Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

I hope Jon Snow is resurrected by Melissandre/white walker and kills olly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

karma_ wrote: »
    After what he did to Shireen, there was no redemption for Stannis.

I don't think so either. Stannis was a fool and got exactly what he deserved, tbh (if he is in fact dead!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Ah man. There are no heroes left....I need a hero! :p

I wonder how much Ser Davos will find out and what he'll do next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Was that really Cerci naked walking through the streets just read a review of the episode and it said it was just her head using CGI on a body double
    I thought it was Kiera Knightley when the nuns cut her hair and gave her an operation transformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

With Stannis gone that means the war is over for now. This would a perfect time for Daenerys to invade but no, she is not done faffing about in the East. So many stale storylines now so few interesting characters left. Hope the writers improve for next season.

Too true. There are too many new storylines. It really annoyed me when Cersei seems to now be with some new tribe. Like, will she just get on that boat and go home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

T5gYGkX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I didn't feel any satisfaction when Cersei was walking through the streets. It's obvious she's just going to continue in her ways even more destructively than before. She got called a few names and has sore feet. Big deal, it's not like the people liked her anyway. Myrcella dying was sad but honestly I just cannot feel sorry for Cersei. Even if she died now in the most horrific manner imaginable it wouldn't bring any satisfaction.

And now we have a recycled storyline of Tyrion ruling a city and Daenerys likely to go on an even more boring side plot.

The only interesting thing about the show was the North and that's gone to ****.

The writers are really at risk of actually eliminating the interesting narratives in the show by killing so many characters.

It was a really bad season. So much filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Yeah I didn't think that episode, considering it was the last episode, was that great. Found Cersi's scene too long but more then that just the repetition of shame and the bell ringing was getting on my nerves. The dragon scene was weird and kind of funny. So she's been caught by the Dothraki, things will not go well for her. Poor Jon I was really hoping for a reunion scene between him and Sansa. Hope Melissandre gets what's coming to her and doesn't get pretend she had no part to play in Shireen's or the battle's slaughter. I was so angry at (some) of the night's watch for what they did not Jon because their stubborn, idiots and for what yer wan did to Myrcella. Why hurt does Ellaria wish to hurt her nephew as well? Why not just kill Jamie? What bitter, horrible people, jeez. I have a feeling Sansa won't last too long either. Overall it was a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dead:

Ned Stark, Ned Stark's wife, Rob Stark, Rob Stark's wife & child, Oberyn Martell, The Hound, Shireen, Jon Snow.

Alive:

Cersei Lannister, The Mountain, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton, Ramsey Bolton, Melisandre, Ser Allister.

Fuck this shit. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

My two favourite characters are dead now in Tywin and Stannis. Hope the White Walkers come out on top now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well that was rubbish. A total nothing finale to a nothing series.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

The season has been objectively bad. Genuinely gripping scenes like the exchanges between Arya and Tywin have been replaced by complete and absolute filler, and drama for the sake of drama.

When Robb was stabbed in the heart, I thought it was amazing television - "the Lannisters send their regards".

When Jon was killed I just sat there going "oh, well this is predictable and kind of boring".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

That scene with Arya and the Meryn Trant. Oh, that was graphic. I was looking away for most of that.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I'm so bloody annoyed.

That was such a lackluster season, it does not feel like an organic continuation of Season 4. The story telling was juddery, Dorne was an un-mitigated disaster and we didnt get to see Clagane 2.0 go ape****e.

Makes me laugh that I was the eejit to predict that JS was safe as houses over the water cooler in work, he may come back but this show has proven consistent in dead people staying dead.

For me, Theon snapping out of it was too little too late in terms of a surprise.

I wonder is the show just a victim of it's own making, the sheer number of storylines to cover in 10 episodes is pretty epic and this season proves it does not work too well. As loyal GoT watchers, we've been shat on, we've patiently watched and waited, watched and waited and what happens??? Ayra goes blind and JS is stabbed to death.

OK, being honest I'm angry as I really really like JS (no homo) and I'm genuinely emotional that he's probably gone so the above is tainted with anger.

To be really bloody honest, no show has ever invoked such emotions in me so whether they are good or bad I have huge respect for the shows ability to do that to...once my anger clears I'll be able to to start the countdown to April 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brevity

I hope the white walkers destroy them all. ****ing ****s!

My two favourite characters are dead now in Tywin and Stannis.

Did you see Stannis die?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

As loyal GoT watchers, we've been shat on

That's nonsense. The way some people are reacting, you'd swear there's been a Dexter-esque drop in quality when there hasn't.

Dorne was unquestionably poor (Topped off in the finale with the line "You want the bad girl but need the bad pussy") but the rest has been very good, in my opinion. To the levels of previous seasons, probably not but as I've said, losing fantastic characters such as Tywin, The Hound and Oberyn was going to be difficult.

Tyrion and Varys politicking, Cersei wanting revenge for her humiliation and murdered daughter, the fate of Sansa and Theon (if they survived that fall) Jon's possible resurrection (please!). I can't wait for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Did you see Stannis die?

Nothing for him to live for now anyway. Why do you think Melisandre deserted him before the battle? She knew how it was going to end for him.

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's nonsense. The way some people are reacting, you'd swear there's been a Dexter-esque drop in quality when there hasn't.

Dorne was unquestionably poor (Topped off in the finale with the line "You want the bad girl but need the bad pussy") but the rest has been very good, in my opinion. To the levels of previous seasons, probably not but as I've said, losing fantastic characters such as Tywin, The Hound and Oberyn was going to be difficult.

Tyrion and Varys politicking, Cersei wanting revenge for her humiliation and murdered daughter, the fate of Sansa and Theon (if they survived that fall) Jon's possible resurrection (please!). I can't wait for next season.

Read all of me post will ya.

I'm angry and emotional, yes but overall I will stick to my guns that it has been a poor season when compared to the preceding 4.

I myself am very much looking forward to the next season but I'm allowed to be pi$$ed off, especially as I was waiting to see Clagane 2.0 on the rampage and it never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

I was just waiting for Jon Snows eyes to turn blue at the end

That would have been great food for thought over the next year

Hope that the thoughts of some people about Jon been resurrected doesn't happen

• Advertisement

Dead:

Ned Stark, Ned Stark's wife, Rob Stark, Rob Stark's wife & child, Oberyn Martell, The Hound, Shireen, Jon Snow.

Alive:

Cersei Lannister, The Mountain, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton, Ramsey Bolton, Melisandre, Ser Allister.

Fuck this shit. :mad:

I think it's really risky business to kill off really compelling characters like Jon, Tywin, Oberyn, Ned, etc. for the sake of what just feels like shock value sometimes. Most of these are really great, nuanced characters that made the show interesting in the first place. Nobody watches for the likes of the Mountain, frankly.

As a friend said to me, if they kill all the best characters, then people are just going to end up watching just to see how it ends, not because they're truly invested in it, which is a pretty shallow way to watch a show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

PressRun wrote: »
    I think he will be brought back. I don't think there's any other reason for Melisandre to be at the wall, and I think her shock was her realization that she was behind the wrong man all along. She knew that Jon was the person she should have been backing.
    Her magic makes no sense. She could use Stannis' bloodline to make magic due to some power in the king's blood. But Jon Snow will do just as well? What gear does she even have to perform such a resurrection? If it happens it'd be incredibly bad writing, real deus ex machine stuff.
    Not that, the way this season has gone, such bad writing would be a surprise really next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I myself am very much looking forward to the next season but I'm allowed to be pi$$ed off, especially as I was waiting to see Clagane 2.0 on the rampage and it never came.

Well you need to wait for The Hound 2.0 to be brought back first for the fight of the century.

Agree that this was a poor season in comparison to the others, I was never excited for episodes as they came out, some Mondays I'd nearly forget about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

At first when Daenerys was wandering around I was convinced it was the same area where the Hound was left and I got all excited that he would show up alive.

I truly hope Jon Snow is resurrected. What a waste of a character otherwise.

I'd love to know how it would have turned out if Arya had just said, "Look, I have a list of people who need to die. Once I get them out of the way I'll happily become nobody." But as has been said above, if she's no longer Arya Stark then she's not interesting anymore and there'd be no reason to have her in the show.

Has everyone forgotten that Margaery and Loras are in prison too? No one seems to be worried about them. They haven't featured since Cersei was imprisoned. I suppose they could even be out already for all we know.

... I'd nearly forget about them.

Woah, dont be talking crazy there!

Nothing for him to live for now anyway. Why do you think Melisandre deserted him before the battle? She knew how it was going to end for him.
    I don't get how she didn't know this until about 10 minutes before Stannis' army got smashed. Her fire god is a bit feckin' random for anybody to be following if you ask me.
    They must have multilevel underground stables too at Winterfell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Hope that the thoughts of some people about Jon been resurrected doesn't happen

The whole Dondarrion/Thoros plot will have been a bit pointless if someone doesnt get brought back.

Tough Ill be happier if Thoros found & brought back Stannis &he ended up conquering the North after all without Melisandre . I dont think she can resurrect anyone anyways, so Jon is pretty ****ed.

K4t wrote: »
    Got is at its best when it gives us scenes like the battle last night, creating an incredibly tense atmosphere such that there wasn't even any need to show the actual battle
    Actually TBH I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of the battles!

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Her magic makes no sense. She could use Stannis' bloodline to make magic due to some power in the king's blood. But Jon Snow will do just as well? What gear does she even have to perform such a resurrection? If it happens it'd be incredibly bad writing, real deus ex machine stuff.
    Not that, the way this season has gone, such bad writing would be a surprise really next year...

The theory is that Jon has king's blood too, that he's part Targaryean.

We saw in an earlier season that priests of the Lord of Light have performed resurrections. Admittedly, Melisandre was shocked by it and didn't seem to understand how it was possible, but if she's truly an agent for the Lord of Light, she may figure out how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I don't get how she didn't know this until about 10 minutes before Stannis' army got smashed. Her fire god is a bit feckin' random for anybody to be following if you ask me.
    They must have multilevel underground stables too at Winterfell!

maybe she did know? maybe she seen stannis's ultimate fate, death at the hands of brienne or losing a/the battle for winterfell. could be that is why she left knowing jon snow ( and who jon really is) needs help.

how did jorah, tyrion and darrio manage to get out of the pits?

Advertisement