Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java GSSP-JAVA

Options
  • 17-01-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to undertake a security certification or training course this year but I'm quite new to the security side of IT so I was looking for some much needed guidance.

My background is purely as a developer in web technologies so the Sans Secure Software Programmer - Java caught my eye.

http://www.giac.org/certification/secure-software-programmer-java-gssp-java

Just wondering has anyone taken this exam?? Is it tough etc etc?!?

I doubt my company will pay to send me on a Sans course (I hear they are serious $$$$$) so do you believe it is realistic to pass this cert exam by only reading/learning the Sans material independently.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    And if you would like more info free feel to ask.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you'd be better asking in the development or security forums by the looks of things

Advertisement