Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Tournies are soul destroying. I think I'm a closet masochist! :(
    Y'know I was just thinking the same thing. Before I smashed my headphones last night I was listening to this song from Levon Helm's new album (ive put the track on my muxtape link in sig) and it goes ..."All the money in the world spent on feeling good" and thinking this isn't making me feel all that good.
    At that stage I was in abject misery having lost the first decent chance to get a decent stack when AK was inferior to A7 and was followed by flopping set over set in the next hand to recover to < 10 bb's in what would have been a monster pot had my AK held up.
    Then after all that grinding and scraping you make the FT and the fact of the matter is that anything less than a top 3 finish and I'm off home to kick the dog.
    Both yourself and Tim did look really devastated when you were busted (yours was particularly sick).
    Why on earth do we keep doing it :confused: I suppose if you ain't winning your losing, thats the nature of competition ;)

We were still 4 handed about 4am with Dewi * was running over the table, running hot and using monster aggression. After a couple of clashes between the three shorties that failed to get us three handed Dewi had over 75% of the chips a deal was done that was (a bit too) generous to him but got the three of us a Grand each (Darren that busted you and Lar in the Liverpool shirt) and I picked up the Monthly ticket in a blind one hand deal.

Anyway I left in much better form than you but still disappointed that I didn't get 2K out of it !

*Dewi_cool from online and blonde, he's a class tourney player, I learned a lot from watching him play crypto tourneys tears ago. He's been over playing the scalps 3 times, before last years APAT, the IPO and last night and he has won it each time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Y'know I was just thinking the same thing. Before I smashed my headphones last night I was listening to this song from Levon Helm's new album (ive put the track on my muxtape link in sig) and it goes ..."All the money in the world spent on feeling good" and thinking this isn't making me feel all that good.
    At that stage I was in abject misery having lost the first decent chance to get a decent stack when AK was inferior to A7 and was followed by flopping set over set in the next hand to recover to < 10 bb's in what would have been a monster pot had my AK held up.
    Then after all that grinding and scraping you make the FT and the fact of the matter is that anything less than a top 3 finish and I'm off home to kick the dog.
    Both yourself and Tim did look really devastated when you were busted (yours was particularly sick).
    Why on earth do we keep doing it :confused: I suppose if you ain't winning your losing, thats the nature of competition ;)

We were still 4 handed about 4am with Dewi * was running over the table, running hot and using monster aggression. After a couple of clashes between the three shorties that failed to get us three handed Dewi had over 75% of the chips a deal was done that was (a bit too) generous to him but got the three of us a Grand each (Darren that busted you and Lar in the Liverpool shirt) and I picked up the Monthly ticket in a blind one hand deal.

Anyway I left in much better form than you but still disappointed that I didn't get 2K out of it !

*Dewi_cool from online and blonde, he's a class tourney player, I learned a lot from watching him play crypto tourneys tears ago. He's been over playing the scalps 3 times, before last years APAT, the IPO and last night and he has won it each time :eek:

Oh I knew all along who Dewi was Tony and I didn't see him make any mistakes but he did seem to get a few gifts at the final table and at the final two tables stage which really annoyed me as I knew it would be hard to get the chips without coolering him. I was sick at how the final table went overall my final hand wasn't something that I particularly minded. Well done on locking up a few quid for yourself Tony.

I did think there was very little play at the Final table which was a shame as it had played very nicely until 30 minutes before the FT in my view.

We do have an illness its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollyk1 wrote: »

Tournies are soul destroying.(

I try to decrease this feeling by gambling on the last 3 hands before the break in this case with 3k+(after already taking my rebuy). I lost and was out at the break, its that easy. That and the fact i wanted to dog Jude back just so he knows others can deliver too!.

Ul Olly and well done strewelpeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Numbers any better in Lukes for the Friday FO tourney? Last time i played there was around 30 runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

Not really.....there was only 18 runners last week. Waterford might have affected it a little bit! Anyone know what numbers are like for the DC games on thursday nights in CHL's or the SE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Lukes usually gets 2-3 tables on a thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Lukes usually gets 2-3 tables on a thursday

For which tourney....the 7 o clock or the 8:30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I didn't think the 7pm tourney was still running, I could be wrong. The 8.30 DC had three tables when I played the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

The 7 doesnt run anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Numbers any better in Lukes for the Friday FO tourney? Last time i played there was around 30 runners

thinking of playin - anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Anyone playing in the Fitz schalps game tonight,
    Cleared out the chip drawer at home and found 4 scalps chips, so my re-buy is almost sorted:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

smurph wrote: »
    Anyone playing in the Fitz schalps game tonight,
    Cleared out the chip drawer at home and found 4 scalps chips, so my re-buy is almost sorted:rolleyes:

'Smurph admits going South shocker!!!!' :eek::eek::eek:

life ban pls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Best tournament to play tonight (Friday) in Dublin? Does the SE €100 game get many runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Wreck wrote: »
    Best tournament to play tonight (Friday) in Dublin? Does the SE €100 game get many runners?

LOL.

I might head into the scalps or lUkes to keep me from drinking..heavy week of it so far... .. .....I'll toss a coin when I get to Fitzwilliam . heads the Fitz, tails Lukes and if the coin rolls it's da beer agian...

Turkey 7/2 in a one of match....value?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

SE is now a single rebuy tourney I think, and judging by some reports and threads of recent times, it won't get many runners. Fitz will get 70+ though I reckon so that is the place for numbers and prizepool tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

YULETIRED wrote: »
    LOL.

I might head into the scalps or lUkes to keep me from drinking..heavy week of it so far... .. .....I'll toss a coin when I get to Fitzwilliam . heads the Fitz, tails Lukes and if the coin rolls it's da beer agian...

Turkey 7/2 in a one of match....value?

0-0, bad bet beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

I went to the scalp tournament in fitz last Friday, nice numbers and i liked the game alot first time in Fitz, didn't really run well all night short stacked after break and i pushed AhQh into Ako and that was me done! Liked Fitz relaxed and ppl were sound, so i decided to play in the Sunday 30euro freezeout over 90 runners and made it to the final table cashed in 5th 200euro so wasn't to bad for 30euro buy in!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

how many runners for the dc in the fitz normally on a tuesday night and what time on average would it finish up at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

FedFrank2 wrote: »
    and what time on average would it finish up at?

i dont think you need to be worrying about that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

now now lads none of the handbags.....

anyone know the numbers that the jackpot game(€40 FO) gets on a wednesday???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Anyone playing the FO in the Fitz tonight?

3rd in the scalps last night. lol BobBattersbyments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done Olly - I assume there was a bumper crowd as usual!

ionapaul wrote: »
    Well done Olly - I assume there was a bumper crowd as usual!

Thanks Paul but it felt like a 1500 loss and not a 900 win. I was at my ultra competitive tournie best last night. Watch out Vegas;-)
    83 runners last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭scheister

was thinking of playing live tonight. wondering which is a better game the 20 sat in cool hands or the 25+3 rebuy in jackpot any idea's

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭S.Emporium

Friday night in the Emporium.

€50 + €5 "No Limit" Hold'em.

1 x €50 Rebuy or Top-up.

Starting Stack : 3,000.

Rebuy/Top-up : 4,000.

Clock : 20/30 minutes.

Doors open at 8pm for a 9pm Start.

30 odd runners last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Hi everyone,

I'm back in Dublin for a while, but a bit out of the tourney loop. How many runners will the €200 FO in the emporium get tomorrow night do you reckon? Also how many runners has the fitz been getting on Tuesdays for the D.C.? Any other €200+ buyin tourneys I should know about?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Daithio wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm back in Dublin for a while, but a bit out of the tourney loop. How many runners will the €200 FO in the emporium get tomorrow night do you reckon? Also how many runners has the fitz been getting on Tuesdays for the D.C.? Any other €200+ buyin tourneys I should know about?

Cheers!

€500 game in Letterkenny on Firday @ 6pm would be a good choice for you Dave. There's a thread on the main tournament forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Did a deal 4-handed in the Fitz €120+5 last night, three of us got 2nd place money and the massive chip leader got more obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

ionapaul wrote: »
    Did a deal 4-handed in the Fitz €120+5 last night, three of us got 2nd place money and the massive chip leader got more obviously.
    How many runners did this get ?
    And does anyone know how many the SE had?

Advertisement