Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neil79

Hi Chris,

Any idea when you might have the Speick aftershave lotion back in stock?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Neil79 wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Any idea when you might have the Speick aftershave lotion back in stock?

Cheers.

Hi Neil, There is some on the way soon. I would say it will arrive in 9 or 10 days.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Any suggestions re shaving soap on shaving.ie, I've been alternating between DR Harris and Col Conk soap and Taylor shaving cream but my stocks are running low. Might get a new shaving brush too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

pawrick wrote: »
    Any suggestions re shaving soap on shaving.ie, I've been alternating between DR Harris and Col Conk soap and Taylor shaving cream but my stocks are running low. Might get a new shaving brush too.
    This is a fantastic soap.
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/valobra-fougere-hard-shaving-soap.html

Chris, any chance of stocking some of the Fine aftershave products? http://www.fineaccoutrements.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I've tried a few, dr Harris, Proraso, Nannies and the Irish handmade ones and found Mitchell's Wool Fat to be by far the best.
    The only problem with the Mitchell's is that the nice (and expensive) ceramic bowl doesn't cope well with wet hands and ceramic floor tiles :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Rosahane wrote: »
    I've tried a few, dr Harris, Proraso, Nannies and the Irish handmade ones and found Mitchell's Wool Fat to be by far the best.
    The only problem with the Mitchell's is that the nice (and expensive) ceramic bowl doesn't cope well with wet hands and ceramic floor tiles :(

I've yet to experience that mishap with the MWF ceramic dish but have managed it with two ceramic mugs. Such a crappy feeling when it happens :(

Chris, any chance of stocking some of the Fine aftershave products? http://www.fineaccoutrements.com/

I'm afraid not. Transporting aftershave/cologne from the US would be very cost prohibitive.

@pawrick another vote for Mitchell's here.

Will put an order in so during the week based on the advice given. Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Can't go wrong with Arko in my opinion. Inexpensive but not cheap. One stick lasts me six months.

Ordered the mitchells wool fat refill - I still have a few DR Harris refills laying about so I'm not stuck, just wanted to try something different. The Col Conk was my go to soap but that's gone now and I was kinda tired of it anyhow.

Also ordered a tester of the speick aftershave lotion to see what it's like and a new muhle brush and the edwin jagger shaving mug.

Will give reviews on the site after I get them.

• Advertisement

My order arrived this morning, very quick. Everything was perfect and really pleased with the look of the brush (Mühle kosmo silvertip synthetic in brown) in particular. Nice weight to it and looks very well with the cream mug. Can't wait to give the new soap a go. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Rosahane

My order arrived this morning, very quick. Everything was perfect and really pleased with the look of the brush (Mühle kosmo silvertip synthetic in brown) in particular. Nice weight to it and looks very well with the cream mug. Can't wait to give the new soap a go. Thanks

I found this technique very effective with the Mitclell's

http://youtu.be/_MGLi_m9n_s

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Have you got the Wilkins Sword Blades in a bulk pack option?

Yes, they are currently out of stock but will most likely be back this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

Hi,I'm looking at buying a DE razor,I'm using one at the moment,one I came across in an antiques shop,its a simple travel kit one but want to get a better quality one.
    Can anyone tell me what the differences are between Standard Closed Comb and Open Comb & Slant Bar razors?

The open comb and slant bar razors are more aggressive than the closed comb razors.

Some people find they get a closer shave using a more aggressive razor, however as they are more aggressive you have more of a chance of cutting yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goonso

Thanks for that,think I'll go with the closed comb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Hi Chris,

Any chance of getting in some RazorRock XXX shaving soap?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hi Chris,

Any chance of getting in some RazorRock XXX shaving soap?

He's on holidays again.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

kneemos wrote: »
    He's on holidays again.

Usually how long does he go on holidays? Any idea? Because, the website mentioned that it's closed for holidays till Oct 13, later updated the holidays to be till Oct 20, and now it's mentioned till Oct 30.:)

• Advertisement

mac.in wrote: »
    Usually how long does he go on holidays? Any idea? Because, the website mentioned that it's closed for holidays till Oct 13, later updated the holidays to be till Oct 20, and now it's mentioned till Oct 30.:)

From my experience, I've not seem him change his return date before so just keep an eye on the site I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Wow. Not often you see a website close like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

The website doesn't say he is on holidays, it says they will be closed until October 31st. There could be a number of reasons behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

nc6000 wrote: »
    The website doesn't say he is on holidays, it says they will be closed until October 31st. There could be a number of reasons behind this.

The website did mention as holidays till Oct 13 initially and then updated as till Oct 20 and later it's mentioned as closed till Oct 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

mac.in wrote: »
    The website did mention as holidays till Oct 13 initially and then updated as till Oct 20 and later it's mentioned as closed till Oct 31.

May not be the forum to be asking this question - but are there any good alternatives to Shaving.ie?
    I found the bottom of my TOBS Coconut Shaving cream this morning - an order is badly needing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mr Velo wrote: »
    May not be the forum to be asking this question - but are there any good alternatives to Shaving.ie?
    I found the bottom of my TOBS Coconut Shaving cream this morning - an order is badly needing :o

4Men.ie.Don't know what they're like though.

kneemos wrote: »
    4Men.ie.Don't know what they're like though.

I've used them numerous times and they have always been fine. They used to do a 'fiver friday' that were always good for stuff. Not sure if they still do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taylor-Street-Coconut-Shaving-Cream/dp/B008YDXM28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413997671&sr=8-1&keywords=taylors+of+old+bond+street+coconut

Another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neil79

And if it's convenient for you, Knights barbers in the St Stephen's Green shopping centre has a good range of TOBS cream for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Is he owner of Shaving.ie okay?

Advertisement