Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Falklands War The Second?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

What day was that?

If memory serves, it was in May or June 1963. I can't remember where I saw it, mind, if I ever do see it again, I'll be sure to post here.

NTM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Donny5 wrote: »
    Not at all. The only countries will a No-First-Use policy are China, India and (for whatever their word is worth) North Korea. All other countries have warned they would consider using nuclear weapons first, and although Britain has stated that they would only use nuclear weapons defensively, retaliation to an invasion of the Falklands would certainly be defensive. The Blair administration even threatened Iraq with a nuclear strike should they deploy chemical or biological weapons against British troops during the 2003 invasion.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS16BXBn8MNJwmXuipnSVzobOqM4woWOfMjWtP-GvvCgVcADIW6

The Brits couldn't even attack Libya for Lockerbie so stop kidding yourself that they could drop a nuclear bomb on anyone never mind a conflict over two craggy islands somewhere in the south Atlantic with a population little over 2,000 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Get real FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

The Brits couldn't even attack Libya for Lockerbie so stop kidding yourself that they could drop a nuclear bomb on anyone never mind a conflict over two craggy islands somewhere in the south Atlantic with a population little over 2,000 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Get real FFS

They did partake in the bombing of Libya in the mid 1980s.

US planes were given licence to take off and fly over British air space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Donny5 wrote: »
    Not at all. The only countries will a No-First-Use policy are China, India and (for whatever their word is worth) North Korea. All other countries have warned they would consider using nuclear weapons first, and although Britain has stated that they would only use nuclear weapons defensively, retaliation to an invasion of the Falklands would certainly be defensive. The Blair administration even threatened Iraq with a nuclear strike should they deploy chemical or biological weapons against British troops during the 2003 invasion.

Argentina is ranked at 49 in world military spending,the republic 61, the UK 3.

It would actually be easier for the republic to invade Scotland then Argentina to invade the Falklands.

It could send special forces to take the airstrip, but they would be wiped out by the battalion on the island, any naval threat dealt with by the sub and destroyer down there, which can wipe their navy out from 300 miles away, any air threat by the four typhoons.

Its not 1982, they have no chance of taking the Falklands.

Infact I would question if the UK has to many military forces down there.

Nuclear weapons dont come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

The Commie Tommy, Happy Monday and Crusader - You've got the wrong end of the stick. I don't think Argentina will invade, not do I think the U.K. would even consider nuclear retaliation.

All I said was the U.K. doesn't have, nor has it ever had, a No-First-Use policy. Anything else you think I said was only in your heads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement