Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, you said you wanted psychological anime...how do you feel about giant mechas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

Well, you said you wanted psychological anime...how do you feel about giant mechas?

Hmm, Mecha isn't really my thing to be honest :L Don't really know why it just never appealed to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

OK then, how about Serial Experiments Lain? There's some deep psychological stuff in that.

There's also Madoka, but prepare for the feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seems Anime Limited has put Samurai Flamenco up onto Netflix. I thought it was a good series, can kinda go off the deep end a few episodes in but if you follow it to the end it does make a weird kind of sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi! New here and to anime :) Only started watching it since September last year. Mainly into Psychological, Thriller, Horror and Action anime :) And a bit of Ghibli too of course xD

Death Note?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Seems Anime Limited has put Samurai Flamenco up onto Netflix. I thought it was a good series, can kinda go off the deep end a few episodes in but if you follow it to the end it does make a weird kind of sense.

Not up on American netflixs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Not up on American netflixs at all.

Of course not, Anime Limited are a UK company and as such they put it up on the UK and Irish versions. Aniplex have the US rights.

Death Note?

Yeah!! Love Death Note :) One of my favourite anime! Possibly the only anime I felt suspense throughout, loved the dynamic between L and Light...made the mistake of watching the live action though xD Really didn't like that xD

OK then, how about Serial Experiments Lain? There's some deep psychological stuff in that.

There's also Madoka, but prepare for the feels.

Hmm Ill give them a go at some stage :) Just started watching Psycho Pass before second season comes out. Ill give them a go after :)

Hmv/Xtravision now have the bluray if Psycho-Pass in stock for €40.
    http://www.hmv.ie/Psycho-pass-Season-1-Part-2/movies-games-entertainment/pd/106844?path=blu-ray

Just ordered it, cant argue with that price as at full rrp it should be €73 and Amazon sell it for £44.

Its great when they mess up and have it marked as a half season set. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

Yeah!! Love Death Note :) One of my favourite anime! Possibly the only anime I felt suspense throughout, loved the dynamic between L and Light...made the mistake of watching the live action though xD Really didn't like that xD

- yeah, for me they ruin it. i regret watching it :D

So were starting into the "last episode of the season"....season. What shows are folks gonna miss most, or not at all?

Standout for me was Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun, just damn funny and adorable in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

how about, higurashi no naku koro ni?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice princess mononoke tshirt on sale today
    http://www.qwertee.com/

Nice princess mononoke tshirt on sale today
    http://www.qwertee.com/

The One Piece shirt is pretty good too.

Wandered into HMV before work and managed to find one of the Psycho-Pass Blu-Rays for €40 on sale there, had to have that :D

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Wandered into HMV before work and managed to find one of the Psycho-Pass Blu-Rays for €40 on sale there, had to have that :D

Great series, looking forward to season 2 next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Also picked up Psycho Pass Bluray

I've noticed HMV in Galway have really doubled their anime section, quite a lot of stuff and some good prices

Great series, looking forward to season 2 next week.

Im guessing it'll be a while before it comes to Netflix :D?

Im guessing it'll be a while before it comes to Netflix :D?

Starts tonight, can be watched on www.funimation.com

Might come quickly like Noragami, depends on Funis contracct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It is arrive :)

a6WaV5G.jpg

Just started pycho-pass actually, good times.

sGuIkME.jpg

So I picked up The Wind Rises on Bluray in HMV today :D

Actually seriously impressed with their anime stock, there's a decent variety of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I really should look into getting some anime DVDs. No idea what to get, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I really should look into getting some anime DVDs. No idea what to get, unfortunately.

Start by the ones you like the most! :pac:

Only buy what you really like and you think you'll watch again ;)

I've got nearly all the Ghibli movies for example, they'll always get a rewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone re-buying the anything on blu ray, was looking at them recently for princess mononoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

On that day humanity received a grim reminder...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Advertisement