just happened. I had a good breakfast at 11am, branflakes with banana, went to visit a friend and by 2pm I was so hungry my hands were shaking, had to come home and get food straight away, my hands are still shaking now, wtf? This is the second time this has happened when I've gone to her house, I must be allergic to her place or something :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh woo, I managed to get that Soap & Glory "Scrub Your Nose In It" scrub thingie while I was in Dubland, so I'm really pleased with that. It's the little things.
    pampootie wrote: »
    Why did I just look up the jurassic bark ending on youtube? One should never voluntarily inflict tears on oneself on a Monday lunchtime. Sniffle.
    just thinking about it is getting to me :(

hits me right in the heart. every time.

It's raining :( Should have gone to town this morning, now I will get soaked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It's raining :( Should have gone to town this morning, now I will get soaked :(

Weird, just as I read your post, the sun went in and it became cloudy.

Pathetic fallacy, I think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh woo, I managed to get that Soap & Glory "Scrub Your Nose In It" scrub thingie while I was in Dubland, so I'm really pleased with that. It's the little things.

Let me know what you think of it! How are you finding the other one? I swear to God, there's people in Dublin living in apartments that are smaller than my pores... :mad:

• Advertisement

EmilyO wrote: »
    Weird, just as I read your post, the sun went in and it became cloudy.

Pathetic fallacy, I think so!
    It's dry here now, blue sky is visible, but there are a few clouds.

Irish weather is crazy.

Eating some icing left over from my birthday cake, om nom nom nom nom!

Reminds me of the night of my birthday, my boyfriend eleven year old sister had some icing from the cake and had eaten a little bit of cake, she very cutely looks at me and says "can we have ice cream as well as cake?" with a little grin on her face, all I could go was giggle and say yes lol.

She's adorable :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT JURASSIC BARK!

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Eating some icing left over from my birthday cake, om nom nom nom nom!

Leftover icing? Sounds gross!....Does it taste ok?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Let me know what you think of it! How are you finding the other one? I swear to God, there's people in Dublin living in apartments that are smaller than my pores... :mad:

I shall do ;)

the other one, no clogs allowed seems really good! I've only used it twice so far, but it feels like heaven when you use it, really awesome, and my skin feels great afterwards. so far so good

Acoshla wrote: »
    Leftover icing? Sounds gross!....Does it taste ok?! :)
    It's the icing that was around the edge of the cake board and some icing that I took off slices of cake when I ate them lol.

It tastes perfect.

I had a little cake left over from the party so brought it to London with me, my dad ate it yesterday and said it tasted perfect, even the butter cream was perfect.

I told him to try a small bit first and see how it was, course he wouldn't listen, if he's sick now he can only blame himself lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Working til midnight tonight, boo for late shifts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ladies, Benedict Cumberbatch is *not* attractive. He is the creepy paedo from Atonement, and the creepy paedo from Atonement he shall remain, for all the rest of his live-long days.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Ladies, Benedict Cumberbatch is *not* attractive. He is the creepy paedo from Atonement, and the creepy paedo from Atonement he shall remain, for all the rest of his live-long days.

That is all.

I was wondering why I never had the urge to watch atonement. It was clearly the little baby Jesus trying to save me from seeing the love of my life going around in creepy paedo mode & then spending years worried that 'creepy paedo' is actually my type

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I love my new house !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

That is all.

I'm so torn over the 'batch. I know he's not good looking, but his brain in Sherlock is so attractive! But then again, it's not his brain... :o (And I've never seen Atonement)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement