Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Those solder suckers are only OK...the proper vacuum pumps are far superior.

penis-pump.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    penis-pump.jpg

That looks straight out of an Ann Summers catalogue... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Because it is I reckon, I know a cock pump when I see one!

Because it is I reckon, I know a cock pump when I see one!

That a Burton Patented® Fluffing tool, perfect for a quick pep talk with your skinhead wearing a poloneck before you attend one of your gigs? ;):D

I have a feeling this scene will be playing out shortly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

penis-pump.jpg

power_fap.jpg

I have a feeling this scene will be playing out shortly :D

Fixed. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

STG.Otaku wrote: »

That's because it is.
    It's amazing what pops up when you search for "Vacuum Pump" (and penis)

That's because it is.
    It's amazing what pops up when you search for "Vacuum Pump" (and penis)

I wouldn't know it was in the Ann Summers catalog on page 37, 4th item down. I was merely speculating... :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Well after a good 5hours of play on my new bobble bobble board with custom roms.
    This happens, Blue aghhhhhhhhggggg :(
    16c1i1l.jpg
    So I traced the blue back as far as these rams on the b board.
    Original boards have palette rams so why not bootlegs
    33fb79g.jpg

Get out
    10gebzo.jpg

Cleanup
    2igdh8k.jpg

vys5mq.jpg
    241t3pk.jpg
    Socketed new 6116k instead, does it matter? Who knows?

Ha'pea days
    sxoshs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great job :)

Need dedicated Bubble Bobble cab!

Those who know....
    It looks like my Vectrex has a faulty sound chip, and it also does the I/O work for the controller buttons.
    Just realised that it has neither sound nor button response, previously I only noticed that the buttons weren't working.
    Richard H, the genius behind Vecflash, Vecmulti and Flashboy chimed in on another forum that it looked like the AY-3-8912 was faulty.
    Kerb will fit the replacement but sources of the chip are manifold and here are a few,
    Richard H sent link to this one
    link to cheap one!
    vectrex-board.jpg
    And there's the schematic.

So, what should I be going for?
    Kerb opened her up yesterday and, after a time, it seemed to work, with sound and everything.
    This morning, no sound or button responses once again.

Advice and best priced chip replacement links will be gladly received!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Very common chip that, well back in the day anyways :) Used in load of computers.

This guy is selling them for €10 each, or you could hack up a Spectrum +2.

Edit: if its working intermittently you might have a bad solder joint or cracked cable in there. Did it only start working after it had heated up a bit ?

Very common chip that, well back in the day anyways :) Used in load of computers.

This guy is selling them for €10 each, or you could hack up a Spectrum +2.

Edit: if its working intermittently you might have a bad solder joint or cracked cable in there. Did it only start working after it had heated up a bit ?

Apparently so, at least that's what Kerb tells me.
    Perhaps I'll ask him to have a look at the solder and cables, see if there's an issue there.
    I mightn't play my Veccy as much as I should, but I do miss it when I know I can't play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Apparently so, at least that's what Kerb tells me.
    Perhaps I'll ask him to have a look at the solder and cables, see if there's an issue there.
    I mightn't play my Veccy as much as I should, but I do miss it when I know I can't play it!

Right, this week we will crack it open to check the board. You really need to get some overlays for it, wonder if folks make them repro style?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There are repro ones but they're not meant to be very good unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I got repro overlays, they are sh1te!
    Really not worth the money at all. But maybe someone out there has come up with better ones since I got my ones a couple years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I don't know where else to ask about this here on boards.

I picked up a 3DS XL there for a card that i cant say here on boards as i will be banned

And i have a problem with it on the top screen there is dirt under the screen what is the best way to fix it as its not a lcd problem from what i can see it is dirt stuck to the plastic

I picked up a 3DS XL there for a card that i cant say here on boards as i will be banned

And i have a problem with it on the top screen there is dirt under the screen what is the best way to fix it as its not a lcd problem from what i can see it is dirt stuck to the plastic

Can we drop the flash cart references please.
    It's not relevant to this forum.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

have you considered........open it and cleaning it?
    I might be way off there but it just might work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

urbanledge wrote: »
    have you considered........open it and cleaning it?
    I might be way off there but it just might work

Have opened it and when i seen the amount of wires and things i have to take apart from online guides i have to take out just to do it i am quite afraid that i will end up missing it up as i have replaced iPhone screens and they where piss compare to this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Try the hoover, if dirt got in there it should come out the same way!
    I'd imagine the dirt is between the backlight and the LCD itself, its a PITA to get take apart LCDs without damaging them probably best buy a new screen if the hoover don't work.

If I was to procure a Point Blank arcade machine can I upgrade the game board at all? As in point blank 2 or another gun game?

As far as I know you can, but dont quote me on it.

Thinking of that cab mitch has?

As far as I know you can, but dont quote me on it.

Thinking of that cab mitch has?

Thinking about a cab on adverts. Don't think it's Mitch(unless he changed his username there).

thats a lovely cab,
    back when i first started with arcade stuff i nearly shipped one in from the UK for silly money.
    back before I knew better!(i still dont)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I doubt it, maybe a game from within the same family of PCB's but a game from a different manufacturer would probably have a different gun interface ?

Download the manuals for a few different games and see what the gun interface is like on them.

Id say point blank 2 would be alright to go in there though?

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Thinking about a cab on adverts. Don't think it's Mitch(unless he changed his username there).

He must of changed his name to Cormac :P

Advertisement