Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ps3 and Ps4 battlefield 4 thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

The downloadable version is €9.99, the physical copies can only be swapped in participating stores for €14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Think the only places you can trade for the physical copy in Ireland is Gamestop, or Game if you can head up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Abominable JoMan

GerB40 wrote: »
    The Wire better than Breaking Bad is controversial... But then there's The Sopranos. And even though its only three seasons in Game of Thrones is shaping up to be quite the contender. By the way The Wire is better than Breaking Bad in my opinion (slightly). Anyway back to Battlefield. I'm hopping on the bandwagon myself and I'll be noob as a motherfúcker so here's my psn name. GerryB-- Send an oul friend request if ya want or whatever..

Sopranos aye, good call, certainly up there. Sound man will do, I'll have it on PS4 though so if ya get the chance to get the ps4, have a few games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

Hey guys Im looking for a squad, my PSN: llViP3rll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

ViP3r wrote: »

Squading up isn't really working at the moment though, never any room in the servers and the lobby system isn't working. It is a pain
    resize_1.gif

• Advertisement

that defeats the purpose of a team based game lol

All the same id love to have a mate or two to hang with :)

I've been in games with a few boardsies, it's a struggle to try and get onto the same side never mind the same squad ! I'll add you when I get home ViP3r, should be able to put in a few hours this weekend.

Anyone tried the commander iOS app yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

that defeats the purpose of a team based game lol

All the same id love to have a mate or two to hang with :)
    ill be on later if you're around, my psn is my boards username xoxo

Did you mistype here ? Tried to add you with two l's, i's, straight line symbols - couldn't find ya.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Did you mistype here ? Tried to add you with two l's, i's, straight line symbols - couldn't find ya.

I think his name is just the vip3r?

• Advertisement

Sorry guys! Those are lower case 'L'!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

gonna jump on in half an hour if anyone is up for a few games

Sorry guys! Those are lower case 'L'!

still not showing up for me , can you add me skip_v2

Hi there,

I am going onto my second service star for Support class so obviously I have all the unlocks on this class. However I can’t use the second last two perks, i.e. Perimeter Defence and the other one even though when I go to look at them it is marked “unlocked” on my profile.

Has anyone else experienced this and anyone any ideas? As typical with life I would actually have interest in Perimeter Defence having notched up 50 claymore kills already!

PSN: KOB79LFC

djskip316i wrote: »
    still not showing up for me , can you add me skip_v2

Skip, good chopper use on Haitan Resort obliteration the other day!

[PSN: KOB79LFC]

mozattack wrote: »

I wonder was that the same match that my game crashed on ? We were 1-0 up and you'd just joined on the other team when I froze up. Checked the final results later on and two or three other boardsies had joined you and won 3-1 :)

Had to leave the game off for a while, was having a great game - controller almost went through the tv when it froze !

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

I wonder was that the same match that my game crashed on ? We were 1-0 up and you'd just joined on the other team when I froze up. Checked the final results later on and two or three other boardsies had joined you and won 3-1 :)

Had to leave the game off for a while, was having a great game - controller almost went through the tv when it froze !

I joined in on a few obliteration games over the weekend, and I think this was one of them. There was a pretty great chopper pilot on the go who helped me plant, so if it was you Skip, I thank you!

Having mike issues otherwise I would've said hello!

chickenboy wrote: »
    Having mike issues otherwise I would've said hello!

What sort of issues ? Mine doesn't seem to work in game at all. Not sure if it's a game problem or I've it set up wrong ?

What sort of issues ? Mine doesn't seem to work in game at all. Not sure if it's a game problem or I've it set up wrong ?

I get sound fine but I don't seem to be able to speak through it. It's been a year or so since I last tried it out so I'm not sure if it's something in my settings or if I just stepped on it / ran over it with the hoover one day!

We could hear you in one of our games slightly. But it sounded like you had the voice changer on :P

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We could hear you in one of our games slightly. But it sounded like you had the voice changer on :P

Ah right, I couldn't hear anyone else. Must take a look at the settings. Don't think it has a voice changer, maybe I just sound weird, the monaghan accents not a great one ! :)

Ah right, I couldn't hear anyone else. Must take a look at the settings. Don't think it has a voice changer, maybe I just sound weird ??? :)

voice changer is in the accessory settings menu on your ps3 :) yeah edit the settings shur and we'll squad up.

Voice works fine on the game to be honest. For all the problems at least that isnt an issue, unlike when BF3 came out of course.

{PSN: KOB79LFC}

Anyone on today. I cannot survive with the random blueberries

I'll be on after 7 for a few hours.
    Have to ask, what's a blueberry in the battlefield context ? I realise even asking probably makes me one, so I'd like to know !

I'll be on after 7 for a few hours.
    Have to ask, what's a blueberry in the battlefield context ? I realise even asking probably makes me one, so I'd like to know !

The people on your team who arent in your squad have Blue names etc. They are 90% of the time **** so we call em blueberries :P Dunno why really

Probably on after half nine for a while; depends on when I can get the other half to relinquish the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Will try and get on this tonight. Havent had a game in ages. Bloody real life

mozattack wrote: »

[PSN: KOB79LFC]

Yeah was a good game alright will have my mic on tonight , unlocked everything for the scout chopper last , Finding it a lot easier to rank up vehicles a lot faster than bf3 , Jumping on now for a few hours if anyone is up for a few games , BTW has anyone else got the the single player assignment weapons on multiplayer , completed campaign last week and havent got any of the weapons .

• Advertisement

Only managed to jump in for half a game last night, obliteration on Hainan. Dunno about the rest of ye, but it was pretty laggy for me, lots of bullet sponges/bending bullets/dying behind cover going on.

Advertisement