Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Hoodies

• 06-01-2012 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I've been put in charge of organising hoodies for my class.

Where is the best place to get them?

We're hoping to get 20 odd hoodies done up with the WIT crest, our name and possibly our class name on them.

We've contacted Azzurri and Malley sports (I think) and they were a little bit too expensive for us.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

GSR

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a crowd in the Six Cross Roads Business park that do them, Excel Promotions. 051 379606

Would be nice to use a local business if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

If you go into the SU office they will help with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you go into the SU office they will help with it.

Could be mistaken but afaik they don't use local suppliers. May have changed tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I have no idea myself, I just know my class rep went to them, do stay local and all that jazz though. :) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Hoodies? You won't get university status wearing bleedin' hoodies. Nice blue and white wooly scarves is what ye should be wearing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Thanks for the replies lads. I'll give that crowd in the Six Crossroads a shout Monday and see what they can do for me.

I'll shop local if they're competitive alright, although I'd call local within Ireland, and not just within Waterford to be honest.

P.s. Nolanger, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing blue and white ;)
    Tiobraid Àrann Abù :)

I'll let ye know how I get on/where I go for/prices. I'm sure other classes will be getting hoodies soon enough so might find the info useful.

G S R wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads. I'll give that crowd in the Six Crossroads a shout Monday and see what they can do for me.

I'll shop local if they're competitive alright, although I'd call local within Ireland, and not just within Waterford to be honest.

P.s. Nolanger, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing blue and white ;)
    Tiobraid Àrann Abù :)

I'll let ye know how I get on/where I go for/prices. I'm sure other classes will be getting hoodies soon enough so might find the info useful.

Tell the lads on Six Cross Roads that Kevin from Alpha Design sent you. Iv given them class hoodies in the past and umbrellas for a company in Waterford very recently. Need any help just send me a PM.

Quick update here. Got a quote of €25.50 per hoodie for what we want from Excel. That's for a plain hoodie with embroidered crest, quote on back, name of student and year.

I've seen students wearing two-tone hoodies from other colleges so I'm gonna see how much they are first. They look nicer than the plain. I seen a fb post from somewhere in Cork that are offering a free t-shirt for every class hoodie sold. I dealt with them before for custom t-shirts so I'll give them a shout later on in the week and let you know what the sceal/price is and where we finally decide to purchase. I'm not too sure if the crowd in Cork have the two-tone ones either yet.

G S R wrote: »
    Quick update here. Got a quote of €25.50 per hoodie for what we want from Excel. That's for a plain hoodie with embroidered crest, quote on back, name of student and year.

I've seen students wearing two-tone hoodies from other colleges so I'm gonna see how much they are first. They look nicer than the plain. I seen a fb post from somewhere in Cork that are offering a free t-shirt for every class hoodie sold. I dealt with them before for custom t-shirts so I'll give them a shout later on in the week and let you know what the sceal/price is and where we finally decide to purchase. I'm not too sure if the crowd in Cork have the two-tone ones either yet.

How did the quote compare with the others you got quotes from?

Sully wrote: »
    How did the quote compare with the others you got quotes from?
    Cheaper than both, Malley was over €30 when vat was included for the custom, €24 for the plain one (I think - but doesn't include quote on back) and Azzurri was more expensive for a custom one - about €39 inc vat.. However, Malley and Azzurri had different designs which were their own so not like comparing like with like I suppose. A plain Azzurri one was €22.50 + vat but only included a crest and year - no name. The Azzurri pricing wasn't exactly transparent. They quoted me prices and then advised they can give me a 10% discount on them. The should have just quoted me the lower prices altogether instead of trying to confuse things.

A crowd in Dublin were charging €24 ex vat so that would have been over €27 per hoodie for a plain one too.

If the crowd in Cork are the same or cheaper, I'll go with them if they're throwing in a free t-shirt. If we don't qualify for the t-shirt, I'll go with Excel I'd say as they're just up the road from the WIT. I'm busy enough the next couple of days so won't get to contact them but I'll update when I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Advertees in galway should be able to beat that, although I don't know how much postage would cost.
    091 770870

wet-paint wrote: »
    Advertees in galway should be able to beat that, although I don't know how much postage would cost.
    091 770870
    Just emailed Advertees in Galway and Get Customised down in Cork. I'll let ye know what they say.

wet-paint wrote: »
    091 770870
    Postage would be the same for them all. As far as I know companies can get courier rates for upto 20 or 30kg for €5 anywhere in Ireland with GLS.

http://www.tees.ie/ (Advertees) are €30 for what we want. (Cotton Ridge is the brand going to be used - plain hoodies but look nice).

http://www.getcustomised.com/ (Get Customised - as I said on the Waterford forum a few months back I got t-shirts off these a couple of years back and was happy with them) are €24 (two-tone hoodie) but are offering a free t-shirt at the moment. (Seen it here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Customised/201000413266788)

I'll ask the class about where they want to get them from, it'll be Excel Promotions in Waterford or Get Customised in Cork I'd imagine. The free t-shirt at the moment is swaying me towards Get Customised and I'd say it'll be the same for my classmates.

Hope this thread helps anyone else looking to get class hoodies.

Head back to the Excel and see if they can beat/match it. :D

Note to perspective businesses

Advertising on Boards is not permitted. Signing up to promote your business/product/services is against the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when signing up.

Two businesses have had their posts deleted for this already.

While I know times are tough, its tough for everyone so you will need to pay to advertise (sales@boards.ie). I'm sure there are many companies offering great deals on hoodies and we have mentioned a few already. But no signing up just to plug your business please.

Cheers!

Advertisement