Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charolais bulls in Dovea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

couple of new ones coming from NCBC that should be easy

LZF (semen should be available begining of June) and FSZ available now.

of course no calves on the ground yet but their pedigrees look right

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

couple of new ones coming from NCBC that should be easy

LZF (semen should be available begining of June) and FSZ available now.

of course no calves on the ground yet but their pedigrees look right

thanks for the update bogman_bass, wont be holding my breath for either i think.....
    ncbc seem to have a serious problem buying new bulls in,
    they go looking for ones in france that are already here in ireland then they buy one of a unproven maternal bull (under irish conditions) with indurain in the background (bye bye milk), cant say much for fsz new bloodline i guess but they really need to up there game on the charo front- or buy another ai stations bulls again - pity

I agree that he probably wont have milk but that wasnt the job he was got for. An out and out easy calving bull to replace PTE is badly needed for dairy cows and charolais heifers. He'll hopefully do that job.

Neither will be showstoppers but the fact is that a good easy calving bull will always outsell the DEZ's of the world.

I'd be hopeful that AGZ might do the job that CF85 did, power and frame.

but yes the selection isnt as good as it could be ATM.

Still haven't a bull in stud to replace REQ or FL22 either which serriously needs to be rectified

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Very interesting read on this thread. FSZ was predicted to have a bright future by a poster and 6 years later with almost 25k recorded calves he certainly did do the job.

Also interesting seeing the old bulls like CXY. Can't be got now but was a super bull.

What Dovea bulls are out there now that are producing the goods

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Very interesting read on this thread. FSZ was predicted to have a bright future by a poster and 6 years later with almost 25k recorded calves he certainly did do the job.

Also interesting seeing the old bulls like CXY. Can't be got now but was a super bull.

What Dovea bulls are out there now that are producing the goods
    Not with Dovea, hear good about Bibouac (CH2218), have a liking for Loki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

have pb heifer off eurogenes whitecliffe james, mother is big 52 cow, have to say she is a right tasty calf at this early stage anyway if she keeps going, anyone else use whitecliffe james?
    http://www.eurogeneaiservices.com/Beef/Whitecliffe-James
    http://www.cogentuk.com/bulls/cogent-beef/detail.php?id=264

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Not with Dovea, hear good about Bibouac (CH2218), have a liking for Loki

Would Loki be a better bull to cross on a few bigger framed raw sim cows than say euro or Jupiter? Selling bulls as weanings and keeping heifers until yearlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Would Loki be a better bull to cross on a few bigger framed raw sim cows than say euro or Jupiter? Selling bulls as weanings and keeping heifers until yearlings.

Loki barely has calves on the ground yet. Semen only available april 2017.
    Id go for a culard charolais.ecolo or ufr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Admiral would suit that type cow & then add pirate to the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

whats ecolo like to calve I used lanzac here before never used a culard since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

had first CH2000 calf last night Fine Heifer calf Good pull but all well

RobinBanks wrote: »

I'm gonna do the lotto now

Dovea have the new catalogue up. I see lady haywires calf made it.
    They have a picture of the same calf out of charolais bull imposant as crossmolina jupiter:D bit.ly/doveageneticsbeefcatalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

They have a picture of the same calf out of charolais bull imposant as crossmolina jupiter:D bit.ly/doveageneticsbeefcatalogue

Anyone here have any Loki calves born ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Only seen this now! :o
    Bigbird1 wrote: »

There's a 'Beef bulls megathread' where one poster has calves out of him.
    See below vv
    rushvalley wrote: »
    Had a few this year not too pleased with them tbh. They look like white limousins :pac: no frame to them at all like what you'd expect with a charolais

Only seen this now! :o

There's a 'Beef bulls megathread' where one poster has calves out of him.
    See below vv

Internet very slow in leitrim i see:D

Bigbird1 wrote: »

Ill have one in 6 weeks if thats any good to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Internet very slow in leitrim i see:D

Was away in jan for a bit so missed a good few threads, just marked the forum as read!

Advertisement