Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Yaris recall

• 13-12-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Brought my Toyota Yaris to the designated dealer on Friday 10/12/16 for the latest recall ( driver airbag gas cannister replacement ) . i didn't drive much over the weekend . this morning 13/12/16 while driving to work the battery light was flashing .i had to park up and walk the last few miles in case it stopped in busy traffic . the question are these two linked do they disconnect something to do with the battery charging to fix the airbag. battery is only 14 mth old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has the car been not used much recently or getting small 3-5 mile runs at max?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chricurry

no use it all the time normal run is approx 13 mile to work and back daily did a 14 mile run after i had it with the dealership on friday then again this morning when the battery light started flashing

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Have you checked the connections are tight on the battery terminals ?
    They would probably have disconnected the battery when replacing the gas canister

thanks i will do that when i have a break from work had a feeling it might be something they disconnected i will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Temperature has dropped a little in the past few weeks and you'll be doing more driving with lights on. Batteries hate the cold and their isn't much under the bonnet of the Yaris to keep the ambient temperature up. Likewise, they don't have a massive alternator, so short runs with lights, cabin heating and cold will put some strain on your recharge cycle. I replaced the battery in an A3 after less than a year, combination of a poor cell in the battery and the cold.

I'd check the terminals first but I'd follow that up with a long charge or a decently long drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes check the terminals, could also be possibility that the dealer left a car door open while doing the fix and so battery drained to nothing with internal light on and they restarted car with booster pack so power level in battery is low.

terminals all were tight gave the car a long run all seems fine now maybe they it was a combination of low battery + cold start + lights on will have to keep an eye on it in future thanks for all your input

Advertisement