Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Alto 2002 - any views?

• 13-10-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭

went to look at a Suziki Alto 2002 1.1 5Dr today for my daughter for 1,000 eur - 97,000 on clock, needs rear exhaust box, bit of rust (looks like surface though) around top of front shock mountings as viewed from top when opening bonnet. Tax out , NCT til march 2015.

Looks to me decent enough but ive never had any dealings with suziki cars , and never owned one - most of the reviews ive read on the internet say its a economical car, reliable if just a bit plain, and a bit noisy when driving and cramped inside. - Just said to the bloke seling it that was just gonna price up the back box and get back to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

Seems a bit much for something that needs work.a exhaust from the breakers is going to cost 30/40 plus fitting,rust can be a dangerous game if it failed it's next test on it could cost a few hundred to fix and could be hard to find someone to chop out the old and weld in new.

1k would be top money for a fairly clean one,anything needing work 500

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

vinnie13 wrote: »
    Seems a bit much for something that needs work.a exhaust from the breakers is going to cost 30/40 plus fitting,rust can be a dangerous game if it failed it's next test on it could cost a few hundred to fix and could be hard to find someone to chop out the old and weld in new.

1k would be top money for a fairly clean one,anything needing work 500

thanks vinnie13

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wouldnt the fact that it has NCT on it and that its year 2002 and that it only has 97,000 on the clock make it worth more than €500euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here is a 2004 with even less mileage for not a huge amount more:

33988464.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car-for-sale/7871975

Or a 2003 here with a long test for €1150:

32371790.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-alto/7537388

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think that red one has been for sale since early summer. I must've put it up on bangernomics about 3 or 4 times already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

wouldnt the facmaintenanceat it has NCT on it and that its year 2002 and that it only has 97,000 on the clock make it worth more than €500euro?

Not really,due to it needing work.most of the smaller city type cars will have fairly low mileage because they usually only do short runs.
    Unless you have your heart set on one of them I would consider something else
    Corsa fiesta micra 206 all cheap to run and maintain plus should find one around your budget

Advertisement