Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

DoubleB wrote: »
    Thanks so much for ur quick response. Has eased slightly but still feel horrible. I need to try eat something I think. Yuck!

Hey doubleb

Have you got sick at all? I havent yet and i wish i did to make it more real...

Have you found anything that stops the nausea?

I always said i would wait the 3 months and told OH he was being childish... Im a terrible person!

Just had a warm bath and feel great... Im going for lunch with mam... Have a craving for mash potatoes and theres a place in town that i love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Peppermint tea,i swear by it! they have it anywhere from aldi to lidl, but its brilliant. Or also ginger is good,ginger tea or crystallized ginger you get them in the health food shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I take back what I said about grapes - they're off the list. It wasn't pretty :( I must try ginger things actually and see how that goes. Good suggestion! A woman I used to work with had terrible mroning sickness (she used to go for a sleep in her car at lunchtime which is where I got the idea to start doing that). She wore those sea sickness accupressure band things and swore by them. I'm wondering if that's worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not eating too much, and eating often seems to keep me from being sick.
    So I have a packet of water biscuits in my bag. Half one of those if I start to feel iffy and I'm fine again. I cannot eat proper meals, and it was the same last pregnancy. 1/3 of it, and I'm done. Any more and I'm throwing it up 20 mins later.

Small snacks all the way. Odd how it fits my toddlers schedule! She has small brekkie on waking at 8, then porridge at 9:30, snack at 11, small lunch at 1. Snack at 3. Small Dinner at 5:30 and pre-bed supper at 7. If I eat when she eats, I'm grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Thanks for all the advice gals. Hope yee had an ok day. Came very close to vomiting a few imes today but fought the urge some how. OK I hav something I wanna share but just so yee know I really don't know ANYTHING about the safety of doing this while early on so maybe check it out if ur unsure. I've been doing this ten min yoga workout. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNS5tPF4V4 see link here! Basically I've noticed a pattern...the days I've started my morning by doing this I've been great and the days I haven't I've been really unwell. I dunno if it will be of benefit to you guys but I found it nice and relaxing. I've never done yoga before so I really know very little about it but I did hear that the squatss included in this are very good for preparing for the birth!!! Again please check if you are ok to do these exercises early on as I'm not an expert!!! I have a bad back and have found it has helped me. Hope its of use. There are others I've tried too but this is a nice one to start off with I feel. xxxxxxx

• Advertisement

Just wanna reiterate that I dunno about exercising if ur early on in pregnancy as we all are, so please check this before u try this routine. Personally I find it so nice and I feel great after plus the thought of going to a class in the cold dark evenings doesn't appeal to me. If any of u know any more re wether to exercise or not please share ur thoughts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babyonboard

Hi everyone!
    How are ye all feeling now? Thank god its the weekend!
    I still feel like crap most days. I thought the nausea was easing last week but low and behold it was back with a vengeance a day or two later. oh well...it was nice while it lasted! I've been suffering with all day nausea since around week 6. Im 10+3 weeks now. Praying it'll all be gone by week 12. Here's hoping anyway!
    I was off yesterday so i said i better make an effort and try do some cleaning around the house. I hoovered, polished and washed floors etc. Oh my god girls i could not believe how much it took out of me to do it. When i sat down yesterday evening i was absolutely exhausted. My lower back was even sore and the nausea was almost unbearable. Is it just me or is everyone else finding it hard to do jobs they'd have done without thinking about before? I knew once id start getting big that it'd be hard to do the cleaning but i never expected to be so bad this early on.
    I've older sisters and they both have kids. I never remember them being so miserable so early in pregnancy. Or maybe i was just oblivious to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi everyone

Delighted to join you here. Found out 2 weeks ago and I'm just 7+1. still haven't booked docs appointment - need to get round to that. Booked private scan in mount Carmel for Dec 1 & have first hospital apt on Dec 17th. I want to get private scan though as I'm away on a hen the night of the 1st and I'll have to tell the girl who's getting married as there's no way I'll get away with another excuse for not drinking!! But I'll be 11 weeks by then. Also a strong history of twins in the family so can't wait to find out!!

This is my third pregnancy. I've a 3 1/2 year old and a 7 month old (yes, you read that right!!) bring it on!!

I'm well other than the fact I would sleep forever....

The exhaustion is unreal but I suppose its bound to be given I'm so busy with being a working mum with small kids - thankfully I've an amazing hubby and network. Told our parents and my sisters. Won't be telling anyone else until after Dec 1st. I know everyone will be completely shocked...
    As am I!!

Just wanna reiterate that I dunno about exercising if ur early on in pregnancy as we all are, so please check this before u try this routine. Personally I find it so nice and I feel great after plus the thought of going to a class in the cold dark evenings doesn't appeal to me. If any of u know any more re wether to exercise or not please share ur thoughts!!!

It says in my book i have to excersize, i did a mile lap with the dogs yesterday i felt so much better after doing it. I would be very interested in doing that video double b, i think most gps says to be active, but not where ur pushing yourself. Gentle excersize, i was also considering joining the pool?what are the thoughts on that??

sunshiner wrote: »

It says in my book i have to excersize, i did a mile lap with the dogs yesterday i felt so much better after doing it. I would be very interested in doing that video double b, i think most gps says to be active, but not where ur pushing yourself. Gentle excersize, i was also considering joining the pool?what are the thoughts on that??

I swim twice a week and im going to keep doing it.... I managed to go once this week and i was wrecked!!! I missed the jacuzzi after it but itl be worth it :)

I was great yesterday just my back was very sore and same this morning. No nausea in the last 2 days should i be worried??? Or enjoy it before it comes back ???

Hows everyone else. Keeping??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Morning all!! Hope everyone is well. Quick question for those of u who have been getting sick. Would I feel better if I actually got sick. Feel AWFUL today and have fought the urge to vomit twice. Do yee feel bit of relief after getting sick? I've a bit of a fear of puking! So sorry for TMI but I just feel desperate. Hope u are all ok today. Xxx

Sorry to hear bout the nausea DoubleB. I find I do feel a little better after getting sick but then the nausea does come round again a little while later.

The eating little and often seems to be helping me but I think my nausea just improved for a few days. It felt so nice :-) but it's back with a vengeance today. But I think I'm getting used to it, if that's possible! Hope you feel better soon x

I swim twice a week and im going to keep doing it.... I managed to go once this week and i was wrecked!!! I missed the jacuzzi after it but itl be worth it :)

I was great yesterday just my back was very sore and same this morning. No nausea in the last 2 days should i be worried??? Or enjoy it before it comes back ???

Hows everyone else. Keeping??

Enjoy the good days julias_jewel :-) after 3 weeks of hell I felt great all this past week, then started to worry why I wasn't sick...but the nausea is back today. So I say on the good days enjoy!! :-)

Also very tired after doing housework, shopping etc. Hoping that'll improve in a few weeks.

Hope everyone is doing ok x
    Week 9 for me on Monday. My OH says I'm getting bigger (in a nice way). Am terrified I'll be huge.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    What's worked for me is grapes and salt and vinegar crisps! Crackers just made me feel worse :(Hope you feel better soon.

Crackers made me feel worse too! I just associate them with nausea now :(
    Hope you're feeling a little better.

So miserable today - I'm just fed up of feeling crap. I was having a right moan to my husband earlier that this was supposed to be an exciting, happy time for us but I just feel so ill all the time. I can't so anything but keep as still as possible so I don't feel worse. I can only hope that it does go by week 12 and I start to feel better, cos so far - this sucks :( I've terrible cramps at the moment as well as nausea so that's been a little bit worrying. Sorry for being so down, I just needed a moan!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I made myself get out of bed to go for a haircut which made me feel better but apart from that I'm lying in bed. My cat has been really attentive which is making me smile - I think he knows that something is up with me and he'll soon (hopefully) have some competition!

Aw murdywurdy - i soooo know how you feel. Im so fed up of feeling miserable too :( its very hard not to let it get to you. I know what you mean about lying there tryin not to move just cause you know it'll get worse if you move an inch.
    My husband is really annoying me at the moment. He's huffing and puffing when i ask him to do things which is really getting on my nerves. I would just LOVE If i could make him feel the way i do, even just for a little bit...just so he might understand a bit better how i feel. I find at the moment everything he does annoys me. I don't know if its my hormones all over the place or what. I've been feeling so ill with pretty much constant nausea for the last month. He turned around lately and said to me....well at least you're not actually getting sick. I could have swung for him! he keeps goin on about what an awful time his sister had while she was pregnant. She had constant nausea but was getting sick with it. He keeps belittleing the way im feeling, its very frustrating. sorry about the major moan. Im genuinely not normally like this i swear :(

Aw murdywurdy, that's so crap. Just take it easy and here's hoping it passes soon.

babyonboard: I just think they don't really understand. The nausea is just awful. I never knew it could be so awful. My OH can annoy me by breathing at the mo :p god love him, he just keeps his mouth shut when I'm having a moan. I'm sure it'll pass and we'll all get back to our 'normal' selves soon :)

Mind yourselves girls x

Aw thanks bluesky :)
    Ya i suppose he just doesn't understand what im feeling. I just wish he could show me the same empathy and support that he showed his sister when she was pregnant. Here's hoping he'll start to be more understanding soon. At least ill be able to talk to my mam and sisters about it all soon. Only 11 more days and ill be 12 weeks. Yipee!!

Thanks for the support ladies - having another miserable day. Lying in bed watching crap on TV. At this stage it's unlikely I'll be at work tomorrow. Going to ring my GP and get a cert for a few days just so I have that. I'm trying to remember that work is not the most important thing I've got going on and I need to take care of me for a while!

Babyonboard, that must suck. If my hubby said someone else had it worse and played down how crap I was feeling I'd eat the face off him! My hubby is being so good but he's said himself that he just doesn't understand what it's like and he's nothing to compare it too so it's hard for him to sympathise. You're probably extra emotional at the moment (I know I am) which I'd say doesn't help. I guess they just can't understand how miserable and horrible it is. It seems so ridiculous to me that something so natural and necessary for the continuation of the species makes you feel so crap!

Surprise surprise was not a good idea tonight.... Tearfest!!

Still not feeling sick today.... Have a terrible backache to make up for it though ;(

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

hey ladies, im soooo tired,come 4.30pm today i could have slept anywhere. Ill be 8 weeks tomorrow ;)gonna have to go bra shopping already! :eek:
    anyone else feeling forgetful, i think i have baby brain already lol
    Babyonboard As for the husbands/partners i think i would be having a very cross conversation with my other half if he compared me to someone else. Maybe some reverse psychology is needed!

• Advertisement

Got the dates for my scan in the post Friday, and they are in late december! I will be over 16 weeks at first hospital appointment? That's not right is it? :( I tried calling them to query the appopintment date and change the address. ( it went to the wrong address, my old one from last pregnancy, even though the GP letter had new address). No answer all day long in the CUMH. Just kept ringing out.

And i started spotting yesterday, with more today. Freaking out, this didn't happen the last time.

If I am still seeing spotting tomorrow I will call the early preg unit and go in maybe.. Trying not to worry, but can't get every thing that can possibly go wrong out of my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jollygood

Hi all, joining you! Due 22 june and it's my first. I have no symptoms at all though apart from the occasional stomach twinge. Is this normal? I don't know what to expect.

Congrats Jollygood and welcome to the gang! I think everyone has slightly different symptoms. Enjoy the calm before the storm :-)

I am feeling totally miserable today. Nausea and vomiting all day the past two days. Haven't really left the couch. Sneezing non-stop (I have a dust allergy which is well managed with meds but can't take anything til at least 12 weeks), everytime I wake in the night I start sneezing and blowing my nose. Feel like I've had a cold now for 8 weeks. Plus very tearful today. It's just not what I expected. I'd usually chat to a good friend of mine but she is avoiding me since I told her about the pregnancy as she miscarried last year and it's been really hard for her.

What didn't help was my OH saying my symptoms aren't normal for pregnancy!!!:confused: What makes him an expert? He's never had a child before. Ugh! Dreading work tomorrow.

I had to get new bras this week sunshiner. Got some without underwire in Debenhams which are a bit more comfortable.

Good idea MurdyWurdy. No point stressing yourself at work if you're not able for it.

Hope the backache improves Julias jewel. Does anything ease it?

Hope the spotting stops pwurple. Good idea to get checked out if it continues tomorrow. Am sure its hard not to worry.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day for us all;)

just a hot water bottle at the minute bluesky... OH is a physical therapist so when he has a few minutes to spare hes working on me... Cant wait until people know and i can go for a proper massage !!!

Definitely get a few days off work murdywurdy and just relax :)

Congratulations jollygood ;);)

I came into work today :( Hubby thought it would look better if I didn't call in sick on a Monday morning. I'm going to leave early though and get a medical cert from the doc and probably take tomorrow and wednesday off. It's got to the stage now where I can't keep down water. I'm thirsty but I don't want to drink anything to have it come straight back up. I'm was crying in the car on the way to work this morning. I just don't know what to do? I know the answer is there is nothing that you can do. Urgh :(

I've been wearing maternity bras for the last two weeks and it makes a big difference, doesn't it? Keeps them from being sore during the day which really helps.

Welcome Jollygood - Congratulations! I also had no symptoms at first which worried me but then it kicked in so enjoy it being easy while you can! My best friend's sister is pregnant and she had no early pregnancy symptoms and here's me puking like a demon. Weird how the world works!

awh murdywurdy i really hope u feel better soon, did u try peppermint or ginger tea?you should defo take the time off to recover for a few days.

Hi jollygood,the stomach twinges are normal well thats what my book says, i do get them too, they say lying down eases them. I have the book what to expect when your expecting and its very good. Lots of great information in it.

Hope everyone else is having a good day :D

Hi All, how is everyone now? I'm so sorry to hear some of you are having a rough time still. I had an ok day today. Few short bouts of nausea but nothing too bad. I'm really tired thou. Just lying on the sofa. I'm not sure if its the pregnancy or the fact that I haven't been doing much exercise but my tummy is massive. Its really obviously a preggo belly. Even my hubby can't get over it. I'm loving it but just hate that I feel I need to hide it for another month!

Also on a different topic altogether have you guys been thining about names or is it just me and my hubby?? The last few days I've been really thinking about names. Also have u any 'feelings' about the sex of the baby?? I do!!!

We have names picked out, we can only agree one each for a boy or girl so I think we need back-up options! I feel like I'm having a girl but no idea why - think maybe it's because my husband would love a daughter so much! Is anyone finding out the sex of the baby in the scan?

Miracle of all miracles, I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm at home today to try and recover a bit. I told my boss I was still unwell and he asked me if I had anything to tell him! I laughed and said I did but not yet and he said ok, we had an understanding, that he wouldn't eat around me and if I got bad to talk to him and we'd arrange something to make sure my job was covered. He was really nice and that helped so much. So basically, he knew immediately but was happy for me to actually tell him when I was ready

On the way home I had a craving for starburst, so stopped and got some and then I was actually able to eat dinner alst night! I've been drinking ginger ale (I don't drink tea or coffee, including herbal tea so seemed like a good alternative) and I bought those acupressure bands for my wrists (I normally hate all that alternative medicine crap) but something is working because while I'm still nauseated I can eat - had toast and all for brekkie this morning. Feeling a lot more positive about everything :D

How is everyone else doing today?

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We have names picked out, we can only agree one each for a boy or girl so I think we need back-up options! I feel like I'm having a girl but no idea why - think maybe it's because my husband would love a daughter so much! Is anyone finding out the sex of the baby in the scan?

Miracle of all miracles, I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm at home today to try and recover a bit. I told my boss I was still unwell and he asked me if I had anything to tell him! I laughed and said I did but not yet and he said ok, we had an understanding, that he wouldn't eat around me and if I got bad to talk to him and we'd arrange something to make sure my job was covered. He was really nice and that helped so much. So basically, he knew immediately but was happy for me to actually tell him when I was ready

On the way home I had a craving for starburst, so stopped and got some and then I was actually able to eat dinner alst night! I've been drinking ginger ale (I don't drink tea or coffee, including herbal tea so seemed like a good alternative) and I bought those acupressure bands for my wrists (I normally hate all that alternative medicine crap) but something is working because while I'm still nauseated I can eat - had toast and all for brekkie this morning. Feeling a lot more positive about everything :D

How is everyone else doing today?

Thats great your boss is understanding!

I drank ginger ale last Thursday and ive been fine since then as in regards nausea and dizzyness... Nothing at all... I know keep asking is this normal but is it?? :)

Back is still very sore and boobs are just a little tender. Yesterday i felt like i was getting my period. Just a bit of discomfort in my stomach and it felt like it was stretching!

I was asleep by 12 last night and woke after 10 nd i still feel wrecked!

Hope everyone has a good day xx

• Advertisement

Got a scan this morning, I knew something was wrong, and it is not good news for us. No heartbeat visible, or development past 8 weeks. These things happen I suppose, but still very upsetting. Have to go back for more scans next week to confirm.

Advertisement