Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's bias towards FF

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Harney got a wee bit of a rattling on The Week in Politics tonight though!

Yea on a Sunday night at about 11:00 pm when there are about 12 people watching. That show should be on instead of that prime time fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

RTE and most other main stream media outlets in Ireland are no more that propaganda machines for the government!

The government can do anything they like..even stuff in violation with the constitution...but the media are not interested.

No..the media is interested in the moaning of lifeline where Joe Duffy is always out for a public lynching of a company or a person...whatever floats Joe Duffy's boat.

A dictatorship is what Ireland actually is with its current hilarious political circus and the complete lack of any form of opposition.
    No wonder the national ombudsman has called Ireland a non-constitunional state. The government can do as they like and no citizen or organisation has any democratic rights to stand up to whatever decisions the government makes to cover up their faillures and to assure their continued reign. That's all the government is interested in at the moment.. Remain in power at all cost...all cost! And RTE is helping them do so.

Is that where Gilmore gets his ideas or cough.........policies???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

She is not FF. I'd suspeted the FF biased RTE gave her a hard time to imply it was the PD's economic policies that caused the mess we are in not FF's.

In fact I'd say its true. Sean O'Rourke called McCreevy a FF PD and the brains behind that government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Twice on the radio this week ,tubridy made snide remarks about fine gael.
    His interview with Enda Kenny earlier this year was really insulting. He basically listed a load of tabloid stories/headlines about Enda and asked him to comment on them. Enda was far too polite. I would have called him on his FF connections and the relationship between this and his line of questioning. He could have done this humourously, but effectively enough so that any objective viewer would be in no doubt as to his FF agenda.
    Mrmoe wrote: »
    I don't think this is a good example of bias. The reason the FG vote of confidence got more attention was because it was not a forgone conclusion.. The FG vote is realistically a run off for the next Taoiseach or Tanaiste and that is why it was more important to cover in more detail.

I disagree completely with this. At the rate that FG are messing things up for themselves (i.e. George Lee fiasco, leadership problems etc etc), it is certainly not a foregone conclusion that they will be the dominant party in the next government. Also, all it would take is one tweet from Buffoon Boyle to take the greens out of government. He completely dictated the whole Willie O'Dea "resignation", and I wouldnt back against something similar happening again..

The important issues last week were a) the two independent reports on the economy and b) The vote of confidence in the Government....... and both of these were considered by Joe Duffy to be less important than carrying out a text vote on the leadership of an opposition party..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ehhh, can you clarify your definition of the term rattling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement