Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG : Blood & Chrome

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Here's the episode info from wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Chrome

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome was scheduled for release on November 9, 2012, as an online series consisting of ten 12-minute acts.
    On 9 November 2012 the Machinima network released the first two episodes of Blood and Chrome on its Youtube channel. Since then it has released two additional episodes each Friday.
    Universal Cable Productions stated that Blood & Chrome would be broadcast as a movie on SyFy following the online release.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

TheUsual wrote: »

Yeah, kind of a runaway success with the viewing figures they are getting on YouTube.
    DVD with extra bits is out after Christmas as far as I know.
    Maybe the Scy-Fi channel are going to change their minds about a series ?
    Well the thing about YouTube of course is those are presumably global figures, not the limited outdated Nielsen numbers that most shows live and die on.

I'd be fine with it staying Web based on a full / mini series basis.. Let's be honest, it's where we all get them anyway these days ;-) but maybe it might wake the networks up to the potential audiences out there that if they played it right, with targeted but not too intrusive advertising, could make them more money than ever

Plus it would be nicely ironic that a sci-fi show was the one to bring them into the 21st century ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Finale.

So soon. That went too fast. MORE !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This has to make it to the small screen as a series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pretty sure the voice of that hybrid was the voice of Tricia Helfer ?

Anyone confirm ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It definitely sounded like her, and a quick google showsthis where she hints at having a cameo.

Really enjoyed this. I think it was held back a lot by the 20 minutes a week format, it'll work much better watching it all in one go as a DVD release. I really hope they go to a full series.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, it was Tricia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Someone told me that SyFy aren't picking it up. The drop in viewership between the first and subsequent episodes was substantial. I never really had much hope for it anyway, Caprica did the damage. Then there was uncertainty over whether Blood and Chrome would be aired followed by the decision to cut it up into segments. It didn't bode well.
    Hope my friend is wrong, I'll wait for an official announcement.

Edit, was just corrected, they decided not to make it a series months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I really enjoyed the whole thing. I thought then last scene in the finale was done very well, it was a real BSG moment.

Hopefully this will go somewhere I'd like to see more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

kowloon wrote: »
    Someone told me that SyFy aren't picking it up. The drop in viewership between the first and subsequent episodes was substantial. I never really had much hope for it anyway, Caprica did the damage. Then there was uncertainty over whether Blood and Chrome would be aired followed by the decision to cut it up into segments. It didn't bode well.
    Hope my friend is wrong, I'll wait for an official announcement.

Edit, was just corrected, they decided not to make it a series months ago.
    If you go by all of the rumours they have changed their minds a ton of times. At various stages it was going to be not made at all, stopped half way through production, a web only series, a straight to DVD feature, a pilot for a full time series, never released at all etc etc.

Now that it has been shown and they have had a chance to measure interest, and probably after the DVD and blu-ray sales figures are in, they will probably make their actual decision on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

If they think it will make them enough moeny they will do it regardless of what they said already.

Personally I don't think the viewing figures are high enough :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is on tomorrow at 9pm on Syfy if anyone's interested. First time on TV apparently.

Advertisement