Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratings

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LukeMitchell

Dunno why RTE/TV3 don't make the ratings as public as they are in the UK

www.barb.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dunno why RTE/TV3 don't make the ratings as public as they are in the UK

www.barb.co.uk

Barb is a great website.

www.medialive.ie you have to sign up, it is free but they give you the weekly top 20s for 1, 2 and 3 while TG4 provide their ratings on their website.

The info is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Does anyone know if you can view 3e ratings/programme views online.

Does anyone know if you can view 3e ratings/programme views online.

No unfortunately they don't get published. They have a 1.7% share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 inde

Does anyone know what kind of ratings TG4's show Aifric achieved when it was broadcast?

• Advertisement

inde wrote: »
    Does anyone know what kind of ratings TG4's show Aifric achieved when it was broadcast?

It is hard to say with Aifric as it was a tweeny type TV airing before 7pm. They seem to repeat it enough so I would say that for the PONC time slot it does well for them. AFAIR it did quite well when it aired during 8:30 one summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think it's time for a new system of monitoring ratings. They're just too inaccurate for me.

It should be that all cable companies keep a ratings tally of what all users are actually watching, rather than picking select households to keep a journal.

OisinT wrote: »
    I think it's time for a new system of monitoring ratings. They're just too inaccurate for me.

It should be that all cable companies keep a ratings tally of what all users are actually watching, rather than picking select households to keep a journal.

It is called privacy people don't like being watched. They have introduced a new system which takes into account recorded live viewers :confused:

Also you have to remember that only 70% of people have Pay TV so they would never be counted.

1000 viewers in any statistic is enough for good results just because you might think it unbelievable that 400,000 people watch coronation street doesn't mean it doesn't happen. IMO people watch allot of crap. I know I do :o

Yeah, but there are ways that user data can be compiled anonymously.

Yeah, but there are ways that user data can be compiled anonymously.

Well its not done and you would be hard pressed to get it around Data Protection.

• Advertisement

:( It's just unfortunate because I hate the Neilson ratings system... it's totally flawed and inaccurate.

:( It's just unfortunate because I hate the Neilson ratings system... it's totally flawed and inaccurate.

But sure all statistics are flawed. Do you think the BARB system is any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Tg4 ratings being updated again
    http://tg4.ie/leir/luch.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Still can't believe that we still don't have a proper website/page that shows TV ratings daily, just like digitalspy have over in UK.

What's the secrecy of TV ratings, and why aren't they revealed to the public?

I don't think I've seen any ratings for 3e since it started/relaunched 2 years ago.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Still can't believe that we still don't have a proper website/page that shows TV ratings daily, just like digitalspy have over in UK.

What's the secrecy of TV ratings, and why aren't they revealed to the public?

I don't think I've seen any ratings for 3e since it started/relaunched 2 years ago.

There is nothing secretive about the ratings.

A new site but not much more info www.tamireland.ie weekly updates, when they do update them.

3e has being doing alright. Sport has been a significant addition to that service. It still ranges from 0.9 - 1.5% share meaning its tops shows get from 20,000 - 60,000. As it become more available it will pick up more audience how ever I would be surprised to see it have more than 2%.

www.medialive.ie

Daily ratings aren't a full picture both RTÉ and TV3 have released them on occasion when they have had high viewing figures. While TG4 still provide their weekly ratings. While the RTÉ guide give a top twenty for 1 + 2 and TVnow gives top 10s each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Thanks Elmo,

Yeah I've been using medialive for years. It's been a great site for ratings over the last 10 years. And TV Now used to have the top 20, but recently have gone back to top 10.

But what comes with top 20 ratings is just soaps and reality TV etc most of the time. I'd love to see what ratings channels get in afternoon, morning and after midnight shows get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Elmo wrote: »
    There is nothing secretive about the ratings.

A new site but not much more info www.tamireland.ie weekly updates, when they do update them.

3e has being doing alright. Sport has been a significant addition to that service. It still ranges from 0.9 - 1.5% share meaning its tops shows get from 20,000 - 60,000. As it become more available it will pick up more audience how ever I would be surprised to see it have more than 2%.

www.medialive.ie

Daily ratings aren't a full picture both RTÉ and TV3 have released them on occasion when they have had high viewing figures. While TG4 still provide their weekly ratings. While the RTÉ guide give a top twenty for 1 + 2 and TVnow gives top 10s each week.

Couldn't find any ratings on tamireland.ie

Where can I find Late Late Show figures? Online that is.

Or could someone with access do up a comparison between now and this time last year?

Thanks.

www.medialive.ie

Under monthly ratings, you need to sign up.

The Late Late Show

Feb 2010 = 697,000
    Feb 2011 = 687,000
    Sept 2010 = 721,000
    Sept 2009 = 759,000 (Includes Tubrity's first show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Elmo wrote: »
    www.medialive.ie

Under monthly ratings, you need to sign up.

The Late Late Show

Feb 2010 = 697,000
    Feb 2011 = 687,000
    Sept 2010 = 721,000
    Sept 2009 = 759,000 (Includes Tubrity's first show)

Thanks Elmo.

His ratings haven't come down that much at all when you consider that September figures will always be higher becuase of the start of season enthusiasm.

Can't believe 1 in 6 people in the country still watch him. People are weird.

kraggy wrote: »
    Can't believe 1 in 6 people in the country still watch him. People are weird.

I am going to disappoint you even further. The ratings only represent those watching TV at anyone time and 1 in 6 would take into consideration the whole population including those not watching. Not only that but the rating provided by medialive are for adults only, not counting kids watching with parents etc. In reality he has nearly at 50% share of the viewing audience which means 3 in 6 are watching if they are watching the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Unsticking this while the TV Awards are on. I'll make it a sticky again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

heres the genre ratings for this season

http://blastr.com/2011/11/track-the-ratings-of-15-c.php

kinda hard to tell the colours what the high dark one/

Advertisement