Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It looks like they pushed a load of updates today, they now have gear options for shoes, bikes etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    I just got the same earlier also... I assumed that they were doing something like Strava and picking a nearby location to name the run... until I saw Kilkeel is up north.

run at home "kilkeel"
    run in the city centre "kilkeel"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    It looks like they pushed a load of updates today, they now have gear options for shoes, bikes etc..

No seed distances though. The IQ stuff looks nice, see some IQ apps for the 920 looking good. new watch faces with % battery left, analogue displays, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

My run last night and this morning are both called "Kilkeel Running". However the run this morning is all over the place. I ran from Adelaide Road to Rathmines, Rathgar, Harold's Cross and back to Adelaide Road.

The run looks as if I started in Drumcondra and finished in the Liffey. :confused::confused: As well as that my split pace times are going from 7 mins something to 14 mins. This is on the watch as well as on Garmin Connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Just got a FR220, can't wait to get out on the road with it.

Just wondering can I sync Garmin Connect with MapMyRun. I see that a sync with MyFitnessPal can be done.

Don't really want to lose 2 years of runs just because I've got a new watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

jaansu wrote: »
    Just got a FR220, can't wait to get out on the road with it.

Just wondering can I sync Garmin Connect with MapMyRun. I see that a sync with MyFitnessPal can be done.

Don't really want to lose 2 years of runs just because I've got a new watch.
    Do you mean that you want to copy over your MapmyRun activities to Garmin Connect, or you want to continue to track your activities on MapMyRun?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I also am running in Kilkeel these days. Those Garmin Connect folks really don't know anything about testing.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the runs getting uploaded to Garmin Connect with random titles?
    My lunch time run today was 'Aberdaron Community Running'!!!

Thank You!

Kilkeel Forrest run or similar is what I got on Thursday . I was hoping it might be the start of them recognising the same routes for you rather than always giving them untitled..

Edit - aha and read rest of posts and looks like we are all in same running group. Happy Christmas running buddies!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Looks like I'm in Kilkeel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Do you mean that you want to copy over your MapmyRun activities to Garmin Connect, or you want to continue to track your activities on MapMyRun?

I mean I want to copy over my activities to Garmin Connect. I suppose I'm asking is that possible and if so how do I do it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I mean I want to copy over my activities to Garmin Connect. I suppose I'm asking is that possible and if so how do I do it?

Doni't know much about map my run but I assume you can download all your activities...you can then upload them to garmin connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Anybody else having problems trying to send workouts to your device?

Anybody else having problems trying to send workouts to your device?

Sorted. The "classic view" no longer working for me. It worked using the "new view" garmin connect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

My old 305 is acting up again. Not even uploading now for Christ sake. Is the 310 a decent watch? Seems good value at approx. 165 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I can't upload today's run to Garmin Connect. The Garmin icon pops up on the (Mac) desktop ok, but when I hit 'upload' the window appears, but blank. And just sits there. I'm thinking it's most likely an upgrade issue. I've been clinging onto Classic mode for as long as possible, so is this the problem? 'Modern' seems to use something called Express, rather than Connect. Do I need to get with this new-fangled way of doing things? Because, if so, I'm also going to need to update my OS. Which will be a pain

davedanon wrote: »
    I can't upload today's run to Garmin Connect. The Garmin icon pops up on the (Mac) desktop ok, but when I hit 'upload' the window appears, but blank. And just sits there. I'm thinking it's most likely an upgrade issue. I've been clinging onto Classic mode for as long as possible, so is this the problem? 'Modern' seems to use something called Express, rather than Connect. Do I need to get with this new-fangled way of doing things? Because, if so, I'm also going to need to update my OS. Which will be a pain

Good to hear that actually. Mightn't be the poor watch after all.

davedanon wrote: »

That was the same problem I was experiencing Dave. It works with the new garmin connect rather than classic.

My major problem was my mac operating system was too old to install garmin express. In order for garmin express to work I would need upgrade a few versions of the mac OS. Works fine on my new macbook with mavericks OS.

New Macbook would be lovely. Not the cheap option though. Looks like I'll have to OS-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the runs getting uploaded to Garmin Connect with random titles?
    My lunch time run today was 'Aberdaron Community Running'!!!
    I've had this for past 3 days activities

And is classic view gone? :(

Thanks folks, sorted. Who knew my Mac was so up to date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

No issue uploading just now with Garmin Connect.

Nope. Still nothing. ****sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Well I ran in Kilkeel but also had a run in Crossmaglen too :D

This is a bit embarassing for Garmin at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Garmin 620
    watch is freezing and saying battery is dead when it ain't. Full or soft reset do nothing. Emailed garmin support and they say needs to be replaced. Well at least it won't have me running 2min miles now either or changing altitude like a nasa rocket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you go to the following website and connect to both of your accounts it will synch everything up for you.

Make sure to reconfigure and ensure Private workouts are syched also.

https://tapiriik.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

rom wrote: »
    Garmin 620
    watch is freezing and saying battery is dead when it ain't. Full or soft reset do nothing. Emailed garmin support and they say needs to be replaced. Well at least it won't have me running 2min miles now either or changing altitude like a nasa rocket.

Join the club, I had my original one replaced as well! To be fair to them with the latest s/w it's way better than when it was launched. The moral of the story for me is never buy a Garmin product 'til it's at least a year in production!

Hopefully you'll have better luck with the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Something else to note. The maps of my activities over the last few days don't show up on classic view, where if I switch to modern they're there. They probably trying to get everyone to switch now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Something else to note. The maps of my activities over the last few days don't show up on classic view, where if I switch to modern they're there. They probably trying to get everyone to switch now...

I don't they're that clever :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Help! My 405cx won't sync on garmin express. Transferring data keeps showing on the watch screen but then nothing. This keeps happening over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

My Garmin 110 wouldn't upload to Garmin Connect yesterday either and I know the watch recorded the run because I was keeping an eye on it. I don't know if it's the watch or the laptop. I'm looking for an excuse to get a new watch but maybe it's the Garmin site itself.

Advertisement