Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Week 7 Day 1

PM: 25 min core work

Week 7 day 2

25 min easy 8x100m hill strides 25 min easy (8 miles total approx)

felt a bit lethargic today but plugged away and was happy enough with it

Week 7 day 3

Rest

Week 7 day 4

7 miles approx in 46 min (6.37 mile pace) + 3x200m walk 200 recovery

200s

Today had all the makings of a bad trainin day to start i was feeling kinda sick after dinner got to club to find out that all the guys were racing tomorrow night so i was training on my own when really wasnt motivated to do anythin.five min into the run up came my dinner but once got that out of the day i felt great and kept upping the tempo so just kept pushing on. When i got back to track then was hoping to do the 2s in sub 35 was all about getting the legs turning over so needless to say was shocked when i saw 29 despite them feeling quite controlled. All in all a great day trainin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Fitzington

Good going man, the 200s looked fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ecoli wrote: »

Today had all the makings of a bad trainin day to start i was feeling kinda sick after dinner got to club to find out that all the guys were racing tomorrow night

Cheers for the mail.
    What race are they doing, is it in house or sth worth taking my camera to?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭p3-fitz

bring the camera i am racing :p

p3-fitz wrote: »
    bring the camera i am racing :p

When and where though, did he mean the IMC races on Saturday?

Woddle wrote: »
    When and where though, did he mean the IMC races on Saturday?

No it an in house club race

Cheers, I'll be heading to the IMC on Saturday if you've any interest

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    Cheers, I'll be heading to the IMC on Saturday if you've any interest

Would love to go however as my car is a write off i need all the hours i can get in work to get a new one so i agreed to work tomorrow sorry man

Okay slipped up on keeping up to date the last few days on my log so here goes

Week 7 day 7

8.5 miles in 1 hour (7 mile pace)

Week 8 Day 1

6.5 mile in 45 (7.15 pace)

Was dying dunno was it dehydration or whatever but just didnt feel good

Week 8 day 2

8.5 mile in 60 min (7 min mile pace)

went with P3Fitz today and was good to have the company. Suffered after it though for no running related reasons. A was stung me on the neck and when i thought it was gone turned out to be caught in my singlet, the result was 4 stings haha

Been a while since i updated this for few reasons.
    1. Was mainly mileage so pretty much always the same
    2. trainin was quite lax as i was in base building phase

Now that i am back in serious training fully fit and ready to race i said i would revive it so here goes.
    Week 1
    Day 1
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 60 min easy

Day 2
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 6x800m (hilly cross country loop) 2-2.30 min recovery
    quickest: 2.28 slowest: 2.38 average time 2.35

Day 3
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 60 min easy

Day 4
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 5x 2min hills (Hellfire Club) walk recovery

Day 5
    Rest

Day 6
    AM 90 min steady
    PM 20 min Core workout

Day 7
    PM 4x 1300m loop approx (Hilly Phoenix Park Loop) 30 min recovery
    Quickest:4.28 Slowest: 4.37 Average 4:30

Week 2 Day 2
    AM 30 min recovery run
    PM 45 min easy

Legs were feeling fairly tired after the session yesterday and it didnt help with the fact that i got called into work so i was pushed for time to get in my second run so i had to cut it short but i will make it up with extra five min here and there over the week. All and all training goin really well i am feeling very strong and though i have only started doubling since last week i can feel that my legs recover alot quicker

Week 2 Day 2

AM 30 min easy
    Afternoon 2x2mile (track) 5.40 mile pace with 3 min recovery 11.20, 11.19
    PM BEER MILE

Week 2 Day 3
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 70 min easy plus 20 min core

Week 2 Day 4
    AM 30 min easy
    PM 5x1200m (cross country loop)
    times: 3.56, 3.58,4.01,4.02 3.52

reall happy with this as we had a new training partner who is goin to help push the current group on however it also laid down a bit of a gaunlet to make a good session and it is the first time i have been anywhere near the 4 min mark for this hilly loop so i was really happy

Week 2 Day 5
    Rest

Week 2 Day 6
    1hr 45 long run
    approx 15-16 miles

Such a tough course i never knew places like that existed for running but so happy i managed it

Week 2 Day 7

4x1300m (Phoenix park loop)

Times: 4.34, 4.37, 4.38 and 4.37

PM 20 min core workout

When i woke up today i knew that the run was gonna be in my legs and i felt it big time so i had kinda said to myself ignore the times and just get out and run them but i was pleased to see that they were fairly fast and all as quick or quicker than my slowest last week so despite not being better this week off very tired legs i felt the session went better than the last

Total weekly: 74 miles

Week 3 day 1

AM 55 min easy
    PM 30 min easy

Legs stilll hurting from the weekend so good to rest up and flush the legs out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

ecoli wrote: »
    Week 3 day 1

AM 55 min easy
    PM 30 min easy

Legs stilll hurting from the weekend so good to rest up and flush the legs out

Which loop do you use in the park to do the 1300m , is that up past the fort then down the hills back up and through the forest?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Which loop do you use in the park to do the 1300m , is that up past the fort then down the hills back up and through the forest?

that the loop except rather than the traditional view( (Munich Loop) of heading up through the forest we loop around itto make up the extra difference

Week 3 Day 2

AM: 30 min easy
    PM: 5x2 min hills (Hell Fire Club) walk half jog half recovery

The bubble seems to have finally burst i was not to happy with this session as i was slightly slower than usual the legs felt tired. I suppose i should take the fact i only got 4 hours sleep last night and the shortened recovery but for some reason i still not happy maybe with the major improvements i have been making over the last few weeks that i am putting greater expectations on myself

Week 3 Day 3

AM 30 min easy
    PM 65 min easy

at this stage of the week the body still pretty tired and i have been question whether should continue with session tommorow or leave it and ease off coming up to the race i think i will be okay with easing up fri and sat but am kinda aprehensive. Still this not my key race so i am just gonna train through and see how it goes

Week 3 Day 4

AM 30 min easy

was supposed to do a session in the evening but i decided against it as my legs have been fairly tired this week and wanna have a good performance come rathfarnam this weekend so i thought it would be more productive

Week 3 Day 5

REST

Week 3 Day 6

AM 30 min easy

body not feeling good for race really tired but hoping that will be okay with the day off work and an early night

Week 3 Day 7

Race - Rathfarnam 5k

Body felt a little better but still not a hundred per cent though i figured that this was down to nerves as this was the first race i planned to be competitive for and was in shape for since last years Dublin Senior XC Championship.
    My target for this race was sub 16 so i figured splits to be roughly 5.00, 5.10 and 5.10 and see what i had for the last two hundred.
    Went out hard at the gun was feeling good slight niggle in my calf but nothing to worry about. I worked hard and saw i was with my training partner and another club member i decided to push up on their shoulders and would be on target. Got to the first mile however and got a shock 4.41!!!!! I knew the first mile was always going to be quick but this was way too fast.i thought to myself i was going to die at some stage but hopefully i could hold on strong till i had enough of a cushion to still hit my times. 3k rolled on hit in 9.58 and knew my chance at sub 16 was gone by 2 mile hit 10.37 and was completely demoralized. last mile i limped home not really caring because so annoyed about making such an amateur mistake
    Final time: 17.13

While i am annoyed at this there are a few positives to take. Last two years i have done this race i have been 17.20 like because it usually first race of season it still early days. other thing is my legs felt really good after like I have hurt more after a hard training session than i did post race so it shows i have the strength. hopefully this blip will be out of the system and take it on board for the novices next week

Total mileage this week: 51

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

That's still a cracking time, ecoli, especially for your first race of the season. And you'll be able to learn from it for the Novices. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry you didn't hit your goal, but as guerito said, it's still a cracking time.

• Advertisement

Sorry you didn't hit your goal, but as guerito said, it's still a cracking time.

Cheers lads i just a bit frustrated because i know from training that there a low 16 at the very least in there.
    Official results: 17.09

Advertisement