Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Photo Thread.

• 28-07-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,209 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rules:

Please add details of the photo, like location, subject and context.

Do not quote photos or large amounts of text. You can quote the link to a photo by changing [noparse]X to X[/noparse].

If posting a link to you own site or photo set, you must display at least one photo, e.g via hot-linking.

If using someone else's photo, please give a hyperlink. Feel free to upload your own photos.

Try to keep the maximum edge length to 800 pixels. If substantially larger, use a hyperlink (e.g. www.boards.ie/pic ) and or a thumbnail.

Do not engage in unsafe behaviour or trespass. Do not post photos obtained in such a way or that might encourage such behaviour.

Do not post photos that compromise security.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,572 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Got to thinking that once this forum gets going properly that people will naturally want to post pics of trips they've taken,whether they be Heritage or otherwise. In Aviation and Aircraft there's a 'Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery' thread that's stickied which is a repository for pictures,saves loads of individual threads which invariably slide down the pages and become hard to find.

Might be a good idea for Train & Rail systems. It's up to Chris & Victor obviously but just thought i'd throw it out there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,209 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Work away for the moment.

Think I'll get the ball rolling. :)

One of my favourite personal shots, taken in March 2007. 076 on a cement train in Mallow:

01032007(002).jpg

And a rare one for you lot! The interior of the presidential coach - Mk2d 5408.

Dsc00840.jpg

Last years Diesel Do' Railtour. Organised by the RPSI,it was the debut outing of the recently preserved 141 class Loco's which were repainted into their original liveries and numbered B141 & B142. Tour ran from Connolly to Longford on a chilly February day.

P1010437.JPG

P1010449.JPG

Rest of the album is here:Diesel Do'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

A recent pic of 071 Class - 080 hauling empty Taras through Howth Junction.

picture.php?albumid=1408&pictureid=10224

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Took this last November on the first day of the snow. It must have been doing a test run of the line.
    HStbT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

heres some pphotos from a few years back

better

Last year i decided to take a spin out to Moate station on the Mullingar-Athlone line. Having a peculiar fascination for disused stations and lines i'd been meaning to photograph this station for a long time. There's something both eerie and enthralling about standing on a platform of a station that hasn't seen a train depart in many years.

P1020172.JPG

P1020182.JPG

Rest of the pics:Moate

Does anybody know any schedules for the weed spraying train or even just general cargo trains on the Dublin to Waterford line? I know of 2 cargo trains but they're either too early or too late for me to get a picture of them.

6XimV.jpg7E5M1.jpg

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Does anybody know any schedules for the weed spraying train or even just general cargo trains on the Dublin to Waterford line? I know of 2 cargo trains but they're either too early or too late for me to get a picture of them.

Great pics! :D The IRN website (http://www.irishrailwaynews.com/) has a lot of info on it, and times of freight trains on the various 'loco watch' threads, although methinks we will catch up fast. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

Just had these close to hand, anyone guess the location of the photo below?
    It's not the WRC.
    AsbestosFactory_20110409_010_CC_JA.jpg

And the Enterprise near Clontarf.
    209Enterprise_CC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The ' Alan George ' in the Teifi Valley in Wales :
    DSC03828.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Cliff Railway in Aberyswyth in Wales :
    DSC036841.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭highlydebased

cocoshovel wrote: »

The weedspray campaign for this year is over

A pic from me... 22017 at Ardrahan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39896705@N05/5922376806/in/photostream

5922376806_3a9a298df3_z.jpg

great to see a WRC picture. We have seen too few of them

081 Light Engine today passing 'up' through Howth Junction circa 14.00 hrs :D

picture.php?albumid=1408&pictureid=10240

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Drimnagh Road

The weedspray campaign for this year is over

A pic from me... 22017 at Ardrahan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39896705@N05/5922376806/in/photostream

5922376806_3a9a298df3_z.jpg

Full and standing I assume? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Full and standing I assume? ;)

No, no - that's a relief to the regular. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭dowlingm

cocoshovel - where was the top image taken? Kilkenny maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Eiretrains wrote: »
    Just had these close to hand, anyone guess the location of the photo below?
    It's not the WRC.
    ]

Ballylinan branch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

Ballylinan branch ;)

Correct!:D

dowlingm wrote: »
    cocoshovel - where was the top image taken? Kilkenny maybe?

Yep, pretty much all of my photo's are taken in Kilkenny city/county and Waterford city.

Last years RPSI South Wexford Railtour. I went up the day before to catch the positioning movement from Whitehead to Connolly at Carrickfergus. Good day out with GM 8113 doing the honours. The following days tour ran from Connolly to Rosslare Strand,quick runaround of the loco and on to Waterford via the now closed south wexford line calling at all stations enroute. Then it was a fast run home including a spin through the Lavistown Curve and a brief stop at Athy and Hazelhatch for pathing reasons. 081 done the honours.

P1020015.JPG

P1020126.JPG

Rest of the album here:South Wexford

Nice shots. I still haven't been on the RPSI Mk2s yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Opened in Oct 1901, its just over a 1100 meters long to the top of the mountain
    xopj47.jpg
    15f61si.jpg
    2e3al2f.jpg

Heuston Station, Lego style! :D

Saw this in Dun Laoghaire today at the MRSI show.

229736_1924837322421_1286778423_31668247_1472045_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i took lots of photos of the disused station in lismore back in march. ill upload them later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

This stopped at Greystones to meet the incoming DART and pass it last Tuesday (2-8-11) at 11.10 or so. Anyone care to enlighten me as to what it was?

2011_08_02_111753_1.jpg

• Advertisement

They're IE's Auto Ballasters for Ballasting the Permanent Way.

Advertisement