Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Depends on the blondness:p But I wasn't aware of the person standing behind me at the bus stop:pac:

Ah well that's far better than monotonous and boring:)

I remember when they were giving out medals and telling us there were an extra 2 bronze then thinking; well, I've such a good chance now:rolleyes:

I was the blondest person there, probably in all ways. :P I'm probably touching on monotonous and boring myself, and that suits me fine, haha.

Yes...people are never aware of me standing behind them until it's too late ;D
    Everyone who won medals seemed to be sitting in this one cluster at the left side, don't know if you noticed that. There were like 3 empty rows in the middle at the end. I call conspiracy :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Alri buddies! I'm doin a show at 8 tonight onlne if you wanna listen in :) Will be Indie at the start and then getting into electric stuff. Would love to have people listening in, giving their comments, requesting stuff etc :)

Anyways, link is here :D

Is that a radio show? I might listen in if I think of it, I like indie stuff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

That's a C1 ;)
    Right you are sir, fixed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Alri buddies! I'm doin a show at 8 tonight onlne if you wanna listen in :) Will be Indie at the start and then getting into electric stuff. Would love to have people listening in, giving their comments, requesting stuff etc :)

Anyways, link is here :D
    Cool, are you just starting now?
    I can imagine it being tough to grab any sort of an audience!
    finality wrote: »
    I was the blondest person there, probably in all ways. :P I'm probably touching on monotonous and boring myself, and that suits me fine, haha.

Yes...people are never aware of me standing behind them until it's too late ;D
    Everyone who won medals seemed to be sitting in this one cluster at the left side, don't know if you noticed that. There were like 3 empty rows in the middle at the end. I call conspiracy :L

Then I know which person you were:pac:

Yeah I recognised a few of them, most of them are Maths Olympiad competitors. I did that last year and just had to leave when I started doing lectures with them, they were so intensely hard working and mathematical I just wouldn't cut it:eek:

So yeah it was SuperMathletes vs us:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Togepi wrote: »
    Is that a radio show? I might listen in if I think of it, I like indie stuff. :D

There'll be plenty of that! Some you'll have heard, some you won't :D
    Cool, are you just starting now?
    I can imagine it being tough to grab any sort of an audience!

Will be starting at 20:00 :) Would love if you wanted a request or anything. Can hit us up on the Facebook page as well :pac:

• Advertisement

There'll be plenty of that! Some you'll have heard, some you won't :D

Just checked the link there, I'm liking the mention of RHCP, Foos and Bloc Party. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Will be starting at 20:00 :) Would love if you wanted a request or anything. Can hit us up on the Facebook page as well :pac:
    Tidying the room so will be listening :D

Thanks people! First hour will be mainly Indie stuff and then it'll me more electronic the second hour :) Feel free to shout requests on the page or whatever :D

Thanks people! First hour will be mainly Indie stuff and then it'll me more electronic the second hour :) Feel free to shout requests on the page or whatever :D

Arctic Monkeys and Blur, so far so good! :)

Good show so far, lot of stuff I haven't heard before.
    Looking forward to seeing what you have for the electronic then.
    Can really hear the Caark off ya:pac:

• Advertisement

Arctic Monkeys and Blur, so far so good! :)

Aim to please ;)
    Good show so far, lot of stuff I haven't heard before.
    Looking forward to seeing what you have for the electronic then.
    Can really hear the Caark off ya:pac:

Haha! Ari baaaah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Is anyone around to tell me if a sentence makes sense? I've read it over and over but I'm still not sure :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Namlub wrote: »
    Is anyone around to tell me if a sentence makes sense? I've read it over and over but I'm still not sure :/
    Shoot! :)

It's actually two sentences, oops...
    'Upon being asked if he had ever kissed Walter Grainger, a young acquaintance, Wilde replied “Oh, dear no! He was a peculiarly plain boy.” Carson pressed Wilde on this response, leaving him visibly unnerved – it would appear that Wilde had indicted himself by his own facetiousness.'

Namlub wrote: »
    It's actually two sentences, oops...
    'Upon being asked if he had ever kissed Walter Grainger, a young acquaintance, Wilde replied “Oh, dear no! He was a peculiarly plain boy.” Carson pressed Wilde on this response, leaving him visibly unnerved – it would appear that Wilde had indicted himself by his own facetiousness.'
    Sounds very good to me! A1 in English here you come! :P

Thanks, it's history though :p
    Stressing over this essay is making me hate Oscar Wilde a little bit, sad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Wilde in history? Must be your research topic, yes? :P

Tis, in the space of a week I've gone from having nothing done to being practically finished. It's amazing how productive I can be when I'm under pressure >_<

Oh, :P.. Sounds good though.

Hoping i'll receive most of my Mocks tomorrow.. It's been nearly 5 weeks now DEB, you better give them back or you'll have me to talk to *scary eyes*

Oh, :P.. Sounds good though.

Hoping i'll receive most of my Mocks tomorrow.. It's been nearly 5 weeks now DEB, you better give them back or you'll have me to talk to *scary eyes*

I'll be happy as long as I get one more (mock number two) back tomorrow! Although two or three would be great too. :D

• Advertisement

Eathrin yer request is coming up now! Didn't realise the chat doesn't update automatically. Sorry for the delay :o

I'll be happy as long as I get one more (mock number two) back tomorrow! Although two or three would be great too. :D
    I just hope I get a good mock back tomorrow, if my first back is like a D3 in Irish i'll probably start bawling.. :P. Would love to get English / Geography /Business / Economics back tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

hey lads, since I'm still not bothered about mocks and how i fared for some queer reason, I decided to check how long we have until the big old LC... do yous wanna hear??

its
    13 weeks from this wednesday
    provided I can count!! But yeah... I'll start studying in 6 weeks :P
    lets focus on Orals and practicals first :pac:

AnnaKin wrote: »
    hey lads, since I'm still not bothered about mocks and how i fared for some queer reason, I decided to check how long we have until the big old LC... do yous wanna hear??

its
    I know.. This idiot in my year comes in everyday counting down the days, it's like.. die please?

AnnaKin wrote: »

its

I really really really don't want to do the orals right now but really really really just want to get them out of the way. Then it's all focused on the written.

Eathrin yer request is coming up now! Didn't realise the chat doesn't update automatically. Sorry for the delay :o

That's probably why mine didn't come up, I kept getting error so there'll either be one now or about five. :o

I sent one at like 8 though, dunno if it ever sent!

And you've got a good taste in music. Heard a good lot of stuff I didn't know and then some from bands I love too. :D

I just hope I get a good mock back tomorrow, if my first back is like a D3 in Irish i'll probably start bawling.. :P. Would love to get English / Geography /Business / Economics back tomorrow!

Ha my first was a D2. :P I was expecting it though so I was happy enough with it! Would love it of that was my lowest but I've a feeling it won't be the only D I get, so I'll just have to wait and see! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I really really really don't want to do the orals right now but really really really just want to get them out of the way. Then it's all focused on the written.

This.

I'm in the frame of mind that there's no point in studying anything for the written until after the orals :rolleyes:

That's probably why mine didn't come up, I kept getting error so there'll either be one now or about five. :o

I sent one at like 8 though, dunno if it ever sent!

Don't seem to have it, PM if you like :)

This.

I'm in the frame of mind that there's no point in studying anything for the written until after the orals :rolleyes:
    I'm dreading the Orals.. I want a B1 in French, and am not that naturally good at it so my Oral is going to have to bring me up, however my Music Practicals are on the same week and need to get an A2 in Music :/ can't get below about 90-95% in my Practical or my chances of achieving an A1/A2 in it are basically gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Don't seem to have it, PM if you like :)

Is your radio show still on? I've been gone all evening :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement