Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SimplyElectronics.net Euro Rip off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭da wiseguy

no problems. see previous posts re DHL as well - they confirmed to me that SE always send in large containers, which further proves my point about stockpiling orders. this is why you get a consignment number from SE but DHL cannot confirm it exists until it arrives in the UK at least. SE actually deliver the containers to DHL as opposed to the other way round which is the usual/normal way! because it is a sealed container, they can't open it until it arrives in the UK and is then opened and broken down into individual orders for onwards delivery across the UK or on to Ireland. i was told that irish orders won't even know they are in transit technically until the actual package is received in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

aka Dus wrote: »
    Payment for my order (placed 0119 23/08/12) is listed as 'approved' but no update on shipping yet..!

Still no shipping confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oscas

oscas wrote: »
    Thanks da wiseguy; I looked up the tracking number with DHL and it all looks in order. I think I'm gonna give them until the end of the week, accept the item, see how it works and take it from there.

Please post how you got on with Canon Ireland when you get your camera back...would be good for everyone to know for future reference!

Update: Okay, I received my camera this afternoon! It seems to be working perfectly - I'll give it a good run over the next week to see how it goes.

All in all it took 7 working days from my order date, which I would consider to be a good service. Obviously the stress during that time made it seem a lot longer!

In summary, SE customer service is very poor. They couldn't confirm dispatch/delivery date and ignored my cancellation request. But, after a very slow start, the item came within the agreed timeframe in the end. To be honest I reckon the reason they got their act together is because I contacted PayPal and they followed it up with SE. On the SE site they say going through PayPal will add an extra day onto delivery, that might be an attempt to put ppl off but I reckon it's totally worth it. The sooner I made my problem official with PayPal, SE got up off their arses and sorted it out.

The next thing now is to contact Canon and make sure they will cover the the warranty in Ireland so that I don't have to go through SE to get any problems fixed.

They main thing to me seems to be that if you have an official 3rd party to fight your corner you might be okay.

So, would I use SE again - I don't know when I'll be spending 2,000e again, that was the biggest fear, losing it or waiting months to get it back. But for a smaller purchase I probably would go with SE again (assuming I could use Paypal and that the manufacturer's warranty would be covered in Ireland).

Anyway, I hope that helps someone in the same position.

Good Luck!

aka Dus wrote: »
    Still no shipping confirmation.

I sent them a mail enquiring why the item has not yet shipped. I guess their reply demonstrates with certainty that they don't always keep stock on consignment, rather sourcing it when they receive an order.

REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXXXXX  Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with us.
    SUBJECT: Order not shipped

Dear Dus,

Thank you for your email.

This is a highly sought-after item and we are trying our best to fulfill all orders in time. Our order is progressing and we anticipate delivery in the coming few days.

Once we ship the item, you will receive an email with a tracking number. We hope this arrangement is acceptable.

Your patience and understanding in the matter is truly appreciated, should you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Rica
    Customer Service Executive

Original Message

Subject:

Order not shipped

Hi,

My order still has not shipped, please let me know why.

Thanks

Dus

Am still waiting for my new phone to be shipped... Not unexpected but still poor service. Here's my latest mail to them (received the standard automated respose in reply) hoping the threat of order cancellation might provoke a positive response. Fact is I can wait (hope nobody from SE is reading this!) to get it, which is why I decided to order from them but still....
    to: Order Status Query <info@simplyelectronics.net>
    date: 5 September 2012 11:23
    subject: Re: Order not shipped (XXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Hi,

It is now 9 business days since I placed the order but the order is only listed as "Your order is being made ready". This is unacceptable - Simply Electronics' service level agreement says that the order should be DELIVERED within 8 business days.

When will the item be shipped?

If I do not receive confirmation of the order being shipped by Friday 7th September 2012 by 0800 BST I will cancel this order and demand a full refund.

Yours sincerely

Dus
    +353 8X XXX XXXX

• Advertisement

Another bit of communication from our dodgy friends at Simply Electronics... Long and short of it is that they advertise stock they do not hold as available on their site, when they receive an order they go try and acquire a product to fulfill it and when they do, they likely have to wait for a weekly DHL shipment out to London.

I told them to go ahead and continue their foolishness, I would like the product now but it's not life and death. But if you need a product in a hurry, don't use them!

to: Dus
    date: 6 September 2012 17:43
    subject: RE: Order not shipped (XXXXXXXXXX)

Dear Dus,

Greetings from Simply Electronics. Please be advised that we have just received an updates on your order from our relevant department, and we were informed that due to the current Backlog experienced by our Dispatch Centre, they cannot guarantee that you will receive your order within this week. In this case, due to first in first out basis, we may not be able to have it dispatched on time. Currently we are unable to provide you with the estimated dispatch date so we are afraid that there will be further delay with the delivery of your order.

We sincerely apologise for the unexpected delays. In the light of this, please kindly advise on how would you wish to proceed with this order, as we understand that you have waited long enough for this order. We highly appreciate for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Benedick

After I told them to go ahead befukt, as we say, they replied a few days later with more generic evasiveness, saying that they have upgraded me to some 'expedited delivery', which might mean my phone is on top of the other orders in the crate that arrives in to DHL in Heathrow....

to: Dus
    date: 11 September 2012 00:11
    subject: RE: Order not shipped (XXXXXXXXX)

Dear Dus,

Apologies for the delay in shipping your goods.

Having double checked with our relevant team, your order has unfortunately not been dispatched yet. Due to the high volume of orders at this time we have been slightly held back on our deliveries.

We have upgraded your order to expedited delivery service at no extra cost to you as a gesture on our part to ensure minimal delays moving forward.

A dispatch confirmation email with the tracking details can be expected as soon as the order is dispatched. We do thank you in advance for your extended patience thus far.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
    Benedick

The latest episode arrived in my inbox last night! It's a great series, this. I never expected this plot twist!
    REFERENCE NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXX

Greetings from SimplyElectronics.

Upon packing your order, we had discovered that our shipment of Motorola Defy Plus (Black) Android 2.3 SIM Free / Unlocked was damaged, and therefore had to be returned.

Unfortunately, the replacements are not expected to arrive within any short period of time.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused, however in this unfortunate event, we would like to ask if there are any other similarly priced products listed on our site that may be suitable as a replacement? Should the price be slightly higher, we can perhaps waive this as a gesture of goodwill (please note we can only do this usually for minor differences).

Likewise, if the price is lower, we can have this reimbursed to your account.

Kindly let us know by reply and we will do our best to expedite this for you. Otherwise, kindly advise on how we should proceed.

Looking forward to your response, thank you.

Kind Regards,

Robin

I have asked them to let me know if a couple of alternate products are in stock and available to ship immediately. If so, I will change order, if not, I will ask for the money to be reimbursed to my account.

These guys are way too much hassle.

Heh heh, these guys are seriously good wafflers and time wasters.

I sent this off to them in reply to the mail about my original item being broken, and offering me the chance to choose an alternative, Which they may or may not agree to ship as a replacement...
    Re: REFERENCE: (XXXXXXXX)
    Hi there,

This is very disappointing.

I am minded to cancel the order and ask for a reimbursment but how long will it take for you to reimburse the money to my card?

I will change my order to a different item, as per your email, if you can ship my order immediately.

Please let me know if you have any of these items below are in stock now and available to ship immediately. When I know what items can be shipped straight away, I will make a decision on which one I want. If they are not available in stock, I will cancel my original order.

Motorola Defy Plus (White) Android 2.3 SIM Free / Unlocked
    Sony Xperia Go ST27i (White) Android 2.3 SIM Free / Unlocked
    Sony Xperia Go ST27i (Yellow) Android 2.3 SIM Free / Unlocked

Yours sincerely

Dus
    +353 8XXXXXX

They replied, 2 days later with the below. Note there is now a 7-14 day delivery time frame.
    SUBJECT: REFERENCE: (XXXXX)

Dear Dus,

We are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails at this time, together with an increase in our sales volume and are therefore not able to answer all emails /calls as effectively as we would like at this moment.

You can be assured that we have delegated relevant manpower to cope with these growing trends, especially during peak periods and therefore seek your kind understanding in this matter.

Note that our delivery timeframe has been revised to 7-14 working days already in light of the growing sales. We want to ensure that our customers are not overpromised and ensure that all our customers’ expectations are managed adequately:

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/reasons.php

Furthermore, please kindly check our website to confirm if the said items are in stock.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
    Rica

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aic90

Hi everyone!

This is actually my very first time to write on a forum. Why am I writing? - TO WARN YOU ABOUT SIMPLY ELECTRONICS and tell you how I dealt with them!

Firstly, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for €349.95. WOW! Bargain, so I thought!

After allowing them the reported 10 days to ship the phone, I asked why it was not shipped. They gave me a generic B.S reply that there was a delay, and asked for more time. Foolishly, I waited another week, and of course, it was still not shipped.

I was so enraged I asked for a refund. They agreed, saying it would take 10 days max! After emailing them twice, they said there was a delay. Again. Woah, what a surprise!

I decided to be firm and vicious! Here is a quick look at some direct quotes from my email:

"I am demanding my FULL refund!! And just to remind you, incase you try to cheat me out - it's €349.95! Do not even think about giving me anything less, because the least I deserve is the FULL refund!"

"By not issuing me my phone AND not giving me my money back you are considered a thief! A criminal offence!"

"I warn you now: I will take action against your criminal behaviour, and I will get authorities involved to solve this! I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL YOU REFUND ALL OF MY MONEY!"

And hey priesto! The order status changed to 'Your order has been refunded'.

Long story short, if you are in a similar position, do not hesitate to be firm, argumentative, and even vicious! It's your money, and you deserve it back!

SIMPLYELECTRONICS.NET IS A PLAGUE ON SOCIETY!!

A

• Advertisement

aic90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

This is actually my very first time to write on a forum. Why am I writing? - TO WARN YOU ABOUT SIMPLY ELECTRONICS and tell you how I dealt with them!

Firstly, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for €349.95. WOW! Bargain, so I thought!

After allowing them the reported 10 days to ship the phone, I asked why it was not shipped. They gave me a generic B.S reply that there was a delay, and asked for more time. Foolishly, I waited another week, and of course, it was still not shipped.

I was so enraged I asked for a refund. They agreed, saying it would take 10 days max! After emailing them twice, they said there was a delay. Again. Woah, what a surprise!

I decided to be firm and vicious! Here is a quick look at some direct quotes from my email:

"I am demanding my FULL refund!! And just to remind you, incase you try to cheat me out - it's €349.95! Do not even think about giving me anything less, because the least I deserve is the FULL refund!"

"By not issuing me my phone AND not giving me my money back you are considered a thief! A criminal offence!"

"I warn you now: I will take action against your criminal behaviour, and I will get authorities involved to solve this! I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL YOU REFUND ALL OF MY MONEY!"

And hey priesto! The order status changed to 'Your order has been refunded'.

Long story short, if you are in a similar position, do not hesitate to be firm, argumentative, and even vicious! It's your money, and you deserve it back!

SIMPLYELECTRONICS.NET IS A PLAGUE ON SOCIETY!!

A

I was going to order one of those, in the end I decided not to because I want to wait for the next Nexus device(s) to hit the market. So I chose an 'outdoor' Android model to fill the gap while I wait for that device, so I am glad I didn't now, after seeing your experience.

And my own experience in trying to get the phone I did choose off them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SEreviews

Hello

I like many of you on this thread have had huge issues with Simply Electronics, the difference though is that I am a SEO consultant and I have created a website for people to post and share their experiences of Simply Electronics.

The website is: http://www.simplyelectronicsreview.com/

Here's the deal, you send me your reviews, complaints and dispute outcomes, and I'll make sure the website gets to the top of Google. My hope then is that so many people will see the reviews, that Simply Electronics will sort themselves out.

The website is brand new and I need your help to get things moving, please take a few minutes to post your experiences, as when others see reviews on the site they will add theirs too. Currently there is just my review, I need yours too!

If we all do our bit, I am sure we can make a difference!

Please pass this on, on other forums and threads...

And the expected unhappy ending to my story:

I replied to them, ratcheting it up a little.

Sep 21

Hi there,

I do expect that my situation be given PRIORITY by your team, since I first placed an order with you almost ONE MONTH ago - August 23rd.

This device is currently IN STOCK and I expect you to ship it immediately in place of the item I originally ordered.

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=20231

I expect to hear from you confirming shipping WITHIN ONE BUSINESS DAY.

Regards

Dus

Got no reply, so went again five days later
    Sep 26

Good day,

What is the status of this order now?

It's bad enough that I have had to wait ONE MONTH already for my order to be fulfilled, now you are not answering my emails after 5 days even though I have given you clear and direct instructions on how I want this matter to be resolved.

This should be a priority order for you, given the series of mistakes that have happened and the length of time I have been waiting. You should treat it as such.

Sincerely

Dus

Finally got an answer, pretty much telling me to **** off and to request a refund!
    Dear Dus,

Thank you for emailing us again.

We unfortunately are unable to comply with your request.

Please let us hear from you again with your final decision.

Our sincere apologies.

Best Regards,
    Olivia

So I did.

I went in with my eyes wide open, a series of bizarre customer care interactions occured, and over 1 month later I was forced to request a refund.

It goes without saying that these are as dodgy a retailer as you'll find.

As soon as I get my refund (in order not to **** with karma) I will happily join the SEO campaign linked above!

Do yourself a favour - spend the extra few bob with a local retailer. Get your product on time, be confident it's authentic, have access to them should you need to return them. The advertised saving by using Simply Electronics simply is not worth the doubt and hassle.

Dus

My weak attempt at expediting this more quickly has been shown up for what it is! :)
    27 September 2012 22:27

Re: REFERENCE: (LTKXXXXXXXXX)

Refund my full money immediately. Your service is disgraceful.

FYI, if I am not refunded in full within 1 business day I am going to make a complaint about your company to the Irish consumer protection authorities as well as the Irish media.

Sincerely

Dus
    2 October 2012 08:31
    SUBJECT: REFERENCE: (LTKXXXXXXX)

Dear Dus,

We can confirm that your order has been cancelled and a refund will be issued as soon as possible. An email will be forthcoming once the refund is initiated.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
    Simon

I will report back once my refund has been made. All in all, a sorry state of affairs that should serve as a warning to anyone who might consider these guys as a good way to get their new gadget.

Word of refunds reach me today, though wouldn't you know that's going to take time too. I paid by debit card, so I couldn't see how this would be complicated enough to take 10 days.......
    October 4 2012

Dear Dus,

Greetings from SimplyElectronics.

Please note that a refund has been initiated to your account and you can expect your refund shortly. Normally, it takes a few days but depending on your bank it may take up to 10 days. If this does not happen, feel free to contact us through our web form, http://www.simplyelectronics.net/contact.php and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Meanwhile, please kindly review the following details of the refund:

Order ID : XXXXXXXXX
    PRODUCT DETAILS: XXXXXXXX

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Vivian Dawson
    www.simplyelectronics.net

.....until I got an email from their payment processing partners!

Is it just me that feels very uneasy about sending a picture of my passport and a picture of proof of my address over email to a company I never heard of? Additionally, since it's concerning a refund transaction from one of the dodgiest companies around in Simply Electronics.
    October 4 2012

Dear Dus,

After a security check we need you to verify your recent payment by providing the following:

- A full colour copy of a valid, official identification document; such as your international passport (double page), national identity card or drivers licence (front and back). This is required in order for us to verify your identity.
    - A copy of a paper utility bill (Gas Bill/Electricity Bill) or bank statement issued in the last three months clearly displaying your name and address. This is required in order for us to verify your address.

The required documents/information should be sent via email to security@moneybookers.com.

Please accept our apologies for any possible inconvenience, however Skrill (Moneybookers) must adhere to strict security standards which are there to protect your payment privacy. Please be aware that you will not be able to process further payments via Skrill (Moneybookers) until you comply with this request.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Kind regards,

Skrill (Moneybookers) Security

Endgame
    October 5

Dear Dus,

Thank you for providing the necessary details.

Please be kindly informed that this security check was due to your refund with SimplyElectronics indeed. The funds should be available on your VISA card within 1-3 business days.

We are pleased to inform you that your account has now been reinstated and you may take advantage of the services we offer at your convenience.

Should you have any additional questions, concerns or comments, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team.

Kind regards,
    Skrill (Moneybookers) Team

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Wow i keep getting email updates about this subject. Bought some camera stuff off them a couple weeks ago, showed up this morning without any hassle at all.
    I had to do a security check once when I spent a fair amount on new camera equipment, I also had the bank call me to make sure the transaction was good.

I guess the moral of the story is, if the price is too good to turn down, try establish if they have the stock before you order.

Seems to be a recurring pattern that ordering camera equipment from them is less hazardous than ordering eg mobile phones etc. They just don't seem to have the stock and they take forever to let you know they don't.

Also, if something goes wrong with your gadget, you are ****ed. I ordered a Nexus 7 from PC World and my model had a known hardware issue that PC World made fixing super easy. I would have been high and dry using this crowd.

Anyway, that's me out of this thread, I hope what I posted will provide insight to some of you if you are thinking of going this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

At the end of the day you'll get what you pay for, super cheap websites are super cheap for a reason, lack of customer support or stock only ordered upon receiving an order, if you wanna save a boat load of money you have to accept that you might have to wait or may run into trouble.
    Ive bought 2 cameras, 5 lenses, 1 tablet, a phone and countless misc stuff off them with only one issue once because of the credit card and a security check because I spent so much. Very few people here defended Simple Electronics because people happy with them didnt look up Simply Electronics Rip Off anywhere as they were happy. They are a functioning company, obviously, they do their jobs, be it slowly, but it gets done, in some cases people run into issues, but of the thousands of people who deal with them, daily, maybe, we only have 14 pages of complaints and its the same people 75% of the time just updating us on how bad their order is.
    If you dont want to wait, if you dont want to risk it, spend the extra and get it off amazon or something, if your strapped for cash and in no hurry, SE is excellent, the customer service I received was impeccable and I never had an issue with them.
    Hope anyone in the hole gets their stuff sorted soon.
    Im out to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Forgewire

I didn't read the whole thread but as its name suggests "Euro rip off" I'm strongly disagree. Their stuff cheaper than anywhere on ebay or amazon.
    I've bought a few things from them inc. Samsung Galaxy S2, Olympus OMD EM5 few lenses etc.
    They used to be very slow to dispatch items or give refund, but this time I received my camera in a 4 days after I placed my order and lenses are on the way. All stuff comes with full warranty.
    Anyway I would prefer to deal with simplyelectronics any time than with those rude rip off clowns from Camera Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

Forgewire wrote: »
    Anyway I would prefer to deal with simplyelectronics any time than with those rude rip off clowns from Camera Centre.

First let me say I don’t deal with the Camera Exchange nor in fact have I ever bought anything from them. You choosing to buy from Simply Electronics and calling the Camera Exchange clowns, says more about you than them. The staff in the Camera Exchange is very knowledgeable compared to those in Simple Electronics.

If you bothered to read this thread first rather than go off on one, you would see there is a lot of trouble with late or no deliveries from them but one of the big problems is lack of communication from them.

Also you should hope that you never have any trouble with any of your equipment you bought from them because this is where the big problem with them is, particularly with photography items. They import into Europe direct from Japan and other Far East countries themselves and not through the European agents or distributers. Therefore your product in most cases is not under warrantee with the manufacture. Read their site and you will see all products have a Simple Electronics in house warrantee. There is no mention of a manufactures warrantee.

First let me say I don’t deal with the Camera Exchange nor in fact have I ever bought anything from them. You choosing to buy from Simply Electronics and calling the Camera Exchange clowns, says more about you than them. The staff in the Camera Exchange is very knowledgeable compared to those in Simple Electronics.

If you bothered to read this thread first rather than go off on one, you would see there is a lot of trouble with late or no deliveries from them but one of the big problems is lack of communication from them.

Also you should hope that you never have any trouble with any of your equipment you bought from them because this is where the big problem with them is, particularly with photography items. They import into Europe direct from Japan and other Far East countries themselves and not through the European agents or distributers. Therefore your product in most cases is not under warrantee with the manufacture. Read their site and you will see all products have a Simple Electronics in house warrantee. There is no mention of a manufactures warrantee.
    I din't talk about Camera Exchange I'm talking about Camera Centre which has branches in Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley and other S. C.
    I came to them to ask advice about my camera I've bought on ebay and basically was tald to "f*k off" they are rude and expensive clowns and I stand by my words.
    As for warranty issues when I bought Samsung Galaxy phone from Simplyelectronics and connected to 3 network, the phone worked fine a few month. But then I received update from 3 and it started to reboot a few times per day. I contacted Samsung and told about the issue and was instructed to bring phone to any Samsung outlet for warranty repair, if needed (I told them that I bought it from internet they said it doesnt matter)
    Same thing happen with Sony NEX6 camera I've bought from ebay (and was told to f*k off by camera centre staff). I rang Sony Support and they told me to send it for warranty repair even I bought it from ebay. I just sent it back and got full refund.
    By the way The Olympus camera and lenses I ordered from Simplyelectronics one week ago swiftly arrived by DHL no worries whatsoever.

Point taken about Camera Exchange and the Camera Centre (I miss read) but here I differ as I have bought off the Camera Centre and like the Camera Exchange they are a very knowledgeable people. It is people trying in shops and buying off the net that kill off these shops. Than when they have a problem or need information about it, what is the first thing they do? Go to the shop looking for help. I am not surprised they are told to F off.

This thread is about Simply Electronics, not one for you to hijack to complain about another shop, you are entitled to you opinion on SI I just hope you don’t have a problem with a product. As for The Camera Centre being a rip off I needed a video camera last week for work and I got it €100 less in one shop in Blanchardstown over another. But as I said that is for another thread.

A friend of mine bought a Sigma lens that was faulty when he got it, 18 months later he still has no lens and no refund. The company is registered in Hong Kong so there is no following them through the courts. Follow this and see what loads of others think of SI. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=simply+electronics+problems

I'm agree that you can get in trouble when buying small brands from them. My point is if you bought a major brand item (Sony, Samsung, Oly whatever) you can deal with their Customer Support directly instead of Simplyelectronics. All you need is a proof of transaction.
    As I said Samsung and Sony told me send items to them with receit.
    If you bought a Mickey Mouse item with no global customer support than you have to deal with Simplyelectronics
    Another advice is play safe and pay with paypal. When I run in trouble with Sony camera, seller offered me to repair instead of refund. I filed complain and paypal returned me my money.

I certainly wouldn’t call Sigma a Mickey Mouse Company. They are (well certainly until recently anyway) the worlds largest independent lens manufacturer. Canon the worlds largest camera manufacturer, wont do warranty work on cameras bought from SI.

The point I am making is be careful with SI. All can be well but if you have a problem with a product you could end up in trouble with no comeback. As for paying with PayPal that is fine but in my friend’s case he didn’t get his money back as SI offered to repair it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 blender8786

I recently purchased a HTC One Mini smartphone on Simple Electronics website. It looked like an Irish/UK website (I later found out they are based in Hong Kong, China). The estimated product delivery provided on the website was 2-5 working days. After that time I tried to contact their customer service, as I did not get the phone. They replied that the product will be dispatched immediately. I was not happy, as the product supposed to be delivered within 5 working days, not PACKED and DISPATCHED after 5 working days. They ignored my comment and did not contact me any more. So I did a quick research on the Internet and found out I'm not the only one tricked by Simple Electronics. To make the long story short. I immediately got in touch with VISA customer service, they promised to dispute the transaction for me but I need to wait another 5 days before they can do that. I kept e-mailing Simple Electronics and was constantly given different information regarding the status of the order. I requested the order to be cancelled on several occasions and they kept repeating 'please confirm you want to cancel the order', which I did SEVERAL TIMES. Today I got an email stating the product was dispatched to me today. I am NOT going to sign the delivery sheet, so the product will return to Hong Kong, and I will then have to wait for the refund. I reported Simple Electronics to Action Fraud, as they should be closed down for their actions.

I recently purchased a HTC One Mini smartphone on Simple Electronics website. It looked like an Irish/UK website (I later found out they are based in Hong Kong, China). The estimated product delivery provided on the website was 2-5 working days. After that time I tried to contact their customer service, as I did not get the phone. They replied that the product will be dispatched immediately. I was not happy, as the product supposed to be delivered within 5 working days, not PACKED and DISPATCHED after 5 working days. They ignored my comment and did not contact me any more. So I did a quick research on the Internet and found out I'm not the only one tricked by Simple Electronics. To make the long story short. I immediately got in touch with VISA customer service, they promised to dispute the transaction for me but I need to wait another 5 days before they can do that. I kept e-mailing Simple Electronics and was constantly given different information regarding the status of the order. I requested the order to be cancelled on several occasions and they kept repeating 'please confirm you want to cancel the order', which I did SEVERAL TIMES. Today I got an email stating the product was dispatched to me today. I am NOT going to sign the delivery sheet, so the product will return to Hong Kong, and I will then have to wait for the refund. I reported Simple Electronics to Action Fraud, as they should be closed down for their actions.

That was stupid. I've bought Olympus OMD camera from them recently and also had to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive instead of stated 3-5 days. My friend waited for 2 months. They can be slow but they are not scammers.
    If you want cheap stuff I'm sure you can wait or go to carphone warehouse and buy your HTC they will be happy to rip you off thats for sure:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 blender8786

ok, so do you think just because they offer the product cheaper they have the right to make a fool of the customer? woow!

I would rather go to the carphone warehouse now and pay more than worry if I'll ever receive the item and if it will work at all. I made a mistake and did not do the proper research on SE before purchasing but I have always had a great experience with online shopping before...got too confident I guess... BTW if you have nothing helpful to say, better don't say anything :/ PS for your information I checked 3 online stores and the difference price wise wasnt huge (obviously I chose the cheapest option)...They looked like an Irish company,so I did not expect any troubles... if I only knew, I WOULD pay more rather than wait (don't even know for how many months!)

ok, so do you think just because they offer the product cheaper they have the right to make a fool of the customer? woow!

I would rather go to the carphone warehouse now and pay more than worry if I'll ever receive the item and if it will work at all. I made a mistake and did not do the proper research on SE before purchasing but I have always had a great experience with online shopping before...got too confident I guess... BTW if you have nothing helpful to say, better don't say anything :/ PS for your information I checked 3 online stores and the difference price wise wasnt huge (obviously I chose the cheapest option)...They looked like an Irish company,so I did not expect any troubles... if I only knew, I WOULD pay more rather than wait (don't even know for how many months!)

I've bought a lot of stuff from Simplyelectronics . When I did first purchase I panicked like you, esp. when they ask the copy of my ID and cancelled it.They don't ask for IDs any more :) Anyway they are honest folks but expect delays and relax, you will get your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sodslaw

the website states the delivery is - usually dispatched within 2-5 business days, not the same as delivered in 2-5 working days. i got a couple of items from them much cheaper than anyone else, bottom line is if you want it quick buy elsewhere, if you want it cheap and can wait for delivery then give them a go!

Advertisement