Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank O'Connor - 'God Bless the Child'

• 16-02-2015 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Thinking of booking for this in the Gaeity at Easter and bringing two early teens to it. I loved O'Connor's short stories. Did anyone see it when performed in the Everyman in Cork last year and if so, do you think it would appeal to 15 & 13 year old boys? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

It's a brill production - and I laughed out loud - a lot - when I saw it at The Everyman last summer. It's coming back to the Everyman in April and this time I'm getting tickets for my father and 15 year old nephew, as I know they'll both enjoy it.

When all comes to all - no matter what age they are - every man once was a boy who had those thoughts, so every boy who goes to see it, has those thoughts and experiences now :D

When you think of how popular "Mrs. Brown's Boys" is internationally - well, it's time for a bit of humour from the real Capital - but you don't have to be a Cork Boy to get it, I'm sure you'll just love this adaptation.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks so much!

Advertisement