Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pressure in closed system

• 14-10-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

My baxi gas boiler is showing less than .5 when off and making loud noise wen turned on and not heating all the rads, lots of air in upstairs rads too.

How can I add water in hot press to the system? Pics attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

preddy wrote: »
    My baxi gas boiler is showing less than .5 when off and making loud noise wen turned on and not heating all the rads, lots of air in upstairs rads too.

How can I add water in hot press to the system? Pics attached.

In pic one check that the red wheel valve is open and also the grey knob under the valve with the gauge.If both of these are open you have a problem with the auto filler and your going to need to call someone in.
    In pic two the auto air vent has been leaking at sometime if this hasn't already been replaced get it done soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Robbie.G wrote: »
    In pic one check that the red wheel valve is open and also the grey knob under the valve with the gauge.If both of these are open you have a problem with the auto filler and your going to need to call someone in.
    In pic two the auto air vent has been leaking at sometime if this hasn't already been replaced get it done soon.

Ok the red valve is closed all the way to the right, and the grey one has a screw underneath doesn't seem to just turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Robbie.G wrote: »

Should the heating be on or off and is it def an auto fill ? I don't want to over fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

preddy wrote: »
    Should the heating be on or off and is it def an auto fill ? I don't want to over fill.

Open the red valve it is an auto filler but it could be faulty.Stand beside it and when you open it you should here it fill to be on the safe side turn valve off when it reaches 1bar.
    If it doesn't start to fill you have a problem with fill valve

Advertisement