Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42'' Is Hard, Can you fix it?

• 18-12-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I recently switched to a 42'' tv and im finding it A LOT harder to play xbox, especially in call of duty, it is a lot harder to aim.
    Do you have any suggestions or solutions to this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sit further back from the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I recently switched to a 42'' tv and im finding it A LOT harder to play xbox, especially in call of duty, it is a lot harder to aim.
    Do you have any suggestions or solutions to this problem?

That doesn't even make sense. If any thing it is harder to play on a small screen. It's also down to user error. Pratice makes perfect you will just have to get used to the changes as there is no way to change it. Or you could play with keyboard and mouse. But that will require extra hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,228 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If you find aim slower, up the sensitivity on the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

First world problems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FitzShizzle

That doesn't even make sense. If any thing it is harder to play on a small screen. It's also down to user error. Pratice makes perfect you will just have to get used to the changes as there is no way to change it. Or you could play with keyboard and mouse. But that will require extra hardware.

IT makes perfect sense, it is harder to play first person shooters and bigger tvs! after looking into it ive realised that my problem is 'input lag' haven't quite figured out how to solve it yet.
    And while tips like adjusting sensitivity and sitting further back from the tv help, they dont completely solve the problem!
    ^^ Thanks for all your inputs all the same, any more keep em coming :*

"First world problems" :')

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it is input lag then your TV should have a Game mode in the video options that will reduce input lag. I find sitting up closer to the TV helps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I have various sizes of LCD's dotted around the house from 19" to 42" and most with a 360 connected to them.

I've found that the perfect size of screen for playing FPS games is 22" and sitting quiet close to it. With the larger screens, I believe that your eyes (and therefore brain) have far more information to handle and you feel like you have to look around the screen, whereas the smaller screen allows for all the information to be right there in front of you.

This is just my personal opinion but I know quite a few people who seem to agree that large screens are great for the likes of Skyrim but for FPS games, smaller is better.

So OP, when you say it's an "input lag", I reckon it's actually a delay from your brain processing the extra information of the larger screen and everything else that your eyes can see. Sitting closer to a smaller screen limits your visual input and therefore allows you to focus and process the information better on the screen in front of you.

Feel free to contradict me, as I said, this is just my personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm locking this. Already a thread in the PS forum and has been locked on the games forum too, no need for three threads on the same subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement