Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Anschutz

Options
  • 21-10-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm looking for your opinions on sporting/hunting rifle solely for target shooting 50m out to 100 mostly prone shooting, Anschutz 64 MPR or 1710 D HB, would there be much difference in shootability and accuracy between the 64 action with 2 stage trigger and heavy target barrel, and the better 54 action on the 1710 D HB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

Both rifles will outshoot you !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm looking for your opinions on sporting/hunting rifle solely for target shooting 50m out to 100 mostly prone shooting, Anschutz 64 MPR or 1710 D HB, would there be much difference in shootability and accuracy between the 64 action with 2 stage trigger and heavy target barrel, and the better 54 action on the 1710 D HB.
    Hi Wadi ,the 1710 should prove a more accurate rifle for target shooting .
    Its mainly down to the action .
    2x rear locking lugs and stiffer more precise action setup .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

The 64 action is horrible when it gets old and worn. I'd never buy one after fighting DURC's ones for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

thanks guys for the replies, I may keep saving then, cus them 1710's aren't cheep, a guy on an American forum summed it up well when replying to a similar query, he said buy the 54 because if you buy the 64 you will want a 54.

Advertisement