Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 2 Grind School's

• 17-04-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of the grind school's for the CAP2s?

Thinking of doing them but they are very expensive so was wondering if they were worth it. Wouldn't mind paying if I knew they'd help me.

Heard of the Chartered Grind School, the Christy Kearney one, what other ones are there or what ones would you recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

I'm doing three subjects with Chartered Grind School. I have heard they are great from a few different sources. It's costing me €550 but I would rather pay it and have a better shot.

If I didn't go to any of them and failed them I would be kicking myself for not forking out the cash even though I have emptied my savings account:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

T1990 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone had any experience of the grind school's for the CAP2s?

Thinking of doing them but they are very expensive so was wondering if they were worth it. Wouldn't mind paying if I knew they'd help me.

Heard of the Chartered Grind School, the Christy Kearney one, what other ones are there or what ones would you recommend
    Where are the christy Kearney ones? Chartered grind school are very expensive :/ I think I will book FR and maybe save for tax too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Where are the christy Kearney ones?

Cork, Limerick & Galway - he works in IFRS consulting for large multi-nationals / US companies at the moment I believe; or maybe he's in the bookies a bit more these days. Unapologetic Man United fan - shameful.

Nice chap, very knowledgeable, coherent & helpful.

The website is http://www.acarevisions.ie/?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

FR & SFMA are worth it in CGS,

the FR consol. method they do there and solutions to past paper Q1s
    were the only version i could get my head around so prob would have failed
    otherwise.

SFMA the guy flies through an overview of most topics and then into past papers, so its good to see stuff actually applied to the exam. he teaches good exam technique which can really get ya through that paper imo.

audit & tax not really great,
    tax just do the toolkit questions yourself and learn it off, dont bother with the book. audit i knew a good bit of the stuff from work and just bring in notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rach13

Hi I had Christy as a lecture last year and he was terrible!!! I failed auditing on my first attempt. I did the chartered revision course in Dublin for Auditing and I passed... the course was taught by this lecture from Belfast really exam focused and brought my grade up by ten marks which is a lot in a cap 2 exam !! as I am an elevation student I'm doing FR and SFMA this term I tried the assessment revision course with Christy in Jan and what a difference!! he really teaches FR better than auditing I got an excellent grade in both of my assessment's because of him. I wouldn't recommend him for auditing but for FR and SFMA he really is worth it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Sorry for hi jacking this tread, but just seen rach13 talking about doing the elevation programme! Was just wondering if you could answer a few questions for me if you would mind or anyone else who has gone this route!

Is any study material supplied by the elevation programme or is it all sourced by you? Where would you recommend? I'm kildare based....
    What exams would you recommend taking first?

hey I did tax and auditing first there the standard two to do first. chartered supply u with everything from course material to books its all included in ur fees . I found these difficult as I had no practical experience to relate to this . I did however find a really good job within six months of starting elevation. just beware the dublin lecturers are the best as im outside dublin aswell snd traveling to dublin isn't sn option for me I watch all lectures online as they are streamed. This year its much easier as im more aware of the level required and ive got practical experience but I did struggel for the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Would you recommend doing these two first? Did you do one at each taking? Sorry for all the questions just finding it hard to get first hand experience from the elevation programme

Ha!! ya i can imagine that there was only two in my lectures in the past two years doing elevation and i was one of them!! They are the easiest two to do so i would recomend doing them first. now when i say there easier i mean the fail rate is lower they are by no means easy. I ended up doing them over two sittings but that was not by choice!! do both together cause if you fail u can repeat within a couple of weeks plus u only get six goes to pass cap 2 so if u skip an exam it counts as a fail and u loose an attempt!! I would recomend doing elevation its really tough work and u pretty muchgive up on any social life but its worth it!!!

Advertisement