Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating.. *See Mod Note in Post 112*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Some posts deleted just to save someone being bothered with well-meaning but over-protective PMs ... not for any "ZOMG!! :eek:" reasons, just in case anyone leaps to silly conclusions! :rolleyes:

I guess I missed the action then :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

._. wrote: »
    I guess I missed the action then :(
    Nope, there wasn't any action ... just a couple of people misreading a post and getting all concerned! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kilo1

I want that one!!!!

HAHA!! I think a vast majority of students would!! Sounds like my maths teacher to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

No, you should forget about it and have a wee bit of sense in future! :)

cheers thanks im really stressing about it i just dont want to get it cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

I get the feeling my examiner thinks I'm cheating. I sit down the back of the exam hall (classroom), and every time I look up, she's staring at me. Even when I stare back, she continues doing it! It's so awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Shifty11 wrote: »
    I get the feeling my examiner thinks I'm cheating. I sit down the back of the exam hall (classroom), and every time I look up, she's staring at me. Even when I stare back, she continues doing it! It's so awkward.

Or else she wants you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Or else she wants you

9/4 odds she wants him, taking bets now!

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Or else she wants you

Yeah.... Could be my dashing good looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

"Remember this folks, if you puke on your exam paper you automatically get a C2 or so I was told. pacman.gif"

Haha, is that for real? Gotta put it into practice for my History :D jokin, terrified of throwing up, so I sure as hell wouldn't force myself to do something like that. But i'm curious, was that a joke or wot?

As for my thoughts on cheaters: Cancel their damn exams before they cost someone a place in college.
    It's APPALLING to read about all the cheating that's going on. BIG WTF! I'm on the verge of failing History here, yet you dont see me considering resorting to something as low as that. Cheating means you're screwing with someone elses future. I've seen people on this forum be like "Leave them they're only affecting their results!!" but that's total simplistic BULL. If I study my arse off and get 410 points and some idiot comes in, cheats his way through the test, gets 415 points and the place that could've gone to me, goes to him, then THAT MEANS he's also interfering with my future. I'm not a snitch, I dislike people who snitch unnecessarily... but this is a serious case... and in serious cases like that, YOU SNITCH.

Some funny stories goin on here xD. Im totally stressed out over the amount of people cheating tho -_-. Making me feel even more insecure about my performance (which is already pretty BAD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danieloneill

Can anyone help me here am new to all this so go eay on me.I was in a an exam today and seen a student in my class looking down at his phone while doing his exam glancing at the exam paper and at his phone.
    The examiner clearly seen him but did nothing until his phone stated get a message noise which alerted the teacher.The teacher then told him to get rid of his phone and she stated that the exam should be cancelled but the exam carried on anyway.The student then started to claim he got away with cheating and many students made the same claim.What should i do??
    I dont want to be seen as a snitch but its not fair on other students who have studied for the exam and made a real effort to get the points they need.Is there any way i can complain to someone about this? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

Shifty11 wrote: »
    well , shes probably a bit suspicious of you no?

i mean, your username doesnt exactly inspire much trust in you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Can anyone help me here am new to all this so go eay on me.I was in a an exam today and seen a student in my class looking down at his phone while doing his exam glancing at the exam paper and at his phone.
    The examiner clearly seen him but did nothing until his phone stated get a message noise which alerted the teacher.The teacher then told him to get rid of his phone and she stated that the exam should be cancelled but the exam carried on anyway.The student then started to claim he got away with cheating and many students made the same claim.What should i do??
    I dont want to be seen as a snitch but its not fair on other students who have studied for the exam and made a real effort to get the points they need.Is there any way i can complain to someone about this? thanks
    Say something to your principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Report it to the State Examinations Commission.

Report the examiner/incident to the principle if you're dead set on doing something.

well , shes probably a bit suspicious of you no?

i mean, your username doesnt exactly inspire much trust in you :p

Good point, Father, but I can categorically confirm I have not cheated once. I'm gonna put it down to me being incredibly sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

._. wrote: »
    Report the examiner/incident to the principle if you're dead set on doing something.

We were told by our supervisor that if she saw any cheating or communication between students etc. that she wouldn't interrupt the exam but it would be noted and she'd put it in to her report at the end//that it would be noted.

She may already have taken action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Desire. wrote: »
    Report it to the State Examinations Commission.

+1 I agree . Cheeky git should have ta work like the rest of us

We were told by our supervisor that if she saw any cheating or communication between students etc. that she wouldn't interrupt the exam but it would be noted and she'd put it in to her report at the end//that it would be noted.

She may already have taken action.

Yeah true, that's definitely what they're supposed to do (but I know from what happened in my exam centre last year and many other stories, they don't always stick to this).
    So my advice still stands. He/she has no way of knowing if that's what the supervisor did do.
    If you want to be sure something is done about it, go to the principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danieloneill

how do you post something to the stae commisson?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

how do you post something to the stae commisson?

The contact details are on http://www.examinations.ie

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

1. Boards is not the SEC.

If you have actual evidence of cheating, contact THEM, as spurious said the contact details are on their website above.

2. Above all, do not name any individual, give hints as to their identity or as to their location or school on this forum. The consequences here will be a ban, but be aware that if you are spreading malicious rumours the consequences down the line can be much more serious.

3. Less seriously, but for the sake of everyone using this forum, be courteous to one another. Discuss the issues civilly if you wish, like the young adults you are. Do not act like children, or you will be treated like children, and sent to bed early!! :pac:

4. And always remember that tomorrow's paper is unlikely to have a question on this topic! >_>

Re-opened temporarily ... and under scrutiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

<edit>

*sigh*

And there's our first ban!

What does the word "civil" mean, lynchy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

All I'll say on the Matter is this ,
    I have no respect for cheaters ! and I do believe they should be punished.
    as for peoples conscience I don't control that so I'll just stay out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

F*cking eejit in my friends school got caught with notes in his pencil case. They didnt catch him till the very end of the exam, they made him sit down and wait until everyone else had left the room till they talked to him. The humiliation... Banned from doing the rest of his exams. His parents... He wouldn't even tell anyone what they said to him. Let it be a word of warning to the feckin' eejits out there who want to cheat. Get caught and you. are. beyond. f*cked.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

this is one way to stop cheating in exams

ODupf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

this is one way to stop cheating in exams

I can just imagine our 60+ year old caretaker who used to stalk the school every break time from the cameras control thingy in his room doing this for exams! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

muffinz wrote: »
    F*cking eejit in my friends school got caught with notes in his pencil case. They didnt catch him till the very end of the exam, they made him sit down and wait until everyone else had left the room till they talked to him. The humiliation... Banned from doing the rest of his exams. His parents... He wouldn't even tell anyone what they said to him. Let it be a word of warning to the feckin' eejits out there who want to cheat. Get caught and you. are. beyond. f*cked.

Day-um. That sounds nasty, although I'd never had any intention to cheat, I think I'll make a conscious effort not to in the future : D No more bringing my brain into exams, too risky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

So, eh... is this an annual thread? :D

Remember a very similar one last year, with people boasting about cheating. The last thing I wanted to read during my exams :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Healium wrote: »
    So, eh... is this an annual thread? :D

Remember a very similar one last year, with people boasting about cheating. The last thing I wanted to read during my exams :mad:

My thoughts exactly. We've enough spoofers here as regards their expected results without letting the 'I'm so cool I cheat' brigade get their ten minutes of notice too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Clickclack

When ever I get nervous I need to pee and whenever I get nervous I drink loads of water, thus I have not gone a single exam yet without having to leave to go to the bathroom. I keep on getting funny looks from the attendants/supervisor because I'm sure they think I'm cheating. Unfortunately, since it hasn't been brought up I can't really go "No I've only a really weak bladder! :("
    In one of the grind schools around here the teachers used to give the students a hand with the leaving. My school is quite strict though. Only the most well behaved and nervous of fifth years are chosen and there's 3 to each room.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement