Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 4th-Disruption on the Sligo/Maynooth line

• 04-01-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭

From Irish Rail

All Maynooth-Dublin trains are severely delayed. This is due to a mechanical fault on 0545 Longford-Dublin service, near Broombridge.

Customers are advised to make alternative arrangements. Dublin Bus are accepting rail tickets.

Iarnród Éireann apologises for the inconvenience caused.

Not sure if this affects Intercity or just Commuter services.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Any update on this anyone?

Anyone know if they have started running again etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

No ! Just at clonsilla station they saying it could be hours.

There has also been a major crash on the n3 blanch flyover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

The Sligo train arrived in Mullingar at 11am 10 minutes late usual time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

For the record, the 5.45 Longford-Connoy failed at O'Reilly's level crossing, just west of Broombridge, blocking the line. Of course IR has no contigiency plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

I am so glad that I took today as a WFH day. Its bad enough getting up in the middle of the night to catch the early bird.. but the passengers this morning must have been furious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Took the wife around 3 hours to make the trip from Maynooth to City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Took the wife around 3 hours to make the trip from Maynooth to City Centre.
    Oh my god thats ridiculous, she must have been frozen!
    I don't think the 50% refund they are talking about is in anyway sufficient.

Advertisement