Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job Vacancies - New Job Postings Only - NO INFO REQUESTS ON-THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

the new Boots in town is hiring with several full time and part time jobs available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

i like pie wrote: »
    the new Boots in town is hiring with several full time and part time jobs available.

Where's the new boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Where's the new boots?

the one where matthews used to be, i think it's called half-moon street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Hoggies on Main St. next the the Classic is hiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

The Liberty Grill on Washington Street has a 'Chef Wanted' sign up. Experience is required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Swamp in Mahon Point are looking for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

Penneys are looking for Christmas staff and managers.
    Monsoon are also looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Don't know if it has been mentioned: but Argos are hiring staff for the xmas build up. Call in store for application forms at the branch you might want to work in.

Same with debenhams. Plus Boston scientific are hiring lately through 'Kelly services'.

Also a plastics company in little Island seem to be looking for people to do shift work on busy contracts. If anyone is interested I can provide more details immediately. PM or shout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Has anyone who applied to Argos been contacted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g33bu5h

Has anyone who applied to Argos been contacted?

I was told the last day for applicants was Friday and they'll be in contact with people over the next fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

g33bu5h wrote: »
    I was told the last day for applicants was Friday and they'll be in contact with people over the next fortnight

Applied for argos,hopefully I'll hear back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Oakgrove Leisure Centre require experienced person with all of the following qualifications,
    Gym Instructor, Personal Trainer and Assistant or Full Swimming Teachers.
    Forward CV to info@oakgroveleisure.ie

As per the above post by myself. The Argos applications are now closed. Plus the plastics job is void now as well. Appreciate it if a mod could edit the original post as such to include this info if felt necessary. Don't want to give anybody false hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Hey Folks, I've heard of graduate placement programmes for engineers if any of ye are reading this thread, the contact details i have are through the Institute of Engineers but I'd imagine you can contact the OPW as well.

Closing date is the 8th Nov 2010

here's the details I do have

Link to IEI

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

Be wary of working for Argos, last year my friends worked there for christmas and they has them all on 4 hour shift only so as to not have to be paying the 15minute break due after 4 1/2 hours working.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 whatsup28

Does anyone know anything about what it is like to work at Abtran in Cork?
    Any comments would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Saw they were looking for a part-time catering/cheffing assistant in the restaurant (don't know name buts its the only one) in Dunnes, Ballyvolane, Cork. Must be available to work short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fini91

Hey, I have an interview in 4 days and i need help!

Ive applied to so many jobs Im not sure what the interview is actually for:S
    Its in a door inbetween soho and sayit in grand parade cork.
    Does anyone no what kind of business is on the first floor through the brown door??
    Please help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Saw a sign up in Costigans window on washington street saying they were looking for staff! I was on the bus though so I only got a glimpse!

Heads up for people applying for work:

http://irishjobs.ie/
    http://www.monster.ie/
    http://www.recruitireland.com/
    http://www.jobs.ie/

All the above sites allow you to upload a CV and a cover note about yourself. Should increase chances of finding work tenfold for any applicant. I would reccomend a one page CV with specific interests and work experience for any particular job applied for.

A friend recently got a call for an interview from doing this. Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Saw a sign up in Costigans window on washington street saying they were looking for staff! I was on the bus though so I only got a glimpse!

You were right they are looking for someone to do 2 nights, 2 days & deal with the delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭m2wua0ox56iz93

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Maradyke (pool and bowling) looking for people, i presume its bar work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Golden Disks, Merchants Quay have a sign up for seasonal staff. Apply in store with CV.

Hope that helps someone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Zevas Communications are hiring telesales staff. Just do a search on the fas site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Gloria Jeans in Douglas Court have a sign up for a full time team member.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Heard on the radio that the Gate cinema are looking for a full-time supervisor. Email CV only to corkcinemas@eircom.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ButtonyBoo

Gloria Jeans in Patrick St had a sign up for staff too on Friday when I was in there. Sorry I can't remember whether it said full or part-time :(

Advertisement