Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Recommendations in Castleknock / Blanch area

• 28-08-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any D15 gym recommendations? I figure Ben Dunne's in Westpoint is possibly not the most attractive and jammed most evenings? That said, it's so cheap and if I have a place to lift weights, swing kettlebells, change and shower I don't really mind.

Castleknock Hotel looks pricey and I read somewhere that it is quite small. Then there is Crunch, not sure what it's like - dark with chandeliers?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If you'd travel to tyrellstown BMI fitness is great and has all you want and is quiet in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Cool, hadn't heard of it. Any other recommendations guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭billie1b

Coolmine, free weights, weight machines, rowers, treadmills, small but quiet most evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

There's Animal Barbell in Coolmine. Don't go there but a few people have recommended it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Hi,
    I had a trial at the Castleknock gym yesterday. I found the place quite good, nice and clean (even though the guy at the desk didnt bother to show me around).
    As I was there on a Sunday, it was hard to see how busy it gets during the week. Anyone a member here that can fill me in? Conscious that it is a small gym so wouldnt want to be there at 8.30pm during the week queueing for a spot on the treadmill.
    Thanks!
    Laura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

If anyone wants good exercise, meet me on the Blanch road north at 6pm every night, where I'll only chase you down the road with a big thorny stick. ps: This is totally free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

billie1b wrote: »
    Coolmine, free weights, weight machines, rowers, treadmills, small but quiet most evenings

And very cheap. Good value gym but had some issues with break ins in car park last year. Not sure if it's gone away..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭billie1b

R1_Pete wrote: »
    And very cheap. Good value gym but had some issues with break ins in car park last year. Not sure if it's gone away..

Still happening the odd time, i'm there most weeks about 5 times a week and hear of a breakin every week or two, mainly down by the astro pitches, nobody takes any real notice of lads around there as the pitches are always busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I use Crunch out in Westmanstown.

It is a bit pricey but I think you get what you pay for. They have a huge selection of cardio equipment, and a large enough weights and free weights area.

It can be busy at rush hour in the evenings but in the 6 months that I have been a member, it has only been in the past month whereby I have had to wait to use a bench (obviously due to the January rush).

The best aspect of this gym IMO is the large range of classes that they offer, I usually incorporate a bootcamp class once a week into my workout and the trainers really push you to the limit.

Changing rooms are clean and pool is generally quite where you can easily swim lengths without being stuck behind someone else.

Advertisement