Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-05-2013, 11:52   #631
BTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTH View Post
2012 plan is another crack at the NS, and hopefully securing an AG place for the World Champs in 2013, hence the title. I’m aiming for at least a top 15 AG place this year which I hope will get me that place.
This quote is taken from my first post on this thread. I succeeded. I was 15th in the NS in 2012 which was enough to secure a place in the World Champs in London this September.

Unfortunately, this is where that journey, and this thread, ends. I haven't trained in 10days, tonsillitis has seen to that. Second bad dose in recent weeks, and I can't continue like this, they need to come out. Unfortunately I can't get an appointment to have them removed until July, which effectively ends my season before it even began. It frustrating, but I'm actually ok with it. I might get a race or two at the end of September, but no guarantee. Depends on how quickly I can recover from the surgery in July. I don't have a date for it yet but its likely to be late July.

Anyway, I just want to thank you all for your support and advice throughout this thread.
Advertisement
01-05-2013, 12:04   #632
Oryx
Soloist

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Hope youre back asap.
(2) thanks from:
01-05-2013, 13:23   #633
Dory Dory

Hmmm.....tonsillitis....wedding....you've got a lot of business about you. Take your little break....I suspect we'll see you sooner than you think.
Thanks from:
01-05-2013, 13:59   #634
pgibbo

Send a message via MSN to pgibbo
Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping you get the surgery early in July. I know the recovery time is pretty fast from it so hopefully you can squeeze in a few races.
Thanks from:
01-05-2013, 14:09   #635
RacoonQueen

Sorry to hear that Eugene. Keep some residual fitness up while you're waiting for surgery and recovering and you might be able to have a crack that marathon!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2013, 14:24   #636
jackyback

Keep the head up Eugene, sure with the wedding on etc you will have your hands full. Plenty of time for racing when you get back to it.
Thanks from:
01-05-2013, 15:54   #637
Clum

That totally sucks! You were on fire, especially towards the end of last season. Sorry to hear that.

Keep doing what you can though. Unfortuantely it's a big season to miss but it is only one season. You'll be back. Lots more championships to come.
Thanks from:
01-05-2013, 16:49   #638
BTH

Thanks everyone. I'll try to keep doing a little anyway and hope that when I do go for the surgery I can bounce back fairly quickly. I'll just have to have a big year next season instead

RQ, I won't be doing a/the marathon (I'll be there for the post race drink though!!), but some XC or a half marathon in Oct/Nov might be a possibility. XC would probably help my running a hell of a lot and the half is a distance I haven't come close to doing myself justice at. Reckon theres a sub 80 in the locker if I get a clean run at it and give it the necessary focus.
01-05-2013, 17:14   #639
Basster

Just echoing everyone else's comments, sorry to hear about that Eugene. I feel your pain, but only to to an extent as you have far loftier goals than I! Plenty of good things to come this year anyway and you'll be flying next year if you train over the winter like you did over the last one.
Advertisement
01-05-2013, 18:09   #640
littlemsfickle

I've got three years of medical school under my belt and have observed a couple of surgeries....I'll take a whack at it if you like? I'm free this weekend.
(3) thanks from:
01-05-2013, 20:55   #641
catweazle

First Ronanmac and now the other Ginger warrior is bowed by health issues. At least you wont be out for too long, put in a wedding report perhaps!
01-05-2013, 21:52   #642
NorthernRaider

Sorry to hear you're going to be out of action, BTH. Have kept an eye on your log and know it must be frustrating, particularly as you've trained so hard and were set for a strong season. However, given all the madness involved in getting married, there could be worse times to be laid low!
02-05-2013, 07:46   #643
El Director

Hey Eugene, sorry to hear about this. Obviously I know how frustrating it is and I have a similar post to make in my own log would you believe! It's mad how our journey seems to run parallel...but that's just it, it is a journey and this is not the end. It's just temporary reprieve and you will be back, good as ever. In the mean time-best of luck.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion