Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ionapaul wrote: »
    I will probably play in an attempt to do another SE two-in-a-row (did it with the €75 Wednesday game back in early 2006): Move over Layne, it's time for Back To Back Burke to shine :)

it will be my pleasure to donate my chips to you in this magnificent obsession of yours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I might just skip this now because ionapaul will just scoop this :pac:

I might just skip this now because ionapaul will just scoop this :pac:

he made a good effort! 4th after being short a long way, disappointing turnout of 24 for a well-structured game. A boards 2-3-4 with hatedajacks in 3rd.

I entered HU with a 3/1 chip deficit to a certain Mr Eddie the Eagle. 5 minutes later, I have a 15/1 chip advantage. 10 minutes later, he's won :eek:

getting in ahead against that man is not a good idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

^^ Pwned IMO

Flushdraw wrote: »
    ^^ Pwned IMO

I have a special talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Eddie is such a legend, he was playing better than usual last night! Ran better than God, that goes without saying, and my A4c was no match for his T9c AIPF. My ITM % in tournaments keeps getting better and better this year! So much for issuing that challenge to Lady Luck in the BBV thread :)

Driving home I was certain either yourself or Kev would take that down, I like Eddie's aggressive plays but I felt if his luck ran out in any way he would be in serious trouble against you two sharks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Eddie is such a legend, he was playing better than usual last night! Ran better than God, that goes without saying, and my A4c was no match for his T9c AIPF. My ITM % in tournaments keeps getting better and better this year! So much for issuing that challenge to Lady Luck in the BBV thread :)

Driving home I was certain either yourself or Kev would take that down, I like Eddie's aggressive plays but I felt if his luck ran out in any way he would be in serious trouble against you two sharks!

Maybe you should just fold A4 more often. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should just fold A4 more often. :rolleyes:
    Never! :) A4 is usually the key to any individual night going well, based on this very limited sample of tournaments; hopefully Harrington can write a piece about it in any new book he comes out with :)

Sitting at home lastnight and not realised the time 8:45 boll*cks not gonna make it, Kev is too funny "no more tournies for me they dont interest me" unlucky Glyn that Eddie fella is one slippery character.

One thing that cracks me up about him alot of people like the A rag but no not Eddie The Eagle K rag is the monster to him.

One thing that cracks me up about him alot of people like the A rag but no not Eddie The Eagle K rag is the monster to him.

lol, that is so true

I ship for 25k at one point OTB (blinds are 1.5/3) and Eddie looks at his hand and immediately says 'I have to call this'

K9 soooted :pac:

my downfall hand HU was when he called the loots PF with K4o vs my AJs (had him outchipped). sigh

• Advertisement

He will do the dough with alot worse :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Hopefully tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

62 runners for the fitz scalps tonight, I came 3rd for a 600 payout. Enjoyable game, some of the hands at the final table were crazy.

Thougt i would take a spin into the SE tonight seen as i missed the game on Thursday. 4 tables tonight wasnt bad happy little game.

Slowish start but then started to pick up some hands was on 11000 at the break was happy, few hands back after the break i raise it up with 55 and a fellow boardsie ships it in i think for a minute and call he turns over 99 uh oh no good me thinks board comes down AK10J and sweet Q on the river chop it up :D few hands later i pick up 55 again against said fellow he ships i call again he has AK K99 flop i pick up the 5 high flush draw on the turn but couldnt do it on the river.

Few more hands on that table before it breaks moved to new table couple of hands in i go from healthy stack to bust in two hands with a kinda sick hand to take most of my stack. Raise it up with QQ get one caller board is 10 high with two hearts bloke ships it in with AhKh ehhh i think sweet Q on the turn but horrible heart on the river cripples me. Exit hand im in the BB blind with only 1400 left and Ektor limps and i ship the rest with A6 he calls with Q10 he has been running hotter than the sun whamo house for him, gn gg wp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

any idea what the numbers are like in the SE tonight

Thinking of heading into the SE tonight for the Betdaq BONANZA sat - anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Yep i am headin in,Free ticket like yurself so why not. We can tag team against Eddie the Eagle!

My good run continues! Won one of tickets tonite along with Eddie the Eagle.

My good run continues! Won one of tickets tonite along with Eddie the Eagle.
    Well done! The €440 game will be a tougher prospect I think. How did Bad Beat Joe get on last night? He dogged me three fecking times in a row to knock me out by 11.30, sick man that he is.

Well done! The €440 game will be a tougher prospect I think. How did Bad Beat Joe get on last night? He dogged me three fecking times in a row to knock me out by 11.30, sick man that he is.
    I knocked him out in 4th.My jj beat his kq to leave him lowish and then he pushed on tilt with 7,5 and i wake up with kings. He still moaned that he was so unlucky.

• Advertisement

Congrats Kev well done, how many people turned up for it? Please have some Eddie stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Thinking of heading into Fitz tomorrow night....Anyone know whats on.....?...Are the cash games all 1-2 pot limit....?....Any no limit games in Dublin....?....Any 2-5 on Saturday night....?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Fitz 7pm tourn get many runners tonight? Think will head in. Is it 8k starting stack/25 min levels? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Fitz:
    €120+€5..........
    7,000 starting stack
    30 mins blinds
    7.00pm start.

Numbers vary, between bigger games, festivals etc., Nice game though
    And if you get knocked out you can always play

Fitz (Round Of Each)..€15+€5..
    4Re-buys/3Re-buy 1 Topup
    20mins blinds
    ............4R/3R
    1000/1500/2000/3000T......
    starts at 8.30pm

It will turn you mad ted, but a bit of a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 londonbridge

Is that 7:00 120+5 euro game on in the Fitz tonight? Many going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I had recently got planning permission to play live poker on a sunday as I'd been going to JP's game... Since thats no longer running suggestions on where to donk off my money toady?

last thing I want to do is tell her indoors that the game is off and have to do something else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

cash in the jackpot macs,catch all the sicko's tired from playing for the last 2 days straight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Just home from that and not many sickos left in there

Pabloh wrote: »
    Just home from that and not many sickos left in there

You there since i left yesterday morning :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

laddies software sucks,

playing heads up STT, i time out, and can't get back in
    every hand i am sitting out, click "im back", my action, hit raise or call, and nothin happens only 5 secs to act and im folded,
    and repeat

Advertisement