Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Turner Exhibit

• 30-11-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to see this yet? Attempted to go last week but was told that there is a sign up to say there isn't parking available at Ebrington and we were to park at Quayside and walk over the Peace Bridge! Can anyone tell me if it is true? Does a relaxing afternoon spent wandering around the exhibition have to begin and end with an exhausting walk to access it?
    Cannot find any warnings about lack of parking on Turner internet site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

annascott wrote: »
    Has anyone been to see this yet? Attempted to go last week but was told that there is a sign up to say there isn't parking available at Ebrington and we were to park at Quayside and walk over the Peace Bridge! Can anyone tell me if it is true? Does a relaxing afternoon spent wandering around the exhibition have to begin and end with an exhausting walk to access it?
    Cannot find any warnings about lack of parking on Turner internet site.

An exhausting walk?! Are you serious? There's no parking at Ebrington but you may get lucky and find a space on Browning Drive. Otherwise, it's an enjoyable fifteen minute walk across the Peace Bridge from Foyleside.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Administrators, Sports Moderators Posts: 21,676 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭smashey

Try parking behind the Ulster Bank on Spencer Road if there are any spaces. It's a five minute walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Penfailed wrote: »
    An exhausting walk?! Are you serious? There's no parking at Ebrington but you may get lucky and find a space on Browning Drive. Otherwise, it's an enjoyable fifteen minute walk across the Peace Bridge from Foyleside.

Thats what I was thinking, its really not far, unless the OP has a medical problem.

Try Browning Drive as some suggested, or even the waterside library car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Out of curiosity do you know how you go about getting access to that car park in Ebrington? there's always plenty of cars about anytime I've been there and I doubt it's all CoC/Venue staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

That would depend on what you are wearing on your feet and how much you care about your hair! Also, what if it rains??

• Advertisement

Taxi from Quayside it is then....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

guttenberg wrote: »
    Out of curiosity do you know how you go about getting access to that car park in Ebrington? there's always plenty of cars about anytime I've been there and I doubt it's all CoC/Venue staff.

As far as I know it is a staff car-park...for Ilex/Culture Company/Venue staff. I've only ever accessed it once and that was because I was a passenger in a car where the fella I was with was working backstage at Status Quo.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Have you's all been to this? if not you should definitely go. It's surprisingly small and it's the weirdest exhibition I've ever been to.:D

Went a while ago and going back on Sunday as it is the last day. It's all a bit 'emperors new clothes' and the work on display is so diverse that it is highly unlikely that anyone will like everything, but I'm just star struck by the actual Turner Prize exhibition coming over here from London. I will miss it when it goes.

Pity about the difficulty of access to the location.

• Advertisement

annascott wrote: »
    Pity about the difficulty of access to the location.

Yeah, I still don't think access difficult.

Advertisement