Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Index of anime and manga CONVENTIONS and EVENTS in IRELAND**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Thanks, I wasn't at arcade con (unfortunately learnt about it afterwards only) but friends didn't get into comic con, makes me think planning a head is a must for these sort of things.

Comic Con was a fair oddball in terms of conventions in this country; there's not too much correlation between how they worked, and how the anime/manga/gaming cons work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Comic Con was a fair oddball in terms of conventions in this country; there's not too much correlation between how they worked, and how the anime/manga/gaming cons work.

Ok, it seemed chaotic but it was their first year. This is going to be the third year of nom con.

I only moved to Dublin in march and I am impressed with the amount of cons, so I definitely want to get to a few. I am more into gaming than anime but I like the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Akumon in NUIG is 17-19th of January anyone ever been considering going myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭thestar

Is it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nomcom and Eirtakon are teaming up again to host Anime Dublin on April the 26th.

http://www.animedublin.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AnimeDublin

Its gonna be a small event (only 350 tickets) but pre-regs are open. Not much news so far on content, hopefully some word soon on what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Becky Cloonan, über talented writer and artist will be gracing us with her presence on the 28th of May!

She'll be signing her books BY CHANCE OR PROVIDENCE and TRUE LIVES OF THE FABULOUS KILLJOYS and we'll have exclusive prints AND a bookplate!

And there's more!

A Q&A session afterwards AND an afterparty at the Thomas House where we will be serenaded by Becky's favourite heavy metal jams!

More details to be announced, including a glimpse of the exclusive art you can take home if you join us for the day!

https://www.facebook.com/events/677554402300638/?notif_t=plan_user_joined
    10151357_617958771614903_1468462613817831820_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OtakuCon

Konata wrote: »
    So, this thread is basically going to be an index with links to threads for all the upcoming cons in Ireland. This thread will be the sticky but if you have questions or comments on any of the individual cons PLEASE post in that con's own thread.

Hopefully this will clean up the front page of the forum a bit :)

- Q Con: June 22nd - 24th 2012 QUBSU, Belfast
    - @rcade Con: July 13th - 15th 2012 Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin
    - Nom Con: August 24th - 26th 2012 Burlington Hotel, Dublin
    - Eirtakon: November 9th - 11th 2012 The Helix DCU, Dublin

Hi =D
    We are a new con starting up in December
    Otaku Con is a retro gaming con happening at the National College of Ireland, Mayor street, IFSC, Dublin 1, on the 13th and 14th of December!
    But we will be having tons of other stuff, like panels, a kpop proformance by KPOP Ireland, Tekken tournament, 3 US voice actors, TONS of stalls! And loads others in the works atm sshhh =D
    I wont bore you all with the details, but if you would like to know more, we have a facebook page, just type in Otaku Con and we'll be there =D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sillyruby

You might want to update the nom-con dates as they are now the 1st-3rd August this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OtakuCon

OtakuCon wrote: »
    Hi =D
    We are a new con starting up in December
    Otaku Con is an Anime,Video Game,Comic book and Sci Fi convention.

Our 3 guests are David Vincent,Terrence Stone and Lisle Wilkerson.

2/3 of our guests have voiced in animes such as bleach and video games such us dynasty warriors and the Tales series.

What we have planned for the anime aspect of the con are as follows.
    We will have anime related panels,Traders selling anime merch,anime screenings and a cosplay competition.

We mainly focus on gaming but as you can see we have something for everyone.

Our link is
    Www.Facebook.com/otakuconireland

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Chris2048

Please note Dublin Anime Meetup is having first anime night on 21st of this month:
    meetup.com/Dublin-Japanese-Anime-Meetup/events/228738451/

• Advertisement
Advertisement