Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Source of machined timber

• 23-11-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of making a workbench for my shed.

I have a design idea for some simple, sturdy drawers to go under the bench.

The drawers would be made from a simple box of 5x2 planed with a 1/2 inch ply base.

Ideally I'd like to rebate the base into the sides.

This would involve cutting a 1/2 x 1 inch rebate in the 5x2, like so:

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx
    xx

However I'm not equipped to do such work, and much and all as I love buying tools I'll rarely have use for a table saw.

Does anyone have a suggestion of somewhere in/near cork or south tipp that would sell me timber and do the cutting too?

Or would someone here be interested?

I'd need 6 16 foot lengths.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Find any joiner in your area. When I needed timber ripped to size for my boat project, I brought it to Swinford Joinery Works and they did a lovely job on it.

If they don't want to supply the timber themselves, they'll tell you who will.

Advertisement