Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008-2009 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hi-Psi

Flames are playing awesome this year, really hope they catch Detroit by the end of the season. Hope I get to keep watching their games when I get to Galway this month as I watch all the games here in Calgary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Detroit have just lost five in a row after losing to the Capitals last night.

My Blackhawks have done something that only the Flames have done so far this season......win in the Shark Tank.

Great Job Hawks. I'm not cheering for them on Thursday.

HiPsi- Have you been to see the Hitmen? They are doing great, although we went on Saturday and saw them lose a great game in OT vs Brandon Wheat Kings.

My soccer team is selling 50/50 ticket sat this Saturdays game against Anaheim.

Great Job Hawks. I'm not cheering for them on Thursday.

HiPsi- Have you been to see the Hitmen? They are doing great, although we went on Saturday and saw them lose a great game in OT vs Brandon Wheat Kings.

My soccer team is selling 50/50 ticket sat this Saturdays game against Anaheim.

Yeah the Hitmen are doing awesome as well this year. Made it to a couple games this year. It's too bad I'm gonna miss both the Flames and the Hitmen playoff games cus I'll be in Ireland.

Hopefully the Flames kick their lossing skid against the Hawks tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Bit of a stab in the dark but does anyone here play NHL 09 on the PS3? Add me RonTheDon3000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Hi-Psi wrote: »

Hopefully the Flames kick their lossing skid against the Hawks tomorrow!

Let's not go saying such hateful things !! lol

Flames have not faired well against the Hawks this season, but I wouldn't want to see Calgary in a seven game series.

• Advertisement

Let's not go saying such hateful things !! lol

Flames have not faired well against the Hawks this season, but I wouldn't want to see Calgary in a seven game series.

Tonight is going to be a test for the Flames. First time the Flames play the Blackhawks without it being a back-to-back game or at the end of a road trip.

I predict a 4-3 win for Calgary.

Flip, just can't beat them. :(

I didn't see any of the game due to soccer commitments.

Hi Psi: are going to Peanuts to watch Ireland World Cup Qualifiers?

Wow.....season sweep of the Flames. This is the first time since the 93-94 season that the Hawks have been able to do that. I actually think that Darryl Sutter was coaching the Hawks at the time.

Our third/fourth line was amazing last night, scoring goals and killing penalities.

I still would hate to see Calgary in a seven game series.

Have to admit I feel no sympathy to teh Habs after watching them lose to Torornto, at home 5-2, then to lose to the Flames last night 6-2.

My only sadness is that I couldn't watch last night sgame. Hopefully the Flames will recover their lost form.

We were selling 50/50 tickets at the Flames game on Saturday, Lanny McDonald bought $10 worth from me. He is still a class act and I still love shaking his hand as much as I did when I was a kid and he was a Leaf.

We were selling 50/50 tickets at the Flames game on Saturday, Lanny McDonald bought $10 worth from me. He is still a class act and I still love shaking his hand as much as I did when I was a kid and he was a Leaf.

I met Lanny at the United Center a few years ago, and he looks exactly the same as he did when he retired 21 years ago.

Legend.

• Advertisement

Where have all the Habs fans gone? :pac::D:):p

Gone to cry everyone.

Another big loss. They aren't jsu losing, they are losing big. 5-2, 6-1, 7-2.

No one in the Eastern Conference is playing well at the moment (with the exception of New Jersey). I feel sorry for whatever team makes it to the Finals this season (at this point in the season).

Getting ready to watch Calgary v Los Angeles on ESPN America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I have taken my eye of the Western Conference standings since Xmas - where did the Stars come from? :eek: Rapidly climbing the table I see...

mod9maple wrote: »
    I have taken my eye of the Western Conference standings since Xmas - where did the Stars come from? :eek: Rapidly climbing the table I see...

Amazing what has happened since they chased Sean Avery.

They roll into the United Center tonight, and I am not looking forward to it.

Flip, just can't beat them. :(

I didn't see any of the game due to soccer commitments.

Hi Psi: are going to Peanuts to watch Ireland World Cup Qualifiers?

Nah I haven't had time to watch any games at all. My dad wanted me to go to Peanuts to watch the Celtic/Rangers match a week back but I was too busy as well.

Flames though can hopefully keep up their winning later this week and into next week. I'm really hoping Vancouver drops out of a playoff spot in the next week as they have some big games that are must wins for them.

Good game for the Flames lastnight against Columbus!

The Flames make the big move at the trade deadline then Jokinen gets 2 and Leopold 1 in the game vs Philly.

Optimistic city this morning.:)

Hi-Psi: I'll be at Peanuts for the next Ireland match.

The Flames make the big move at the trade deadline then Jokinen gets 2 and Leopold 1 in the game vs Philly.

Huge pickup for the Flames that should pay dividends for them going into the playoffs.

Hi-Psi: I'll be at Peanuts for the next Ireland match.

I'm working out of town till March 17th and then leave for Ireland on the 23rd.

Hopefully the Flames can turn around this road trip in New Jersey tonight.

By the grace of god, my Blackhawks clinched a playoff spot last night with a win over Nashville. This is going to be our first trip into the postseason in seven years and only the second time since '96.

By the grace of god, my Blackhawks clinched a playoff spot last night with a win over Nashville. This is going to be our first trip into the postseason in seven years and only the second time since '96.

And I pray that it is short-lived.

GO FLAMES!!!!!

• Advertisement

GO FLAMES!!!!!

I've said it all year that Calgary is a better team than they have shown against the Hawks.

It's a shame that you guys have as many injuries as you do, but I guess that it just makes the series that much more interesting .....for ME !!

It's going to be a great series ....Hawks in SIX

GO FLAMES!!!!!

That's one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

anyone know how rangers managed to take home ice for the first playoff game?

QUOTE=Rented Mule;59862236]That's one :p[/QUOTE]

That's two :p

QUOTE=Rented Mule;59862236]That's one :p

That's two :p[/QUOTE]

2-1

HUGE win at home for the Flames this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Goblin_insane

That's two :p

2-1

HUGE win at home for the Flames this morning.[/QUOTE]

So this is where some hockey fans are hanging out :) (so few puckheads in this country it can be a lonesome existence).

Anyway that was a huge win indeed for Calgary. Was at Game 1 in Chicago (was just over there for the past week catching a couple of games) and boy the flames are real unlucky to have lost any of the games never mind be in the hole.

Meanwhile have the Wings (lets go wings!) up on Espn 360 on the laptop and Pitt on the TV ...perfect.

Tigh, tight series. Did the hawks look cocky in Game 3, youthfulness and thinking the series was theirs already?

Looking forward to a goodie tonight. :)

PS Hitmen up 3-0 in games vs Brandon, Vancouver up 2-1 on Kelowna. Winners meet for the Western Hockey League Final. Hitmen have an 11-0 record in this years playoffs.

This is definitely turning into a home team series.

Hawks take the lead in the series 3-2 as they head back to the Dome.

Phaneuf looked stunned after the hit from Brouwer in the 3rd. You would hate to see a player of that calibre go down in a series like this one.

It's killing me that I'm not able to watch any of these games here in Galway. I wish the time difference wasn't so much.

Do you guys know of any good sites for streaming hockey games? I'm hoping to stay up and watch Game 6 when hopefully the Flames tie the series up again.

Jay

• Advertisement

Hi-Psi wrote: »
    It's killing me that I'm not able to watch any of these games here in Galway. I wish the time difference wasn't so much.

Do you guys know of any good sites for streaming hockey games? I'm hoping to stay up and watch Game 6 when hopefully the Flames tie the series up again.

Jay

If I come across a link, I'll forward it on.

I take care of the Blackhawks message boards and someone genrally posts a link.

Advertisement