Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Please Read** Match Tickets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

pc7 wrote: »
    When are you heading over? If you are arriving Friday you can collect them between 9-5 rather than match day. I was onto the ticket office as wasn't keen on doing it match day.
    That's what bothered me too - we're not going over until the Saturday, so I sent an email about getting delivery to Ireland. It'll be interesting to see what it costs - they said they would keep my email on file and contact me several weeks before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Yeah i contacted them too and got same response. Wonder how much they will charge for posting? Im arriving on Saturday morning so could collect them then if it is open on Saturdays.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Not sure if they are open the saturday, the reply I got was 'The ticket centre will be open from 9am on match day and in the week leading up to the match from 9am to 5pm.' so not sure if that includes saturday. We said as we are there early Friday morning we will just get them on the way in from the airport. Or following on from you guys might look at getting them posted over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Howdy.

Could anyone tell me if id have any chance of picking up 2 tickets to the Wales vs Ireland 6 nations match?
    I have never gone to an international before so have no idea about the ways to get tickets, are there "away supporters" tickets i can get through MRSC or do I need to go via club or whats the craic?

Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to look for tickets to the home six nations games, thinking of them as a present for xmas if they are still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ec18 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to look for tickets to the home six nations games, thinking of them as a present for xmas if they are still available?

they wont be on general sale

home to France and England, two high demand games

join supporters club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

ec18 wrote: »

Via clubs would be your best bet...

Also season ticket holders of the provinces usually get an option to put their name into a lottery. I know they do this for leinster anyway. No guarantee of a ticket though...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Howye lads,
    Just wonderin about the Leinster game 2moro. Is there anywhere around the ground I could get tickets, not from a tout obviously. Looked at Ticketmaster but they aren't great tickets that's left!

Howye lads,
    Just wonderin about the Leinster game 2moro. Is there anywhere around the ground I could get tickets, not from a tout obviously. Looked at Ticketmaster but they aren't great tickets that's left!

Some people might have spares in pubs etc and willing to let them go for face value...

What sections are left that you think aren't great? To be honest, I've pretty much sat in every seat possible in Lansdowne Road and I've never had a bad view...

Some people might have spares in pubs etc and willing to let them go for face value...

What sections are left that you think aren't great? To be honest, I've pretty much sat in every seat possible in Lansdowne Road and I've never had a bad view...

501, 502, 528 and 529 all have tickets left, in cheaper areas that is! Budget isn't the highest!

• Advertisement

501, 502, 528 and 529 all have tickets left, in cheaper areas that is! Budget isn't the highest!

Nothing wrong with the views from there....

Nothing wrong with the views from there....

Might have a go so! Haven't been to Aviva since it reopened but sure if you say the views are grand sure might try it!

Might have a go so! Haven't been to Aviva since it reopened but sure if you say the views are grand sure might try it!

Yeah, you'll be grand there. Enjoy the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Anyone know where I can pick up tickets for Leinster v Connacht tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but here goes. Me and a couple of friends are going heading out to Musgrave Park for the Munster game in Febuary and I was jsut wondering what the best way to get out there is? Also how long before the game would it be a good idea to arrive and finally is there a pub nearby to hang out in if we're early? Anything else I should bear in mind?

Anyone get their tickets for the Scottish game yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

PaddyCar wrote: »

Who did you order them from? I got mine from the SRU before Christmas, but I do live in Glasgow

Ordered them from scottishrugby. Didt get them yet but got email last week saying they were ready for posting once i paid the £8 overseas delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I ordered from Ticketmaster UK before Christmas and got the email from SRU last week about delivery. Rang them, paid the £8 and received the tickets yesterday. They arrived by courier (well, a guy driving a Ford Focus!), but were just dropped through the letterbox - no signature required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

mackg wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this but here goes. Me and a couple of friends are going heading out to Musgrave Park for the Munster game in Febuary and I was jsut wondering what the best way to get out there is? Also how long before the game would it be a good idea to arrive and finally is there a pub nearby to hang out in if we're early? Anything else I should bear in mind?

Just saw this now..

It's about a 30 minute walk from the city centre, so it's easy walking distance. Or, you could grab a taxi, or take the 203 bus which goes right by the stadium. If you're cheeky, you could take the (free) Park 'n' Ride bus which goes to a car across the road from the stadium. Once there, you'll be inside in 5 minutes, there are never big queues.

Outside the stadium, there aren't any great pubs; the Tory Top is the only one close by. You could try the Hawthorn pub, it's a nice spot right by the Lough (can grab food there as well) and it's a 10-15 minute walk from Musgrave. Otherwise, try pubs in Turners Cross, or in the city centre. PM me if you've any questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Are ticket exchanges allowed on the forum? Need to swap 2 Premium Level tickets for any 3 of another category.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Trying to get tickets for the Legends game but can't seem to do so on Ticketmaster. I presume its not sold out? would tickets be available at the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

PaddyCar wrote: »

Usually go to Edinburgh each time Ireland are playing and each time we just pick up our tickets at Murrayfield an hour before the game.

Once you order online with the SRU, just pick them up at the portacabin thingy just inside the gates of the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭OldRio

Tweet from IRFU

Tickets for the Scotland and Italian matches available via Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Maybe not the right place to post this, but I was wondering if a fellow Ulsterman somewhere might be able to help me out...

So...need a bit of help with the ticket office. I ordered four tickets to Sarries-Ulster off Ulster's ticket site. So far so good. This was the first time I'd booked online, as I normally pay on the day if I'm over in Belfast and buy from the visiting club for games in England (currently live over here). Anyway, I clearly forgot to read the small print, and apparently away tickets are only able to be picked up in person from the TO. I'm hoping this might be different for such a high profile match, but yeah, that's what the booking confirmation message says.

I've sent them an email explaining that I live in Sheffield and won't be over in Ireland until at least May...how likely is it that they'll make an exception? And am I definately right that they won't be posted out (this is really confusing me as I've paid £1 for postage...but they have said quite clearly they don't post for awaydays). They haven't got back to me yet after two days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I have 3 Heineken Cup Final tickets that I'd like to swap for 3 Amlin Final tickets if anyone is interested in swapping? No cash involved just straight swap, can you pm if interested.
    ok'd this with a mod before posting.

Gone - 3 very happy Leinster fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samh17

I have 4 tickets for the Amlin final that I would like to swap for the HEC final.
    Would prefer to have 4 together or 2 sets of 2, as I'm taking the kids along.
    All 4 for the Amlin final are together in the South stand.

Thanks
    sam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

samh17 wrote: »
    Hope this is ok to post this on this topic - I already posted on 'Match Tickets' but wasn't too sure, so -
    I have 4 tickets for the Amlin final that I would like to swap for the HEC final.
    Would prefer to have 4 together or 2 sets of 2, as I'm taking the kids along.
    All 4 for the Amlin final are together in the South stand.

Thanks
    Sam

not certain that this post will stay long.

Leinster tweeted yesterday that they are permitting ticket swaps / sales on their forum on babblingbrook - http://forum.leinsterfans.com/index.php

Failing that, Twitter seems a good place to organise tickets.

Bernard Jackman sorting me out at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samh17

Thanks Emmet,
    I've tried to register for that site without success - not sure what the problem is!
    If you know anyone on there looking to swap tickets please feel free to point them in my direction.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Based on pc7's mod clearance...

I've 2 HEC tix (West Lower), looking to swap for 2 Amlin stand tix....

Advertisement