Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] 2 single rooms near UCD for September 2012

• 20-03-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I'm appealing to any final year students in shared accommodation or other students leaving shared accommodation close to UCD. I am looking to secure 2 single rooms in a house/apartment close to UCD for the academic year starting September 2012 which people would recommend.

I will be starting a masters and my sister would be starting first year veterinary medicine. Both are hardworking but very easy going.

Rent should be reasonable and there should be basic facilities. Not paying rent for the summer months would be a plus!

I can appreciate there won't be too many vacancies for student accommodation out there at the minute (can't seem to find much on daft.ie or rent.ie) being in the middle of the term, but if anyone knows of a suitable place that is due to open up and that they would recommend I would love to hear from them.

Any information much appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Conor
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

Hi,

I am doing a Masters at Smurfitt Sept 2012-2013, would be interested in talking to ya about living off campus? Do you know what your looking for? PM for details and such if ya interested.

Christina

• Registered Users Posts: 27 millser19

If anyone has a place in mind, please feel free to PM me as I would love to sort this out early summer if possible. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amosamus

I have Three bedroom apartment near UCD. which has unbelievable views, overlooking a fruit orchard also, The apartment has a lovely mature garden out front also, bedrooms are very large,Fully equipped kitchen, Refrigerator, Microwave, Gas Range,Dishwasher,Garbage Disposal,Hood Over Range,and internet WiFi,flat screen TV and cable network, Granite Counter,washing machine,Large living rooms with appliances including in- suite washer and dryer,electric heating . lots of maintenance work completed on the property including fully resealed and protected roof, not part of a complex so no communal fees/pool etc, walking distance to the center. The apartment is available for rent at 300 Euros per month per room with security deposit at 600Euros.Get back to me if you are interested via e-mail danielaesser23@yahoo.com
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cmccarthy0470

Hi Amosamus,

Do you have a link or pictures for the apt? What town is the apartment located in? And who are the other roomates? Thanks a bunch!

Christina

Thanks for the message i will like to have your e-mail address or get back to me so that i can sedn you the picture and location of the apartment.

• Advertisement

here is my e=mail address danafairbotham@yahoo.com

Thank you for the reply Amosamus, emails sent to Daniela.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rosmo

millser19 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm appealing to any final year students in shared accommodation or other students leaving shared accommodation close to UCD. I am looking to secure 2 single rooms in a house/apartment close to UCD for the academic year starting September 2012 which people would recommend.

I will be starting a masters and my sister would be starting first year veterinary medicine. Both are hardworking but very easy going.

Rent should be reasonable and there should be basic facilities. Not paying rent for the summer months would be a plus!

I can appreciate there won't be too many vacancies for student accommodation out there at the minute (can't seem to find much on daft.ie or rent.ie) being in the middle of the term, but if anyone knows of a suitable place that is due to open up and that they would recommend I would love to hear from them.

Any information much appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Conor
    :)
    I have a suggestion!
    I too will be going to ucd in September for 4 years so i am currently looking at accommodation in the area.The campus would be ideal but too costly for me.I am trying to come up with a way to reduce the costs.

For any student living off campus I think it very important to live as close by as possible for obvious reasons.

One student on his/her own looking for private accommodation off campus is difficult and costly,but a group of students looking for accommodation are much more powerful.
    There is hundreds of vacant houses in the area with the recent economic downturn and tenants have a bigger say in the renting costs.

What I want to do is start with a group of at least 5 students and start building from there..the more students we can pull together the better deals we can get.
    basically I want to eventually set up our own student community so we can make our student life's as fun and as economical as possible..but obviously I need people who are interested in the same thing!!
    I don't know where is the best place to share this idea I thought this might be a good place to start!
    please let me know what you think!
    ros

Sounds good, would you know of somewhere to look? Im honestly spending about an hour a day on daft trying to come up with someplace reasonable but its just not happening.
    Plus I'm going to London to work in july and wont be back til September, meaning that if I dont get somewhere sorted fast, it will be a mad rush before term starts.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rosmo

Hey millser19,thanks for reply!

I know how you feel its not easy looking through daft for a room in a private house..there expensive and you don't know who your living with!

I want to get in touch with other students who don't plan on living on campus or might be alone in looking for private accommodation around the collage.
    A group of people is better than one person looking for a house..it means we can choose our own house and and get a much cheaper deal.

But here is the fun part!the more people involved the bigger the project becomes...one house becomes 2 houses,2 houses become a block and we have our own campus off campus!!
    That might be a little bit further down the line, a much smaller scale is more realistic to start off!!
    Eventually my main goal is this...for students who cannot afford the accommodation prices on campus or would just prefer to live off campus to know that there is a off campus alternative run for students by students that is a really fun place to live....

All that aside at the moment I am on my own looking for accommodation, your on your own, I am certain there are plenty more people in the same position,why not get together and find a place as a group..
    thanks and best of luck in london!
    Ros

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement