Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ms.Tea

Hi Girls,

I have less than 7 months to go and I have a lot of the big things done but flowers, cake, cars, bridesmaids shoes, invitations etc still to be done. I am finding it overwhelming and a bit stressful keeping everyone else happy though - people love to give their opinions on an upcoming wedding. I am starting to get nervous too which I didn't think I would be. We are young enough getting married (mid 20s) and the reality is starting to hit me - in a good way though! It's lovely to hear all about your planning

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    stressful keeping everyone else happy though -

Oh I know that feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Ms.Tea wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

I have less than 7 months to go and I have a lot of the big things done but flowers, cake, cars, bridesmaids shoes, invitations etc still to be done. I am finding it overwhelming and a bit stressful keeping everyone else happy though - people love to give their opinion
    opinion opinions on an upcoming wedding. I am starting to get nervous too which I didn't think I would be. We are young enough getting married (mid 20s) and the reality is starting to hit me - in a good way though! It's lovely to hear all about your planning

Oh I'm the same! Wedding is booked For Feb, sorting out my 4 bridesmaids is a logistical nightmare. One is in Monaghan, one in Clare, I'm in Louth, the fourth is in America, and my bridal shop is in Kildare... I have my dress, but no shoes, and I need measurements for my bridesmaids which has been going OK except for the one in the states...

I'm not tearing my hair out... Yet...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Something similar with my bridesmaids too, I only have two but one is in Dublin and one is in New Zealand at the moment (but moving back to Ireland soon), and I need to bring them both to London in the new year for dress shopping!

Fun and games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Suddenly thankful for my three Dublin-based bridesmaids!! I have just over 8 months to go....i just had to count the months on my fingers I didnt think it was so soon! I've most of the big things sorted, but I had to make myself take a break from it all as I couldn't get my head to switch off! As soon as one thing was sorted I'd start thinking about the next thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Hey all,

Got engaged April 2014 and getting married Dec 2015 so about 19 months! We only just started planning-booking our venue and celebrant. We were going around the houses for awhile about the date but once that was decided things moved quickly!

Hope the plans are all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Bit of a fun question - what are people doing for their hen? I can't decide as it's in February and it will be a bit cold and stuff so I reckon activities are out. I was at one at the weekend which was BRILLIANT in Portumna, did loads and it was very good value. I don't think I can top it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

getting married in Feb too so going for a mid January hen. one night only as I'm sure everyone will still be pickled work drink from Christmas! Don't think activities are out at all! Once your wrapped up and rain proof anything goes!

I'm not bothering with one, just too awkward considering that between myself and my closest friends we live in 3 different countries and it's just too awkward to get everyone together another time apart from the wedding. Would rather keep that money for the wedding/honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its very hard to pick what to do for the hen. Think I would like something like renting a house for a group of girls and just chilling for one evening with a bit of crazy dancing and some lovely food and telling stories like how we met and what is the plans for the big day. Then maybe something fun the next day like a challenge maybe orienteering or something like a treasure hunt..

Where is that glamping place it was featured on Don't tell the bride that looked like great fun Teapot Lane!! Going to check that out now

There was a chap in Clon doing things like this where you rent the house and he will have it set up with cocktails for the ladies or kegs from the lads and you can go kayaking but he charged a fortune for it..

The best one I went to was a kayaking day but it kinda went down hill when we went to the nightclub just wasn't too much fun and everyone broke up....

Has anyone hear heard anything about JJS.com online for ordering bits?

Also I think I have given up on the whole politics of family members to invite, sent out save the dates to all abroad and going to judge it from there if they all say they are going to go then, we are just going to invite the very very close relatives from here and the rest to the afters or the next day..If they don't understand then im sure they will get over it at some stage

• Advertisement

Just checked Teapot lane and tis all the way in Leitrim but too far maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm off to Madrid the weekend in March - 4 months before the wedding. Just going to eat and drink and wander around. Inviting 11 but 3 aren't in Europe so won't be coming - and possibly another 2 won't make it which I'm quite happy about. I'm not a fan of big groups!

I really like the idea of renting a big house with my friends and doing a pyjama party one night and a night out the other. Not sure I'm an activities person....

A Onesie Party ohh that does sound fun.... No need to worry about what to wear!! love it

Just had my makeup trial! Have a wedding today so killing 2 birds with one stone, delighted with it now, we'll see how it lasts.

haha your moving fast, was it nice then can I ask where you went

Milly33 wrote: »
    haha your moving fast, was it nice then can I ask where you went

I actually really liked it. It's a friend of a friend, Siobhan Glynn. Up in Dublin but she will travel.

I'm so organised I'm actually worried I'll have everything done and be sick of some stuff by the time the wedding rolls around!

I am sure you wont.. put it out of sight until a couple of months beforehand so it all seems like a surprise again

2015 getting VERY close now ladies!! How are ye all getting on? Had my first wedding stress dream the other night, hope its not a sign of things to come!

Going to the HSE office in Limerick on Monday to register our intent to marry - sent in the copies of most of our documents and the postal notification form, just heading in with the originals and money this time. Bit of a pain in the arse because we're only flying into Dublin on Sunday night so need to rush down on Monday morning, but getting what is pretty much an emergency appointment there while we're home for the holidays saves us another trip later on.

Apart from that we have most things sorted, need a florist but we're keeping things very simple there. OH needs to finish sorting out the suits for the men too.

My bridesmaid dresses arrived in Dublin about a week and a half ago, and they look great on the girls :D

5 months from Tuesday :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm at about 4 and a half months to go now...where did the last year go?! Scary how quick its gone!

Trying to keep things simple as well but every time i think "most of its done", I remember loads more stuff that needs to be done. Trying to get hair/makeup trials sorted at the moment and have a friend designing my invites for me this week. Made the mistake of looking through the Weddings Online forums - people with ceremony booklets ready to rock since last March (for 2015 weddings)!! How are people that organised?? I had to just close the page as I could feel the stress levels rising!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Don't worry - there's still loads of time!

Just keep a list - I use the note function on my phone - and keep adding to it and deleting things that have been taken care of.

Things like ceremony booklets can be done in an evening if you both just sit down and get on with while watching a fun movie.

I'm kinda torn on the whole hair trial thing, I want to get one done while I'm home over the holidays, but my hair is at the "CUT ME RIGHT NOW" length and is absolutely getting on my nerves. Loved it at #8 blade length in September the last time I got it cut but I want it grown out a bit for the wedding...

I find a lot of wedding forums elsewhere are full of absolute loopers, maybe it's the gimmicky crash diets that half of them seem to be going for or the type A over-preparedness or the family drama...

MyOUR wedding is today 4 months!! I'm fairly sorted though, ordered my wedding shoes from shoesofprey.com the other day so dying to get them but it won't be until January. I've gone for the same colour as the bm dress so not typical bridal shoes.

I think most things are sorted, nowhere near having readings and that malarkey done. Why would you have that done more than 6 months in advance?!?! Every so often I think I should be doing more but then I look at the list of things to do and it's grand. I do keep thinking of things though and having my trusty notebook near me helps to jot these things down :)

I find a lot of wedding forums elsewhere are full of absolute loopers, maybe it's the gimmicky crash diets that half of them seem to be going for or the type A over-preparedness or the family drama...

Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this! I know that most of the jobs are small enough at this stage and can be done handy enough (and I appreciate the encouragement nosietoes!) - just when I read posts of people going "My wedding is a year away and I've handmade 3 miles of bunting and calligraphied all the place names twice in case we lose a set" my brain goes into panic mode!

Tough one re the hair trial - could you get your hair cut roughtly to the "grown out" length you want for your wedding, get the trial, and then get it cut again to the shorter length? I know its two haircuts though...just a thought!

My shoes of prey shoes have been dispatched, wohoo! Can't wait to see them, I'll report back once they've landed.

This may only be my second time posting in this thread, I think I've been too afraid to write down my list of what I had to do in case I got overwhelmed..

Just over 5 weeks away.. Everything organised. Except one bridesmaid lives in the states and she hasn't booked her flights yet. And no bouquets either. They're being made for me by a lady on etsy but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I need to post a pic of my veil. It is the most beautiful thing ever. I'm wearing an alfred angelo gown which has a little pink in it so the veil compliments it.

This may only be my second time posting in this thread, I think I've been too afraid to write down my list of what I had to do in case I got overwhelmed..

Just over 5 weeks away.. Everything organised. Except one bridesmaid lives in the states and she hasn't booked her flights yet. And no bouquets either. They're being made for me by a lady on etsy but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I need to post a pic of my veil. It is the most beautiful thing ever. I'm wearing an alfred angelo gown which has a little pink in it so the veil compliments it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184693113/fairytale-veil-cathedral-veil-with-silk

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm getting married this year :eek::eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

2015-bring it on! Not getting married till December but still! :D

Advertisement