Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 1a(1) - The Aptitude Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 popsypya

And does anyone know if you can bring a stop watch to the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Hi, i just booked today, i've to go up to Dublin, is it Abbey Centre or something? Does anyone know where it is?

Btw i did it a couple years ago and i can't remember anybody giving out about stopwatches or watches so i'd say you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

popsypya wrote: »

no problem afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Managed to get hold of the book in waterstones in Cork earlier today.. gonna study hard now for the next two weeks have my test on the 11th.

Also booked a consultation for the laser surgery on my eyes, am dreading it... anyone here that has had it done?

Had it done a few days ago and went back for a check up today - almost at 20/20 vision now and well inside the requirements for the Gardai. Op itself was painless and very quick - less than 30 mins and was back home in an hour and half. After a day got a bit sore and sight went down but recovered quickly. Definitely recommend it if you need it.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Hi, i just booked today, i've to go up to Dublin, is it Abbey Centre or something? Does anyone know where it is?

Btw i did it a couple years ago and i can't remember anybody giving out about stopwatches or watches so i'd say you'll be ok.

chapter house,abbey street-at the luas stop

• Advertisement

shakin wrote: »
    chapter house,abbey street-at the luas stop

Thats the one, cheers, mine is on the 26th but doing a course in Athlone on Sunday to refresh on it. Best of luck everyone!

Thats the one, cheers, mine is on the 26th but doing a course in Athlone on Sunday to refresh on it. Best of luck everyone!

any chance you could pm which course your getting?

Does anyone have a link to the form we need to email off before the 5th or 6th of June after we have applied for our position in the apptitude test? Link anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Please find requested link below:

http://www.publicjobs.ie/downloads/Stage_II_Application_Form.doc

If this does not work, proceed as follows:

(i) Go to www.publicjobs.ie.
    (ii) Click on "campaign updates" (on upper left side of home page).
    (iii) Click on "In Progress Campaigns" (underlined and in blue text).
    (iv) Scroll down to "Garda Trainee May 2008".
    (v) You will find it here along with other supporting documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Hey kerry4sam, I sent you a pm. Just wondering if you could pm me the name of the book? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Its not the Special K Books is it? There supposed to be the best!

Its not the special k Books is it? There supposed to be the best!

dunno if you can mention that?

Um edited:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

Hi kerry4sam,

could you pm me aswel with the name of the book. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

karlokarl wrote: »
    Hey kerry4sam, I sent you a pm. Just wondering if you could pm me the name of the book? Thanks!
    horse1 wrote: »
    Hi kerry4sam,

could you pm me aswel with the name of the book. thanks

Just sent you both on a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just sent you both on a PM :)

hey kerry would you mind sending me on the name of the book too please :D

soundlad wrote: »
    hey kerry would you mind sending me on the name of the book too please :D

soundlad just sent you on a PM :)

I don't think their will be need for one being honest with you ... They tell you when you've a few minutes to go and they have two fairly big clocks at the front of the hall should you have the time to look up from your papers :D I don't remember looking up for sectionB at all and jump when he said "TIME" as i was just on the last question and answered it but for A then I watched the clock count-down :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Crap crap crap, rang this morning to sort out a date for aptitude test to be told that all the slots are gone & i have to wait until July :(
    Now, before anyone jumps in & says i should have rang them on Wednesday i couldn't i was trying to arrange a child minder for the day before i rang so that if i got an appointment i wouldn't have to change it!
    :eek:

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Crap crap crap, rang this morning to sort out a date for aptitude test to be told that all the slots are gone & i have to wait until July :(
    Now, before anyone jumps in & says i should have rang them on Wednesday i couldn't i was trying to arrange a child minder for the day before i rang so that if i got an appointment i wouldn't have to change it!
    :eek:

Ah no, sorry to hear it, i rang yesterday and could only get a place in Dublin, but yer one on the phone said places were booking up quick...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

i thought the only place you could do them was dublin!!

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    i thought the only place you could do them was dublin!!

it is!

soundlad just sent you on a PM :)

you should start charging them!:D

it is!

Really? Mine was in Mountmellick 2 years ago.... Which i failed obviously!

Really? Mine was in Mountmellick 2 years ago.... Which i failed obviously!

i think last year was the first year in a while they were brought back to dublin.
    they are in chapter house this time as opposed to parnell sq last year

you should start charging them!:D

I should be on some sort of commission :p

Crap crap crap, rang this morning to sort out a date for aptitude test to be told that all the slots are gone & i have to wait until July :(...

Ah jeez man, sorry to hear that ... At least you don't have long to wait though :)

Crap crap crap, rang this morning to sort out a date for aptitude test to be told that all the slots are gone & i have to wait until July :( ...

Larger numbers than anticipated applied ... I've never heard about this happening before ... Does that mean they are re-opening the campaign in July or just taking on the people who signed up in May i wonder :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Larger numbers than anticipated applied ... I've never heard about this happening before ... Does that mean they are re-opening the campaign in July or just taking on the people who signed up in May i wonder :confused:

the downturn in the economy seems to be pushing up the demand for secure jobs such as an GS it seems !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I was given to understand it was only the May leftovers :(
    Wonder do i still need to send that form in by June 5th?
    Going to do it anyway and send an explanatory email with it, better be safe than sorry

Advertisement