Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marry a Filipina

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi

Can you offer some help and advice please.Maybe from a couple who have gone through this before.

I want to marry my Filipina Girlfriend.We will probably marry here in Ireland using a civil ceremony. how do we do it? How do we get a visa so we can be together. What are our options.

Here is our details

I am Irish . I am single,never married , no kids , employed full time.

My girlfriend is Filipina, single , no kids , employed as a teacher full time.

I have visited the Philippines - My g/f has visited here.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭skallywag

Am I right in thinking that your question is more along the lines of how can your new wife then have Irish citizenship?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/becoming_an_irish_citizen_through_marriage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jmac31

thank you for your reply. No i just want to know the steps involved in getting married first - applying for the a marriage visa and having my wife live here in Ireland and being legal.I just find the citizens information site a bit complicated - so to get some advice from someone who has already done this would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

I'd suggest either go into Citizens Information and have a chat, though to be honest this would not be their strong point. Alternatively visit or ring the Immigrants Council of Ireland for advice. This is located in Dublin near Graffton St, a quick Google will provide address and ph no.
    Take care, good luck.

Advertisement