Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol Christmas Gig

Options
  • 16-10-2013 10:19am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard any update on this?

Current rumours are that it will be in either the Venue or Ebrington Square on either the 21st or 23rd December.

Afaik the Venue holds about 2,000 and Ebrington holds the guts of 10,000. Tickets would sell out no problem so Ebrington would be the logical choice but perhaps they're worried about the weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No more updates recently, just rumours at present.

Also think the Venue holds 4,000 and the square about 15000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've heard two nights in The Venue mentioned.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Still no official word on this and its getting close to the time it was meant to be on, I guess it looks like its not happening after all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

NIMAN wrote: »
    Still no official word on this and its getting close to the time it was meant to be on, I guess it looks like its not happening after all?

I'd assume so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

It was in the paper a few weeks ago that it wasn't happening. There was discussions about it, but someone at the Council/CoC blabbed before it was finalised and it fell through. Shame really, there doesn't really seem to be any big send off for The Venue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement