Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I'll send you my list so ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm heading over your way in a few weeks Rubes, heading toward Betws-y-Coed to do a bit of photography in Snowdonia. So who is this Betsy the Co-ed and what is she like? Will I wile* away the hours seducing her with goatish charm?

Do you know the area? I intend just to head into the hills and trust to luck to find scenes worthy of photographic study - and local pubs worthy of alcoholic investigation.

* I just checked to see if this should be "while" or "wile" and apparently "While away the hours" is grammaritically correct as "wile" is defined as meaning (1) trickery, cunning; (2) a disarming or seductive manner; (3) or a trick intended to deceive - hence much more suitable to me ends. :cool:

In good weather it is beautiful OG. In bad weather it is "stay in the car you damn fool" time. Should be a fair few good photo opportunities for you and there are one or two refreshment establishments to look for. Not a lot of need to look for hills to head into either as you will be in them. It is in Snowdonia so you can't move for hills. LOL

I have taken my dad up that way a few times and he loves it. I am pretty fond of it myself but I don't go as often as I would like. You will no doubt see a few sheep. Not sure on the goats though, they have them more on the Great Orme near Llandudno. Rare four horned types too. If you have time go and have a look at them I think there is a tour bus for that. I believer there are also some four horned sheep around too. (What is it with Wales and four horns?)

You should be able to use your wiles to while away a few hours. Have fun and don't leave them pining for you. :)

I miss having my memory.

Mobile phones are a curse. I have a cracking phone but I have lost the instruction book, the charger and all the leads. While I was in hospital a friend bought me a replacement phone. I took out all the leads to charge it this morning and I can't find the bloody phone!

Sadly it is a different type of phone to the first one so the bits and pieces don't match.

I curse my aging brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just a little reminder that I'll (probably - depending on connectivity) be away in the Land of Rubecula next week.
    I'm putting everyone on the Honour System with regards to my Super Sekret Stash of drinkies. I have the contents of each bottle measured and I have the ability to check the specific gravity of the contents so no watering it down you little scamps.

On a slightly less serious note, if there is any influx of disturbing posts warranting Reporting then please Report it as usual and the CMods will take a look at it.

If Nurse looks for me tell her I'm at the chiropodist.

/packs smoking jacket and a bottle of Aqua Velva.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Have a great time OG. It is a pity you missed the glorious weather we have been having, but with a bit of luck you will get a nice bit of dry sunny stuff. (I am not holding my breath on that though) If you do get up into the mountains look out for our aeroplanes whizzing around, they do a lot of low level stuff in the valleys and of course the rescue helicopters are forever going up that way to rescue the desperate and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Rubecula funny you should mention the planes. That is one of my most abiding memories of travelling through Wales. Even had the pleasure of a rescue helicopter doing a training excercise over our ferry as we came into Holyhead.

Heading back over again in September by ferry so hopefully it will be clear skies then for everyone's enjoyment.

Have a great time OG and try not to get lost in the mountains. If you have room in your suitcase coming back, will you pack that Rube into it and bring him back with you?

Hope you have a great time too Layinghen, no idea what the weather will be like that far ahead. (Sometimes hard to know what it is going to be like in ten minutes time.

Aha Chucken you are trying to persuade OldGoat to kidnap me. BUT what could he use as bait? I wouldn't be soup by any chance? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Things like ould wans like me do.

Son: What are you waving at?
    Me: Magpies.

I don't even realise I'm doing it.

Getting excited at good, dry weather.
    I can get on the sheets washed, dried and back on the bed in one day. ..... Utter bliss

For any crisis
    We'll make a cup of tea

• Advertisement

Rubecula wrote: »
    Hope you have a great time too Layinghen, no idea what the weather will be like that far ahead. (Sometimes hard to know what it is going to be like in ten minutes time.

Aha Chucken you are trying to persuade OldGoat to kidnap me. BUT what could he use as bait? I wouldn't be soup by any chance? LOL

Just the thoughts of being nearer to my soup would have you crawling into that case voluntarily :cool:

Chucken wrote: »
    Just the thoughts of being nearer to my soup would have you crawling into a hole voluntarily :cool:

Fixed it for you Chuck :P

Aineoil wrote: »
    Things like ould wans like me do.

Son: What are you waving at?
    Me: Magpies.

I don't even realise I'm doing it.

Getting excited at good, dry weather.
    I can get on the sheets washed, dried and back on the bed in one day. ..... Utter bliss

For any crisis
    We'll make a cup of tea

Good to see you Aineoil and what a great idea. Tea. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

How dee do Aineoil. Ah! tea, nectar of the gods! Milk and two sugars please.

Hey gang, one of our O & O's was missing in action in AH this evening. Thankfully she got out by the skin of her teeth and returned back safely. I saw her through my binoculars 'cos as you all know, I rarely venture there and when I do it is usually by stealth and under cover of darkness. I have only found Neanderthals in those hills. She almost gave the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf. OG don't we have a medal for courage in the face of the enemy?

Um....I was only there for research purposes :o

Young whippersnapper giving out about oulwans...I think I gave him whatfor :mad:

My heroine! :)

Nurse has told you before Jellybaby it is not heroine it is aspirin.

No Rube, you are confusing heroine with 'Pal o'mine' lotion! (boom boom!) :D

Possibly Kay O'Lean and Mo Feen. (Oh gawd what an awful pun .... And no I am not sorry LOL :D )

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    No Rube, you are confusing heroine with 'Pal o'mine' lotion! (boom boom!) :D
    Possibly Kay O'Lean and Mo Feen. (Oh gawd what an awful pun .... And no I am not sorry LOL :D )

Have you pair been sniffing the germaline?

• Advertisement

*licks lips*

Not exactly sniffing No

:eek:

Y'have to keep your eye on Rube, he'd eat anything! :eek: Old enough to know better y'are. Kiddiwinks have a habit of putting all sorts of muck in their mouths, I myself was a coal addict. I used to lick lumps of coal I found in the coal scuttle. Pity mother didn't have a camera at the time! :D I must have been a picture! Sand was another favourite!

My sister was a coal addict too. If ever she went missing, she was found in the garden shed sitting in the coal and happily eating it. Apparently I was the opposite, I hated putting anything in my mouth. Amazing how I am now making up for lost time LOL :D

Please, please stop me from leaving here and wandering through other forums. I've just popped my nose into 'Irish Politics' and BOO HOO! I ran away crying!

*ties Jellybaby down*

Hmm do you like having yer feet tickled?

Now where did I put that feather duster Chucken left behind?

*ties Jellybaby down*

Hmm do you like having yer feet tickled?

Now where did I put that feather duster Chucken left behind?

Giggles and runs away! Tee hee hee!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Jellybaby stay here we are the wealthiest forum in boards -

Silver in our hair
    Gold in our teeth
    Stones in our kidneys
    And
    Lead in our feet

;):D:D

I like that :)

• Advertisement

Grandpa_Angry.gif

Get some posting done ye oulwans, us oulfellas need the excitement. The effects of Alice's moon dance are wearing off, and the linement nursey rubs on is not as effective anymore. (Smells like Chucken's slug soup and oddly comes in the same bowl) Come to think of it Nursey looks very like Ramette today. I do have my suspicions on her sometimes, far far too matronly.

Besides OG needs some calming influence in his life before he examines the (lack of) contents of his drinks cabinet. (Nice bit of lock picking Jellybaby)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement