Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Drumcondra Area to Blackrock

• 31-07-2010 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I'm moving up to Dublin and going to be living in Drumcondra and wondering what is the best way to commute to Blackrock?

I'm thinking of driving out the East Link Toll bridge but wondering if this route gets bad during rush hour and especially when schools and colleges start again?

Alternatively i could take the DART but i'm a walk away from Drumcondra Station.

If anybody could help me out that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would you consider living closer to work?

You could also use the 4 or 4a buses, although they come down through Phibsborough. Alternatively, any bus to O'Connell Birdge and the the 4/a, 5 (not great), 7/a, 8 or 45 (from Merrion Square only) to Blackrock.

There are some trains on the Maynooth line that operate semi-express to Blackrock.

Alternatively, the Samuel Beckett Bridge, but that means coming closer to town.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Blackrock

http://www.mkmap.com/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

I was working in blackrock at one stage.

Coming from clonsilla, i would take a maynooth line train to connolly or pearse and DART to blackrock.

Although as victor says, you might be lucky and get a maynooth line train
    that goes to/from bray they all stop in blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There is one direct train from Drumcondra to Blackrock in the morning, departing at 08:32 and arriving at 09:01.

There are three direct trains back in the evening from Blackrock at 15:58, 17:24 and 17:54.

Otherwise a change at Connolly is required.

As stated above the 4/a may not be too far from you coming down Ballymun Road, Mobhi Road, Botanic Road, Prospect Road and Phibsborough Road.

Advertisement