Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Tonight was painful. Pain Full.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So can I go home now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Acoshla wrote: »
    YAWN :p

I'm the same with hyped-up movies too :o
    I'm sure it'll be good and all, but I don't understand the fuss around some films.

I like watching movies but I can go for weeks without seeing one. Awfully short attention span!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

EmilyO wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll be good and all, but I don't understand the fuss around some films.

I like watching movies but I can go for weeks without seeing one. Awfully short attention span!

I go to the cinema approximately twice a year. I've already seen Sherlock Holmes and Spiderman this year so another movie in the cinema before the end of the year and I'll have broken a personal record!

I rarely intentionally watch films on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its an event movie, plus its rare that big movies actually live up to the hype these days, this summer has been pretty woeful blockbuster wise, I had high hopes for Prometheus but it was a mess, a pretty looking, well made mess but a mess all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I go to the cinema approximately twice a year. I've already seen Sherlock Holmes and Spiderman this year so another movie in the cinema before the end of the year and I'll have broken a personal record!

I rarely intentionally watch films on TV.

I go maybe seven or eight times a year at best, although that's down to cost more than anything else. Ha, you've got four and a half months to break your record, you can do it!
    krudler wrote: »
    Its an event movie, plus its rare that big movies actually live up to the hype these days, this summer has been pretty woeful blockbuster wise, I had high hopes for Prometheus but it was a mess, a pretty looking, well made mess but a mess all the same.

It's mad that movies have become events, if you get me. I suppose all the hype is kinda down to celebrity and media madness, and all the money that's thrown at movie makers and the actors in the hope that they might create a work of art worth the millions that's been spent on it.
    Although for people who really enjoy movies, it will be great if The Dark Knight is all it's cracked up to be. There's little else to look forward to lately! :pac:

I'm pretty damned bored tonight and have decided to try and come up with a movie script, just for something to do. Exciting ... *cough*.

I'm pretty damned bored tonight and have decided to try and come up with a movie script, just for something to do. Exciting ... *cough*.

I'm pretty damn bored in work so you can send it to me to read!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I just read this. It might be of use to you in your endeavour...
    http://dannystack.blogspot.ie/2009/01/joss-whedons-top-10-writing-tips.html

And this sh1t, is making me crazy:

http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I just read this. It might be of use to you in your endeavour...
    http://dannystack.blogspot.ie/2009/01/joss-whedons-top-10-writing-tips.html

I actually did a PLC in Film and TV one year to pass the time while I was trying to figure out what to do and an aspect of it was scriptwriting. I've been trying to branch out into different areas, be it short stories, poetry, novellas and the like, and felt like I wanted to write something.

Cool, I'll PM you what I've got so far.

• Advertisement

I go maybe seven or eight times a year at best, although that's down to cost more than anything else. Ha, you've got four and a half months to break your record, you can do it!

It's mad that movies have become events, if you get me. I suppose all the hype is kinda down to celebrity and media madness, and all the money that's thrown at movie makers and the actors in the hope that they might create a work of art worth the millions that's been spent on it.
    Although for people who really enjoy movies, it will be great if The Dark Knight is all it's cracked up to be. There's little else to look forward to lately! :pac:

big movies always have been though, its just occasionally something that comes along thats a true blockbuster. And for a movie nerd such as myself its a great thing to be a part of, seeing a big crowdpleasing summer movie on a giant screen with an audience thats loving it, if the movie is great then its all the better, for all the terrible remakes, sequels and unoriginal guff thats made these days its nice to have something to look forward to, after this there's no more Christopher Nolan made Batman movies, sniff :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Got soaked when I went out for a walk. Need a hot shower.

WTF is up with this weather...

I left my office to the match tonight considering bringing my umbrella, but thought it nonsense with the heat.

Was absolutely drowned in the rain on the bus home after the game.:mad:

I wish I hadn't left my huge bag of Minstrels at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Raging i fell asleep early again. Now i'm wide awake and bored. I'm gonna start taking naps earlier and hopefully staying awake later.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@dfx- I know it's ridiculous. I was glad I wore a hoody even though it was way too warm.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm wide awake :(
    I hate how messed up my body clock is, I get up early enough so I should be exhausted at this point...
    I bet I'll crash soon and end up asleep til like 1pm >.<

Ella: hope your sister is ok and that it's not too serious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm actually so stressed :(

Women are bugging me.

QWOP! QWOP!
    aaarrrrgggghhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

QWOP! QWOP!
    aaarrrrgggghhh...
    Like asking the centipede how she walks...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Like asking the centipede how she walks...

Last night, I thought the key was the same to balancing a broom on your fingertips, look at the top. This morning, no.

WO -- QP -- WO -- qwpoqwoewoewqoew faceplant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Last night, I thought the key was the same to balancing a broom on your fingertips, look at the top. This morning, no.

WO -- QP -- WO -- qwpoqwoewoewqoew faceplant.

23a.gif

:D

Dolorous wrote: »
    23a.gif

I actually saw the gif before I played the game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I got my first belt in kickboxing last night :D delighted :D oh and mini grindelwald got her first kickboxing belt too :D

Need moar sleeps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    Need moar sleeps

your name is gone funny

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Skadoosh! wrote: »
    Need moar sleeps

Krudler is finally available as a name again?? :D Sweeeeet :cool:

bluewolf wrote: »
    your name is gone funny

duuno what you're talking about, long time lurker first time poster :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

About Skadoosh!

Previous Nicks
    krudler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Aw I liked krudler, just explained its meaning to other boardsies a few days ago (I'm not a crazy stalker I swears)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

awwww, Krudler was an awesome name :o

I was there Acoshla, you were totally like crazy stalker all over the shop, showing sneaky pictures you'd taken, all your favourite krudler posts you saved. I was gonna say something, but I was too scared :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement